AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 17:03   Link #5201
takai
Easy Muffin

Just got my Ousawa Miu: Open Shirt Ver in the mail today.
Spoiler for Ousawa Miu: Open Shirt Ver:

I also forgot to mention I got my Milla Maxwell and Luka figures too. They're beautiful.
Spoiler for Milla, Luka, and Miu:
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 03:24   Link #5202
Blanchimont

Just a question. Am I right to assume Hobby Search' Japanese version applies only to Japanese customers? At least it doesn't log you in automatically/let you log in there with your credentials from the English front.

Curious as it does have plenty of sections/articles missing from the English one.
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:12   Link #5203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
Just a question. Am I right to assume Hobby Search' Japanese version applies only to Japanese customers? At least it doesn't log you in automatically/let you log in there with your credentials from the English front.

Curious as it does have plenty of sections/articles missing from the English one.
Basically, it seems that the answer is yes. The Japanese site uses email addresses as the UserID and registration appears to require a Japanese shipping address. Also, certain products indeed don't exist on the English site, even if you append /eng/ to the URL for the product code. So it seems likely that the only way you could order things from the Japanese site would be through a proxy or forwarding service.
Old 2014-02-08, 02:26   Link #5204
takai
Easy Muffin

I just got in my Yagyuu by Vertex today. I have to say, she is beautifully crafted. Even her stand is nice. The cape and scarf, along with the very pretty umbrella just looks great. And of course they nailed her great body. I'm definitely satisfied with this purchase.

Spoiler for Yagyuu by Vertex figure:
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 10:57   Link #5205
abc0716

Recently just got an A/C rated PMMM Sayaka TV ver. at AmiAmi... (Was planned to get A/A rated Akarin but it was sold out before I decide to order it..... )

Spoiler for Bad photography by myself:

I could just seen little dents on the box, although it was rated C on the box status.

By the way, can't wait to see which figures will be shown / announce on the Winter Wonfes which will be held at tomorrow (Personally prefer any Neptunia or RM characters )
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 05:22   Link #5206
Zeydra

I'm a bit of a complete ignoramus when it comes to pvc figures so i'm after a bit of advice and information about one that's caught my eye. Basically, is good smile company's Asuna knights of the blood a wise pre order? I like what i'm seeing from the prototype images but i just want to get my info straight before actually putting in a pre order.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 07:22   Link #5207
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I'm a bit of a complete ignoramus when it comes to pvc figures so i'm after a bit of advice and information about one that's caught my eye. Basically, is good smile company's Asuna knights of the blood a wise pre order? I like what i'm seeing from the prototype images but i just want to get my info straight before actually putting in a pre order.
You cannot go wrong with a GSC figure, it's one of the best figure manufacturers and the mass produced version that you buy will look just like the one on the promotional images

On that note, I got this GSC Kuroyukihime for my birthday last month

Old 2014-02-13, 13:06   Link #5208
Zeydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
You cannot go wrong with a GSC figure, it's one of the best figure manufacturers and the mass produced version that you buy will look just like the one on the promotional images

On that note, I got this GSC Kuroyukihime for my birthday last month

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's good to hear, i'll slap a order down.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 18:07   Link #5209
DXMichael
Stare Into My Eyes...

Just ordered myself Ruby Rose from RWBY. I was surprised figures were made, so when Roosterteeth announced that McFarlane had made one I immediately jumped onto it on their website

Images
Old 2014-02-15, 21:54   Link #5210
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Been meaning to buy this one for a while;

Spoiler for Dat Yui:

Finally got a few other purchases out of the way and ordered this last week.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 07:48   Link #5211
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Images
SH-niisan, is it bedtime?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 14:48   Link #5212
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Something old school I found while packing stuff for moving house.

Images

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 04:16   Link #5213
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Hey people, I have a bunch of figures I bought on trips to Japan but I've been wanting to buy some online. Are there any reliable sites with international shipping that you all order from?
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 21:47   Link #5214
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Hey people, I have a bunch of figures I bought on trips to Japan but I've been wanting to buy some online. Are there any reliable sites with international shipping that you all order from?
I use Hobby Search Japan: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
A lot of people use amiami: http://www.amiami.com/

Those 2 shops ship overseas to you as soon as the product comes out. Depending on the shipping you choose you can get it in 2-3 days (EMS) vs 2-3 weeks (SAL). Depending on the country you're in you might have to pay additional fees at customs.

American based shops like Hobbyfan, HLJ, etc don't receive their items until 1-2 months after the initial Japanese release but at least you don't have to worry about customs as they will receive the items from Japan first then ship it to you locally. However, you are not always guaranteed an item because they sometimes don't always have the stock they promised and sometimes their orders fall through.

