AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 17:21   Link #2341
Xefi
Asterism Starlight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
Only if you get 1000 views, then you get a WHOLE $3.
lol...no thanks. i don't think i can even get about 100 views even for
the shake of "talking good things about Xbone". just like what Vallen was saying: god damn "cheapskate"

regardless, looking forward to more AWESOME news from micro$oft. they don't
seems to let me down when it comes to been awesome @ what they do!
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 05:25   Link #2342
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Recently the guys at VideoGamer UK Podcast talked about the whole issue on youtube. I actually found their points on how the whole youtube issue is at the core a problem with the youtubers (and how "journalism" on youtube happens) so you can't really put the blame on microsoft very insightful/agreeable.

According to reports microsoft claims they didn't really want for it. Given this is Machima we're talking about after hearing the opinions of the guys on the podcast talk about it I'm also starting to think it's more plausible that MS PR just treated Machima as any other outlet and it's the whole wankiness of youtube which envolves the people reviewing and the people making the coverage deals that just skewed it into the direction it went.

Video of relevant discussion, (should start right at the relevant part)
Old 2014-01-24, 18:01   Link #2343
Xefi
Asterism Starlight
*Graphic Designer

Microsoft on 1080p/60fps -- "These little things get way overblown"
Quote:
The real differences between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games are "pretty minor," so making a point to get worked up over benchmarks like 1080p and 60fps isn't worth it, Xbox director of product planning Albert Penello has said.

"Look, I've had a lot of time to think about this and I believe in what I said. I believe that the differences [between the PS4 and Xbox One] is not that great," Penello said during the latest Gamertagradio podcast. "And I know what is going behind the scenes and I have access to more information about some of this...than a lot of people. Sometimes I think people tend to neglect the points that are in my favor and they like to highlight the points that tell me that I am wrong. Right now, I still think Ryse is still the best looking game on any platform. Period. End of story."

Square Enix revealed earlier this week that the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at 60fps on PS4, while the Xbox One frame rate remains a mystery. Penello said it could be true that Tomb Raider runs at 30fps on Xbox One, but pointed out that the Xbox One is just a couple months old and experiences are only going to get better with time.

"At the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm going to pick ours. I work here. I root for the home team. I'm very biased. I feel like if you're going to buy one box, you should buy the Xbox One because it does deliver an all-in-one experience. It does have the best exclusives. It does have the best-looking games."
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6417326/

comments: minor differences, yay! lol...this article made my day.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 18:04   Link #2344
GDB

Quote:
Square Enix revealed earlier this week that the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will run at 60fps on PS4, while the Xbox One frame rate remains a mystery. Penello said it could be true that Tomb Raider runs at 30fps on Xbox One, but pointed out that the Xbox One is just a couple months old and experiences are only going to get better with time.
They realize the PS4 is also only a couple of months old, right?

Quote:
At the end of the day, if I have to pick one box, I'm going to pick ours. I work here. I root for the home team. I'm very biased.
Tell us again why we should listen to you when you don't support your claims?

Ha, thanks for the laugh.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 22:19   Link #2345
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
[...] but pointed out that the Xbox One is just a couple months old and experiences are only going to get better with time.
They realize the PS4 is also only a couple of months old, right?
What they meant by "just a couple months old" is that they've just barely managed to bolt it together from scratch in the past "couple" of months.

Actually no... judging by the many cases of disappointment so far, they are still bolting away.

Microsoft pioneering pay-to-enter alpha hardware.

I guess it could be worse, they could have literally made it a water cooler to complete with apple tacking over your trashcan.
Old 2014-01-25, 00:32   Link #2346
Chaos2Frozen
:)

It's fun watching Microsoft squirm while trying to act dignified.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 21:53   Link #2347
Westlo
Lets be reality

Honestly speaking most people would have no idea about 60 fps compared to 30 fps. Go show someone a random sfiv fight that's on nico nico and youtube, like say the recent topanga league contest. One is shown in 60fps, the other 30fps, noticeable as shit to me, but I bet 99% of people would notice no difference.

Avg gamer has no idea why 60fps is so important for fighting games and stuff like DMC, what chance to general public have lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 22:21   Link #2348
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
lol...no thanks. i don't think i can even get about 100 views even for
the shake of "talking good things about Xbone". just like what Vallen was saying: god damn "cheapskate"
Actually i'm not sure if its that bad. I mean if you reach the 1.25 million view limit they set, and you were able to make videos weekly or bi-weekly, you would actually be making enough money to make a living. I mean 1.25 million views amounts to $3,750 for something like a 10 minute video that you put together in a week or two in your free time(a lot of youtubers do weekly updates); actually sounds pretty darn good. Especially if you actually DO enjoy making those videos. That $3 can really add up. Course many won't reach that limit on views, but they could still make a few thousand dollars off videos that they were making anyway.
Old 2014-01-26, 02:25   Link #2349
Chaos2Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Honestly speaking most people would have no idea about 60 fps compared to 30 fps. Go show someone a random sfiv fight that's on nico nico and youtube, like say the recent topanga league contest. One is shown in 60fps, the other 30fps, noticeable as shit to me, but I bet 99% of people would notice no difference.

