AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2003-12-25, 01:59   Link #21
Zeraphm

Huh? flame deleted ...... i think you miss the point of what i said. I said it should be an option in the trackers.

Quote:
And why do you think you have the right to decide how other people have to use their bandwith?

I can understand if you are pissed if you don't get good download rates (happens also very often to me), but this is no justification
Umm.. why do you think you have the right to decide.. what? who? what are you talking about? Like i said, there should be an option to prevent against ppl that dont share because no one gets anywhere with an attitude like that. If you dont like it, dont turn on the option.... simple as that.... if your the leecher, obviously you cant do anything about the option... so you'd better start uploading. Thats the basic idea, lots of room for improvement

flame deleted

-----------------------------
Forse
-----------------------------

I was just looking through an experimental BT client and when you click to see the info of the other users, it has upload and download stats. Apparently that info is kept by the user... so I mean... my client could see who has uploaded at least some and give packets to those guys but deny the rest. That would suck for the leechers that dont upload. But it'd be cooler if the tracker could do it. Besides that.. I'm sure the upload/download stats are easy to fake but still, its a thought

Yours truly,

Z

flames deleted by NoSanninWa. They were fairly mild, but we do have rules against personal insults in this forum

Sorry. I'll try not to do it again

Last edited by Zeraphm; 2003-12-25 at 02:09. Reason: flames
Zeraphm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 03:45   Link #22
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Then I say it in another way:
I think nobody has the right to decide how other people have to use their bandwith.
Like I said: It's frustrating if you don't recieve anything for a while (especially for people without patience (like me)), but it isn't the right way to try forcing people to upload.

And besides the fact that it's technically impossible (the tracker can't really control if the values it recieves are correct), you can't really judge if the person is doing it willingly or not... for example I often find my client not uploading at all for some time, even though there would be bandwith available.
well the reason why Bram Cohen wrote BT and placed a upload/download rate function is for ppl to share...the more you upload the more you download. You can disable upload completely from some clients and I find it unfair. I myself upload gigs and gigs worth of data everyday. I'd say it would be nice if tracker would look after clients and if client doesn't upload at all then it would msg it and would temp ban it for say 5-30 min
Old 2003-12-25, 05:18   Link #23
Zeraphm

Maybe I just look at it differently from you. I'm not deciding how they are going to use their bandwidth they already decided that for themselves (the choice being not to use their bandwidth). So I mean, its all about choices, and they made their personal choice and if that is the way they feel, oh well. Everybody has a choice, they chose theirs.

I agree with Forse on why this program was written (mainly sharing) and thats how i think it should stay. I do think its unfair, so with that inmind, this method is just a means to and end.

While technically impossible (maybe, i'm not really a programmer), it would be nice, and this is just my suggestion. Thats what this thread is for right?

Cheers! ^_^

Z
Old 2003-12-25, 05:20   Link #24
Zeraphm

Could you delete this post please? Sorry. Hit it twice I guess... ??

Last edited by Zeraphm; 2003-12-25 at 05:23. Reason: Double Post
Old 2003-12-25, 12:52   Link #25
Forse
r00t for life

well I think upload rate in bt is 1 to 10 so if you upload 1kb/s you can download at 100kb/s which I think is pretty fair!
Old 2003-12-25, 15:08   Link #26
u&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forse
I'd say it would be nice if tracker would look after clients and if client doesn't upload at all then it would msg it and would temp ban it for say 5-30 min
Read the specs for bittorrent. The client already does something similar to this. It's not the trackers job to try to be fair.

Just a general rule of thumb:
If you get in early on a torrent you're going to seed more than you leech and if you get in late it's going to be reversed. BT is in a way an inverted pyramid game where the rewards are greater the later you get in to the game. If you don't like those rules don't play the game.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote