AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 13 25.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 19.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-13, 12:27   Link #361
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Knight View Post
This is just a speculation, but what if the reason Shin's geass didn't affect Akito the same way it did with the others, has something do with Akito age and not understanding the concept of the geass placed on him.

If this is what happened, it may explain how he survived and how the geass placed on him may have screwed with his mind over the years.
Nothing has indicated that as of yet so we won't know.
The story is too disjointed for us to even begin to consider what is and is not an ability of Geass or the effects of Geass.
What we do know is that Akito was dead (according to him) and yet he came back to life. What Akito means by that is not yet known, but the fact that Lelouch has been added to this OVA lends itself to the strong possibility of a retcon (meaning that Lelouch encounters Shin and is effected by his Geass like Akito, dies but comes back to life).
Old 2014-01-13, 14:09   Link #362
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Nothing has indicated that as of yet so we won't know.
What we do know is that Akito was dead (according to him) and yet he came back to life. What Akito means by that is not yet known, but the fact that Lelouch has been added to this OVA lends itself to the strong possibility of a retcon (meaning that Lelouch encounters Shin and is effected by his Geass like Akito, dies but comes back to life).
I thought that was just symbolic. Akito may consider himself dead for not having an objective in life and being the only survivor from his old group. When he saw Shinn, Akito obtained a will to live which is apparently revenge and "revived." Kind of similar to how Lelouch said that he was dead inside until he obtained the Geass.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 14:30   Link #363
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I thought that was just symbolic. Akito may consider himself dead for not having an objective in life and being the only survivor from his old group. When he saw Shinn, Akito obtained a will to live which is apparently revenge and "revived." Kind of similar to how Lelouch said that he was dead inside until he obtained the Geass.
Under normal circumstances, I would've considered it symbolism. But in this case, I do consider it literal. Simply because everyone we've seen afflicted with Shinn's "die" geass, did in fact die. As to how Akito "died" but is still alive, has yet to be revealed, but I do believe that he did die & somehow revived.
Old 2014-01-13, 15:59   Link #364
Kusaja

I agree that Shin's Geass command is definitely meant to literally kill people. However, the order is still technically open to some interpretation by the victim.

The way that Suzaku made use of the "Live!" command in a sense that wasn't intended by Lelouch/Zero is a previously known example of this kind of situation.

For whatever reason, Akito did not physically die despite receiving this "Die!" order. Why? That's the entire question.

Did he follow the command at all? Did he resist it? Did he understand "dying" in some other way? We don't know yet.

However, I don't believe this has anything to do with the power of "revival" or anything of the sort. "Resurrecting the dead" seems a huge and unjustified leap in logic.

At this point, I believe it's more likely that Akito either resisted the command or tried to kill himself but a third party or something else could have saved his life.

Shin was very surprised to see Akito alive and well, so I take it that he didn't expect his brother to have survived at all. His survival is probably unrelated to the Geass command.

It's preposterous to imagine Shin's power would "revive" anyone or that he wants to resurrect Lelouch after the events of the main story, since absolutely nothing suggests this.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2014-01-13 at 16:24.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 18:12   Link #365
mangakid95

^Sorry, I wasn't being clear when I carelessly used the word "revive". To make it clearer, supposing Akito was in a state of clinical death & resuscitated not long afterwards? Thus fulfilling the criteria for "dying," but not breaking any rules as to how & why he's still alive.

Last edited by mangakid95; 2014-01-14 at 02:09.
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 20:57   Link #366
wredsa

I wonder whether Shin, Akito storyline would follow Itachi, Sasuke storyline. Shin might have killed his family to stop from revolting or something ...
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 05:47   Link #367
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
I wonder whether Shin, Akito storyline would follow Itachi, Sasuke storyline. Shin might have killed his family to stop from revolting or something ...
if they did that I would drop this immediately no matter what
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 10:17   Link #368
Kusaja

Let's be frank here: Naruto didn't invent the concept of brothers fighting each other.

I think the circumstances are different enough to make the comparison rather unfounded.

