AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-17, 00:14   Link #1981
teejmo

Wow, so much talk about something that I doubt will actually appear in the series...
But speaking of Gremory - what's their special trait? I mean, you have Bael who has the power of destruction (the Gremorys "stole" that with Rias' mom), the Sitris are super good with water, Pheonix is self-explanatory ~ Are the Gremorys only good because they're kind? If so, how the heck did they survive a war?
Old 2014-02-17, 00:36   Link #1982
G147

I think it's stated somewhere that the Gremory possesses strong magic talent. Basically they are very skilled in magic. Well Rias didn't inherit it though since she inherited her mother's ability.

Quote:
グレモリー家
現ルシファーを輩出した名門。元72柱56位。
強力な魔力と、紅い髪を持つのが特徴。
深い情愛を持ち、眷属を慈しむ一族。その分「身内」に手を出された場合、その怒りは凄まじい。
日本の本州と同程度の面積の領土を持ち、広大な眷属用の城を幾つも持つ。領地の特産品は非常に評判がよく産 業も発達しており非常に豊か。また、人間界にも秘密裏に進出しており、ホテルを運営していたりする他、最近 では冥界の大ヒット番組「乳龍帝おっぱいドラゴン」の著作権を初め、関連商品を大々的に売り出すなどして新 たな収入源を得ている。
Well this is taken from the High School DxD Wikipedia. Maybe someone could translate it if they understand Japanese.
Old 2014-02-17, 01:09   Link #1983
teejmo

So, as for the translation:
House of Gremory
Noble family of which the current Lucifer comes from. Originally 56th of the 72 Pillars.
Special traits include powerful magic and red hair.
A house of deep affection, particularly to the household. To that extent, in the event that anyone lays hands on their "family", their anger is horrifying.
Territory is roughly the size of Japan's Honshu, with many large castles for their household. The territory is famous for industry and development. Also, they are secretly expanding into the human world, operating hotels, while recently starting the Underworld's big hit "Chichiryuutei Oppai Dragon", and gaining large profits from its merchandise.

Guess I should check stuff out before asking... Anyways, powerful magic, eh? Well, it may be generic... Though luck may be another special trait. Seriously, gaining the Power of Destruction, meeting and befriending absolute monsters to the point of joining their team ~ They seriously may be some of the luckiest families I know.
Old 2014-02-17, 02:03   Link #1984
jopjopjop

Rias only inherited the POD from her mother.
Sirzechs inherited both the magic talent from his father and POD from his mother, which is rare.
Old 2014-02-17, 02:20   Link #1985
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Rias only inherited the POD from her mother.
Sirzechs inherited both the magic talent from his father and POD from his mother, which is rare.
Rias inherited the Gremory talent. Sirzechs was just a prodigy of it. Lol. They also just specialized in different aspects. Rias in power sirzechs in control. Doesn't mean rias didn't inherit the talent. She is also MUCH younger than sirzechs so doesn't quite have the experience yet even with all the battles she's been through.
Old 2014-02-17, 02:41   Link #1986
jopjopjop

So... Sirzechs doesn't have power? Or Rias has more power than Sirzechs?

Rias' way of using the POD is the "natural" way. Just shooting it and rely on the destructive ability of the POD.
Sirzechs' control, that is said to be the best or second-best in the Underworld, stem from him inheriting the Gremory's magic talent.
Old 2014-02-17, 06:09   Link #1987
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
So... Sirzechs doesn't have power? Or Rias has more power than Sirzechs?

Rias' way of using the POD is the "natural" way. Just shooting it and rely on the destructive ability of the POD.
Sirzechs' control, that is said to be the best or second-best in the Underworld, stem from him inheriting the Gremory's magic talent.
I still believe that rias inherited her clan skill with addition of power of destruction because for me her extinguishing star might require skill of her clan skill

Also both sibling have different style on how they used there power, her older is indeed a genius in technique, rias gift is power, i wonder if the both of the sibling power of destruction from there mother is further enhance by their father clan power that's why there power of destruction is special than bael I think .... sorry if its confusing

I wonder if vali descendant are battle freak like him I wonder who lucky female that will make fall in love too

Old 2014-02-17, 06:39   Link #1988
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I still believe that rias inherited her clan skill with addition of power of destruction because for me her extinguishing star might require skill of her clan skill

Also both sibling have different style on how they used there power, her older is indeed a genius in technique, rias gift is power, i wonder if the both of the sibling power of destruction from there mother is further enhance by their father clan power that's why there power of destruction is special than bael I think .... sorry if its confusing

I wonder if vali descendant are battle freak like him I wonder who lucky female that will make fall in love too
No not really.

