AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-02-02, 21:39   Link #1
mimiru1
The Wander

How do you download faster?

Hi,

I'm new to download things and I've trying to download the anime that people have suggest to watch them. But it took me 1-2 day(s) to finish download 1 episode ;;. Can anyone help me how to download faster. and also I'm using DSL. I'm really appreciated!!!!! and pretty plzzzzzzz. Thank you..

mimiru1
mimiru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 21:43   Link #2
mimiru1
The Wander

How do you download faster?

Hi,

I'm new to download things, and i'm been trying to download from the suggestion but it took me 1-2 day(s) to finish 1 episode. Can anyone help me how to download faster. Pretty plzzzzzzz. Really appreciated!!!!!!!!!Thank you...

The Wander
Old 2006-02-02, 21:43   Link #3
jedinat
フリーター

Errr... wrong forum.

And, your using bittorrent right?

Be sure the port your using is unblocked if you're behind a router....
And I'd set your max upload at around 45kB/s or thereabouts...

...There's really no reason to make a post like this on a forum. Use Google Google Google and look for a bittorrent guide or something.

~edit~
Here Here Here first page result for google search "bittorrent guide"
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 21:51   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

copy and paste:

There are a number of factors to consider when optimizing BitTorrent or even just getting it to work properly, so please read all of what I write out here:

1) Are you using a router in your network setup? A router would be a device that you can plug your computer, possibly multiple computers, into. You also plug your modem into it. If you do use a router, you need to configure it for BitTorrent. If you plug your modem directly into your computer, you don't have a router to configure. Do note that some modems are also routers; you'd be able to tell this if you can plug multiple computers into it, but you don't need to plug a modem in. Instead, you'd plug in either a phone line (if you use DSL) or the cable connector (if you use cable).

If you are using a router, you'll either need to port forward, or enable UPnP forwarding (it may be called UPnP Support; it'll be UPnP something, either way) in both your router and your BitTorrent client. UPnP forwarding is a bit more efficient and easier to do than port forwarding, which requires that you manually specify ports. Neither are very difficult to do, although you may need to hunt around for the options to set either.

2) What type of connection are you using? If you're on an ADSL connection, you need to limit your upload speed. This is because of the way that ADSL operates: if you're uploading at near your maximum upload capacity, you'll be cutting your download capacity. However, due to the way that the BitTorrent protocol works, you don't want to limit your upload too much, because then you'll have a harder time getting other clients to send data to you. Generally, setting your upload to 80% of what your maximum upload should be is recommended. However, due to varying conditions, you'll want to experiment by setting it lower and higher to find the optimal upload rate - that is, the fastest that you can upload at without impacting your download rate. If you use cable, you probably don't need to worry about this, but I have heard of some people who had to limit their upload speed, too.

3) What ISP (internet service provider) are you using? This is particularly important if you're using cable, as many companies are starting to limit BitTorrent usage. Depending on the company, there may or may not be a way to get around their blocking of BitTorrent.

4) BitTorrent speeds will not always be fast. This depends on how popular the torrent is (how many people are on it) and its general health: if it's brand new, or if it's established and there are multiple "copies" of the file in distribution, or if it's an old torrent with spotty distribution.
Old 2006-02-12, 14:32   Link #5
mimiru1
The Wander

thank you for reply. I'll try how it works out.
Old 2006-03-12, 04:40   Link #6
NuclearToast

Dont forget not to upload if you want fast downloads

Dont forget, Anti Leeching code written into bit torrent, If your global max upload is 10kb, and your downloading 5 torrents at once, thats less than 2k per torrent,

Remember Bit Torrent works off karma, Leechers get crappy downloads, while Seeders/ sharers / uploaders get AWESOME download speeds.

If your max upload is 10kbytes, then you need to focus only on one torrent at a time, thereby increasing your download speed

If you have an upload rate of 60kbytes per second yet your only shareing 5 of that, .. your gonna get bad karma.

My cous has 3xT3's 2xT1's coming into his workplace.... his computer finishes ANY torrent in under 20 min.... his upload rate is also 2MEG/s (bytes not bits) and so in under 20 min he has already seeded 2x as much as he has downloaded.

He gets in trouble if he uses too much bandwidth, so he limits himself to only 3to6 upload ratio....

but one night he forgot to turn a torrent off, the next day he had sent over 45 gigs! the IT guys really yelled at him for that one :P

Anyway, the above advice of checking your ports, and firewalls, is good advice, but its also very essential to share, not just leech...

happy torrenting
NuclearToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 08:18   Link #7
Cannonxiao
雪樱红&

Send a message via MSN to Cannonxiao
most important, depand on your line speed