For 'exclusives' you need to use a proxy service like BigInJapan or TokyoHunter.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 03:05   Link #5215
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
American based shops like Hobbyfan, HLJ, etc don't receive their items until 1-2 months after the initial Japanese release
HLJ is Japan-based, actually, and the longest I had to wait for them to ship after release (and by that, I assume you mean actual release, not announcement) was a week, maybe two. Definitely not a month, let alone two. When it does take a long time, it's always due to local customs holding my stuff hostage.

Quote:
However, you are not always guaranteed an item because they sometimes don't always have the stock they promised and sometimes their orders fall through.
I've used HLJ for years, bought pretty much all my figurines from them, and never had any issues with them whatsoever. If they do have any issues, I have yet to come across them. Then again, your experience may differ from mine (assuming you've ever used them), so maybe you just got really unlucky.

I myself tried HS, and am not really happy about them. My main issue is that you can't cancel an order after a week (I can cancel anytime between preorder and release at HLJ), which became a bit problematic when I was really strapped for cash and had barely enough funds to pay for an order I placed with them.
Old 2014-03-12, 05:50   Link #5216
Esclair

You're right about HLJ, I was thinking of another shop with a similar sounding name.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 14:09   Link #5217
dfens

HLJ up until recently has been my go to shop for figures. Usually they ship out your order 1 week for me after release.

I'll still use them but they just burned me real bad on my last order.

I ordered a figure 1st day or pre-order back in June that kept getting pushed back manufactures fault so it's cool. Then I noticed it said item discontinued on the product page but I still didn't get billed or emailed for mine.

Had to send them a email they replied that they didn't get enough to fill all the orders but they would see if someone canceled. In the end they sent another email sorry no longer available. After all the money I spent with them over the years no discount on another figure or shipping.

And the worst thing that pissed me off the most I had to email them to find out what the hell was going on.

Their lucky I'll I give them another shot since this is the first time this has happened in 5-6 years.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 15:07   Link #5218
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
HLJ up until recently has been my go to shop for figures. Usually they ship out your order 1 week for me after release.

I'll still use them but they just burned me real bad on my last order.

I ordered a figure 1st day or pre-order back in June that kept getting pushed back manufactures fault so it's cool. Then I noticed it said item discontinued on the product page but I still didn't get billed or emailed for mine.

Had to send them a email they replied that they didn't get enough to fill all the orders but they would see if someone canceled. In the end they sent another email sorry no longer available. After all the money I spent with them over the years no discount on another figure or shipping.

And the worst thing that pissed me off the most I had to email them to find out what the hell was going on.

Their lucky I'll I give them another shot since this is the first time this has happened in 5-6 years.
This exact thing happened to me for the "World is mine" Miku wall figure. HLJ is good when it is not a rare/LE figure, but tends to drop the ball when it is.

What did they ended up screwing you out of, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 2014-03-19, 19:11   Link #5219
bigbadmrt

hi can anyone identify this guy

thanks
bigbadmrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 06:43   Link #5220
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I use Hobby Search Japan: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
A lot of people use amiami: http://www.amiami.com/

Those 2 shops ship overseas to you as soon as the product comes out. Depending on the shipping you choose you can get it in 2-3 days (EMS) vs 2-3 weeks (SAL). Depending on the country you're in you might have to pay additional fees at customs.

American based shops like Hobbyfan, HLJ, etc don't receive their items until 1-2 months after the initial Japanese release but at least you don't have to worry about customs as they will receive the items from Japan first then ship it to you locally. However, you are not always guaranteed an item because they sometimes don't always have the stock they promised and sometimes their orders fall through.

For 'exclusives' you need to use a proxy service like BigInJapan or TokyoHunter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
HLJ is Japan-based, actually, and the longest I had to wait for them to ship after release (and by that, I assume you mean actual release, not announcement) was a week, maybe two. Definitely not a month, let alone two. When it does take a long time, it's always due to local customs holding my stuff hostage.

I've used HLJ for years, bought pretty much all my figurines from them, and never had any issues with them whatsoever. If they do have any issues, I have yet to come across them. Then again, your experience may differ from mine (assuming you've ever used them), so maybe you just got really unlucky.

I myself tried HS, and am not really happy about them. My main issue is that you can't cancel an order after a week (I can cancel anytime between preorder and release at HLJ), which became a bit problematic when I was really strapped for cash and had barely enough funds to pay for an order I placed with them.
Thank you so much for the info guys. It was very thorough. I ended up ordering something through HLJ just because of price and availability. Will update when I get the order.
noir senshi is offline   Reply With Quote