Quote:
“There has been a change to my demonic-power due to the influence of Ise’s power. —I might as well name it the “Extinguish Star”. It’s a mass of destruction that eliminates all and it doesn’t have anything like attributes or weaknesses. –Blow away!”
Devils usually inherit one trait, either from the father or the mother, Sairaorg doesn't have the power of destruction but he has the Vapula's lion tamer trait. Sirzechs is an exception to have inherit both.
Old 2014-02-17, 06:53   Link #1989
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
No not really.

Devils usually inherit one trait, either from the father or the mother, Sairaorg doesn't have the power of destruction but he has the Vapula's lion tamer trait. Sirzechs is an exception to have inherit both.
Lets wait for author detail about rias, let change the topic before it goes offhand I wonder how will first will train sairog because he is already strong so I'm curious how will he train him

Old 2014-02-17, 07:23   Link #1990
jopjopjop

Maybe he will teach basic knowledge about senjutsu to Sairaorg so that he can further make use of his touki. If that happens, he will just be like Koneko using Nekomata Mode Level 2 but a more, more powerful one. He will deal damage both inside and out.

Or he will be able to use the attack that KO'd Ross in one hit in succession, but without the slight charging time.
Old 2014-02-17, 07:46   Link #1991
sky black swordman

Quote:
The way things stand now I find it unlikely that he will have children or descendants. Vail has never shown any interest in the opposite sex. Aside from the fact he believes a woman's hip symbolizes the beauty of a woman. Vail made clear early on that his main goal is to defeat and become the strongest existence in the DxD world. After he achieves his goals (that includes fight Ise and killling his grandfather) he will just die.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2014-02-17 at 07:57.
Old 2014-02-17, 08:57   Link #1992
Tbolt

he will just die. that's a pretty bold statement how did you come to that conclusion.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-17 at 09:39.
Old 2014-02-17, 11:28   Link #1993
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Guess I should check stuff out before asking... Anyways, powerful magic, eh? Well, it may be generic... Though luck may be another special trait. Seriously, gaining the Power of Destruction, meeting and befriending absolute monsters to the point of joining their team ~ They seriously may be some of the luckiest families I know.
Maybe that's just their good [karma] at work, cause their not a-holes like other noble families.

Last edited by Hokoga; 2014-02-17 at 11:40.
Old 2014-02-17, 11:53   Link #1994
cyberdemon

Quote:

I'd imagine if Vali took a liking to someone that it would be someone who could kick his ass. That's the only way I could see him taking an interest in a girl. lol
Old 2014-02-17, 12:05   Link #1995
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
he will just die. that's a pretty bold statement how did you come to that conclusion.
Vali said it himself in Volume 4.

Quote:
“You just seek battle. You sure got attached to an ideal dragon. You’re the type that won’t live long.”

“That’s fine. I don’t have any interest in living long. Just, I feel regret being born in this age. A world without God. -----I wanted to try defeating God.”

“That’s really like the Hakuryuukou. And, after defeating all the strong guys, what will you do?”

“-----I’ll die. I don’t have any interest in such a boring world.”
Old 2014-02-17, 12:17   Link #1996
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I don't think he's just going to commit suicide if all the strong people eventually die.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2014-02-17, 13:29   Link #1997
DragoMuseveni
Shadow Realm Ruler

Send a message via Yahoo to DragoMuseveni Send a message via Skype™ to DragoMuseveni
It will be pretty awesome if vali fall in love with a girl just like tsubaki with kiba , trought a fight . Or he will find a girl with more authority above him just like grayfia with sirzechs .
I presume that will of fight that vali possess is because his burning desire to kill rizevim . I just a presumption .
Old 2014-02-17, 13:57   Link #1998
Tbolt

Well he has to hang around to fight the aliens in the future.
Old 2014-02-17, 14:57   Link #1999
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
It will be pretty awesome if vali fall in love with a girl just like tsubaki with kiba , trought a fight . Or he will find a girl with more authority above him just like grayfia with sirzechs .
I presume that will of fight that vali possess is because his burning desire to kill rizevim . I just a presumption .
How about to Longinus user that is currently in the Chaos Brigade? The one with the holy cross.
Old 2014-02-17, 23:35   Link #2000
it_happens

------NEW TO THIS THREAD WASSUP ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
How about to Longinus user that is currently in the Chaos Brigade? The one with the holy cross.
That would be interesting i believe her name is boss lady shein, she runs the magicians correct . but is she even someone who is going to be in dialogue with dxd or is she going to be just a battle appearance ?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life