AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 23:29   Link #4861
Meltyred

Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 00:03   Link #4862
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
He's the 30th Commander of the Gotei 13. Chapter 394. (though I think it's a mistranslation since he apparently founded the group?)

Divisions have nothing to do with it.
Don't know where 30th CC is coming from but on mangafox:

Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.

Well quigonkenny ninja'd me. But yeah. Thanks quigonkenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Would be really funny if Byakuya's bankai wasn't even a real bankai cause the sword was fooling around and not actually assuming any form, too lazy to turn into the bankai so it just multiplied the petals.

That or this power up is Renji's only, cause his sword doesn't like him, even after several hundred years.
If that turns out to be true don't know if the transcendent thing is worse or that possibly.

As much as I like Renji that powerup he got was way too much.

Then again Kubo doesn't know how to scale so meh.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 11:33   Link #4863
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post

Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:57   Link #4864
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

Also he founded the gotei. So don't see where 2, 3 let alone 30 is coming from.
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
Old 2014-01-21, 12:47   Link #4865
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Damn while this guy was so epic without his zanpakuto, everybody was so scared when invaded by the Vandereich
Scared, worried, confused, etc. (Surprised, and so on).

Most VC's and below were probably scared. Many VCs and captains were probably confused. And the older ones were probably just worried.

Not to mention Yamaji just like WB & Rayliegh was nerfed. Unless they have a flashback of these dues in there primes we won't ever know what they were really capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Yeah, I was looking at the mangastream translation for that which was a translation error. My bad....
Its cool dude. I was just surprised.

Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
Old 2014-01-21, 14:01   Link #4866
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Unless the 30th CC by SK standards. IF SK resets everything after every 1 million years or so (the fight between hollows/soul reapers has been going on for about the same amount of time info revealed by Grimmjow).

Then for all we know the SK has reset the Bleach universe 30 times before. And this is the 30th a 'soul society' has been set up.

Now that is pure conjecture on my part but it would make things interesting, I think.
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.

So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
Old 2014-01-21, 14:36   Link #4867
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Conjecture usually has at least something to base it off of. There's literally no "30" anywhere on that page in question. It's a mistranslation.
You're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
So, technically, is the Mangafox translation you posted (he's asking "why do you think" in the original, not "have you forgotten"), but at least that is just a different phrasing of what means basically the same thing in English. A little phrase-turning is perfectly fine, or else every scanlation would be boringly similar. The number "30" appeared out of thin air.

Now, I only have access to the tankoubon scans, not the magazine scans, so I guess it's possible that there was some hint at a "30th Gotei 13" in the magazine that was changed for publication, but the fact that only one translation group put that in there out of all the ones that I've seen makes that very unlikely...
My apologies. I should have said PURE conjecture on my part.

Yea I was just using mangafox to disclaim the earlier notion of Yama being the "30th" CC of SS. He was the first and only one for well however old SS was.

Up until his death.

Yeah again I agree it is almost highly unlikely even if the resting of the universe is true. Bleach being rest 30 times is less likely more like 3 to 5 times I figure at most.
Old 2014-01-22, 05:48   Link #4868
Knjaz

Well, last chapter explains quite some stuff, I guess....
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:12   Link #4869
Esclair

One of the more interesting chapters in a while.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:35   Link #4870
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yes! Only Bleach could pull out something like this...

Juha Bach is a more interesting last boss than Uchiha Madara from Naruto
wondering how to defeat him... it must be super hard

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:49   Link #4871
The Small One

That's definately a really interessting power, but somehow a little bit too limitless for my taste.

But I really wonder now, why Bach didn't try to kill Aizen.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 07:16   Link #4872
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

Who wrote this chapter and what did you do to Kubo ?

Quite an interesting chapter in a long while. Definitely like Juha more now though, not quite as much as Aizen. It had that feel that the first quarter of this manga had. Very fascinating. Please keep up with this quality Kubo.
Old 2014-01-22, 07:53   Link #4873
ChuckE

suddenly - interesting Bleach chapter
Old 2014-01-22, 08:02   Link #4874
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Looks like Ishida realized he messed up big time

Also Juha became more broken tan Voldemort in one chapter
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 08:28   Link #4875
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Interesting chapter.

Little back story on Bach was nice, despite it being so damn short.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 09:18   Link #4876
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
yes! Only Bleach could pull out something like this...

Juha Bach is a more interesting last boss than Uchiha Madara from Naruto
wondering how to defeat him... it must be super hard
Stop people who have touched him from dying. No killing Quincy's. Shinigami's to survive in battle. Juha Bach dead

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 09:26   Link #4877
Death Usagi
Death by Re

Every soul belongs to Juha Bach!
Old 2014-01-22, 10:31   Link #4878
SeanQ

damn so taking yama-ji's soul is only enough to live on 5 days ... lmfao
Old 2014-01-22, 11:27   Link #4879
sayde

I love how chapters such as this can (and usually do) prove far more interesting than chapters focused on an action-packed battle. I rather like the explanation of Yhwach's ability. It's definitely powerful, but at the same time, it posses a major problem for him. I mean it sucks that he needs constant sacrifices just to retain his senses. It feels like too many people have to die for him to stay strong, even then, the power he gains is implied to only last for a relatively short amount of time. It's clearly going to work against him later on. So in one chapter we learned all about his ability and his motivation (or at least a big part of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But I really wonder now, why Bach didn't try to kill Aizen.
I'm pretty sure he can't--which is probably why he didn't try to. Besides, if war is what this guy needs to survive, then I suppose someone like Aizen is far more useful alive than dead, regardless of where his allegiance's may ultimately lie.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 14:52   Link #4880
the one above all

This was an amazing chapter since it explained Bach's orgins and as expected he has some broken ability. To be honest the first couple of pages a part of me thought I was reading the wrong manga

Tags
bleach, chapter