We don't know what actually happened between them yet, but Shin seems too self-serving and happy to kill for that sort of motivation.
Old 2014-01-15, 21:21   Link #369
mangakid95

Shin is no Itachi. He's far from it. For one, Itachi's rape face, isn't half as creepy as Shin's & two, Shin seems to derive pleasure/satisfaction from killing & willingly does it. Itachi hadn't killed anyone since the Clan massacre, due to his pacifistic ways.
mangakid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:04   Link #370
stardrago

Say, I'm hearing about that this ova had a picture drama included in its released, does anyone know what this is about?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 21:41   Link #371
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
Say, I'm hearing about that this ova had a picture drama included in its released, does anyone know what this is about?
It's a side story of Ryo, Yukiya and Ayano getting their medical checkup and later each asked to fold origami with a pair of robotic hands that operate the same way as the Alexanders. They end up competing with Akito and somehow all four of them keep folding the exact same things. It's pretty much foreshadowing.
Old 2014-01-20, 03:33   Link #372
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's a side story of Ryo, Yukiya and Ayano getting their medical checkup and later each asked to fold origami with a pair of robotic hands that operate the same way as the Alexanders. They end up competing with Akito and somehow all four of them keep folding the exact same things. It's pretty much foreshadowing.
And...enough useless.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 06:29   Link #373
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

If they include Lelouch here, this will leave a plot hole where in the R2 he didn't remember anything about being Julius Kingsley and such, because from his personality, if he actually had done something as Julius Kingsley he would take it to his advantage later on

ホワイトアルバム2、最高の物語が始まる、そしてその季節がまた来る
最高のVN
冬馬かずさ 大ファンより
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:35   Link #374
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
If they include Lelouch here, this will leave a plot hole where in the R2 he didn't remember anything about being Julius Kingsley and such, because from his personality, if he actually had done something as Julius Kingsley he would take it to his advantage later on
The emperor can rewrite Lelouch's memory like an MP3 CD
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:44   Link #375
Kusaja

Quote:
It's called a retcon, if you want to get technical, but I don't think your assumption is correct.

I believe nothing Julius Kinsgley does in Europe would change Lelouch's later actions in Japan.

The EU is inevitably going to collapse within days or weeks of the start of R2, so the whole theater will be removed from the world stage.

If Julius Kinsgley somehow contributed to that process beforehand, he'd know better than anyone else what the final outcome will be.

If anything, the fact Lelouch chose to focus on China as the entry point for his worldwide expansion plans already seems to reflect this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Nothing too important, beyond that precedent, but it sounds like a decent opportunity for adding a little extra character interaction to the mix.
Old 2014-01-20, 12:44   Link #376
GundamFan0083

Quote:
You noticed that too eh.
Old 2014-01-22, 17:55   Link #377
ImperialFlameGod8190

well that's not necessarily true after all if they re-wrote his memories to make him Kingsley they could've also made him forget that he was ever kingsley in the first place the kiss that he got from C2 was suppose to unlock his sealed zero memories. its not necessarily true that the memories of what happened in those years was known to him.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 13:33   Link #378
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
well that's not necessarily true after all if they re-wrote his memories to make him Kingsley they could've also made him forget that he was ever kingsley in the first place the kiss that he got from C2 was suppose to unlock his sealed zero memories. its not necessarily true that the memories of what happened in those years was known to him.
I dunno, that would be a Deus ex Machina at that point.
CC in no way is specific about what memories Lelouch gets back.
She just tells him to "remember who is really is" and breaks the seal.
In my opinion he'd remember being Kingsley.

Old 2014-01-24, 14:58   Link #379
Scherzo09

So I watched Episode 2. Characters still aren't the greatest or most developed (Akito and Leila in particular need more development) and I keep rolling my eyes whenever the show goes "Gee, those Europans are incompetent bourgeois cowards!", I honestly rather liked it. I also didn't mind how 'Julius' was handled because it's obvious from Suzaku's look of contempt that he's
Spoiler for Character's true identity from most recent episode:
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:23   Link #380
Scherzo09

Also the show is really schizophrenic in how it deals with its Alt-History worldbuilding. Like it has the sense to treat Saint Petersburg as the Russian Capital as opposed to Moscow, but the world map in Suzaku's stateroom on the train inexplicably has South Sudan as an independent nation.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote