AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-10, 04:00   Link #1
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
A translator's hangout?

***background***
i'm a 19 year old dude who lives in a small "japaneseless" town in california, i've been learning japanese since i was 15 or so, any way, i like translating manga, but i only like translating the manga i REALLY REALLY like, and currently that is Elfenlied, and that is almost done with.

***Meet and Potatoes***

so what i really want is a forum full of people like me, translators that is, people who are translating something and they don't quite understand something in their translation.

a forum from translators for translators. to help them get through the tough lonely small town blues.

and if that already exists, hurah.
Old 2006-03-10, 11:57   Link #2
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
sounds good I'm in. I'm a translator in Ayu and if this topic rolls on I will visit frequently to ask and answer questions. I too also live in a "Japaneseless" town. So I have almost no Japanese friends which kinda sucks.
Old 2006-03-10, 19:18   Link #3
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
today i have been contemplating just going to japan with nothing but a change of clothes, my laptop and my passport, and staying with people i've known on the internet for a while. a friend i know did it, and he lives in florida.

so hell, i can do it too.
Old 2006-03-10, 20:34   Link #4
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
I'm planning on going to Japan this summer as well. I too live in Florida.
Old 2006-03-16, 01:08   Link #5
ultrataro

Do it. Or you could go through college so you can get a degree and try for JET. I've known quite a few people go through that program and it was good. As long as you're a graduate with any type of bacheolor degree you qualify. It's a Japanese gov sponsored program that brings native english speaker in to assist with teaching Japanese students. You get paid, they usually take care of your living arrangements for a year, take care of visa. If things go well, you can usually extend for one more year. After that you're on your own. And Japanese language knowledge is not required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philupthetank86
today i have been contemplating just going to japan with nothing but a change of clothes, my laptop and my passport, and staying with people i've known on the internet for a while. a friend i know did it, and he lives in florida.

so hell, i can do it too.
Closed Thread