Avg gamer has no idea why 60fps is so important for fighting games and stuff like DMC, what chance to general public have lol.
But aren't streaming sites unable to show 60fps? Show them a game live in front of them and the difference is way more clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually i'm not sure if its that bad. I mean if you reach the 1.25 million view limit they set, and you were able to make videos weekly or bi-weekly, you would actually be making enough money to make a living. I mean 1.25 million views amounts to $3,750 for something like a 10 minute video that you put together in a week or two in your free time(a lot of youtubers do weekly updates); actually sounds pretty darn good. Especially if you actually DO enjoy making those videos. That $3 can really add up. Course many won't reach that limit on views, but they could still make a few thousand dollars off videos that they were making anyway.
Yes, it's only 1.25 million views
Old 2014-01-26, 03:04   Link #2350
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
But aren't streaming sites unable to show 60fps? Show them a game live in front of them and the difference is way more clearer.
Nico Nico is 60fps unlike youtube.

And I doubt it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:33   Link #2351
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You can also tell its 60fps and not 30fps on twitch streams. But ya in most games I can't tell shit; it's just certain genres like fighters where its pretty obvious.

That being said the whole "omg its unwatchable at 30fps" is a load of bullshit IMO. It just feels better, other then that both are perfectly watchable.
Old 2014-01-26, 05:30   Link #2352
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If you put 60fps vs 30fps side-by-side, you'd be able to tell which is it.

But otherwise, most people can't tell the difference, unless the game is extremely twitch-reliant. Otherwise 30fps would had been the death of gaming.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 08:09   Link #2353
Chaos2Frozen

Personally, 60fps can be seen just whenever something moves- and once you've seen it, you cannot unsee
Old 2014-01-26, 08:29   Link #2354
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

That's a bit unfair. While 30fps vs 60fps isn't particularly important for someone just watching it's brutally important for anyone who is playing. It's a matter of needing that extra information or not: when you are playing you need to be able to quickly react while when watching that's no longer the case.

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 10:30   Link #2355
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Personally, 60fps can be seen just whenever something moves- and once you've seen it, you cannot unsee
Bah! They say the same about retina display or just apple products in general. There is a name for people getting "symptoms" of things that otherwise either have no effect (eg. wind mill sickness... when you're 100km away) or have a very very insignificant effect compared to what people perceive (different =/= superior, eg. mobile devices, laptop oriented workflows, retina, super sharp textures in games, etc—often these are also generalized as improvements, when depending on context they may actually be regressions), or it has a real effect but to YOU it actually shouldn't have an effect (or in your circumstances it shouldn't) even though you think it does, it's called mass psychogenic illness. Essentially if you feel sick about X then you have a chance of spreading that "sickness" to others, even though your sickness might just be all in your head; there are many documented cases and it's somewhat troublesome. Consider for a moment how a lot of these so called "[wide spread] problems" became a problem when they wanted to sell it to you or when a certain part of the community needed to brag about their "superior [more expensive] tech" and if you truly feel it makes that much of a difference to you when you ignore outside "opinion" then by all means, suffer away...
Old 2014-01-27, 01:31   Link #2356
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
It's not important, since I've been gaming on the PS3 this whole gen, but if I can be offered the better choice, why not?

I'd love to play the proper JRPG without the frame rate issue.
Old 2014-01-27, 02:21   Link #2357
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's not important, since I've been gaming on the PS3 this whole gen, but if I can be offered the better choice, why not?

I'd love to play the proper JRPG without the frame rate issue.
I've skipped PS3 so i missed out a lot of JRPGs.. but when did traditional JRPGs had frame rate issues?

While 60 fps is a standard that most gamers and games strive to achieve, it always gave way for bigger and flashier explosion in most cases. Only developers that prize gameplay over presentation opt to maintain 60 fps constant in very few cases.
Old 2014-01-27, 03:32   Link #2358
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I've skipped PS3 so i missed out a lot of JRPGs.. but when did traditional JRPGs had frame rate issues?

While 60 fps is a standard that most gamers and games strive to achieve, it always gave way for bigger and flashier explosion in most cases. Only developers that prize gameplay over presentation opt to maintain 60 fps constant in very few cases.
Blue Dragon on the 360 had a ridiculous number of slowdowns and Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 also had a few. One thing to point out though is that these games came early in the console life cycle which means that developers weren't yet at the point where they had fully mastered the hardware.

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 09:05   Link #2359
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post

The whole Atelier series on the PS3, even the latest one, Ayesha. I love the games to death, but god those slowing down to the point of skipping scene drives me nut every time. Also, Dragon Dogma and Dark Soul.
Old 2014-01-27, 09:20   Link #2360
Chaos2Frozen

Lol Dragon's Dogma, love the Mystic Knight's magic cannon