AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-08, 21:28   Link #1
DevNull

FMP Fumoffu - Ending song

I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I tried searching the forum for this and couldn't find anything.

Earlier tonight I was playing the FMP Fumoffu ending song (Kimi ni Fuku Kaze I belive it's called). A frined of mine pointed out it was quite similar to another song. When he found it and played it I was shocked at the similarties in voice intonation, music, etc. The song we were compairing it to is "Game of Love" by Michelle Branch & Santana (if I remember correctly).

Anyway I thought this was something unique and thought I'd see if anyone else has posted about it. When I didn't find anything I thought this would be a good way to make my first post.

So Hello Everyone.
Old 2006-03-13, 23:25   Link #2
Crucifix

I haven't listened to any Michelle Branch song so I wouldn't know, maybe I'll try listening to the song to know the similarities, so.....who sang the music first? Michelle Branch or Mikuni Shimokawa?

That aside, what a way to start your stay in Animesuki. Kimi ni Fuku Kaze was one of my favorites before I started listening to SPITZ songs and it would be a big disappointment if it was just a copy.
Old 2006-03-14, 10:10   Link #3
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Well i just got the michelle branch song, and yeah there are some similarities especially the music and style, but the lyrics are quite different,

anyway main point---> thanks for introducing me to a great song! =D
Old 2006-03-14, 11:27   Link #4
DevNull

Wasn't sure on the lyrics. I didn't think they would be that similar there. I don't speak or understand enough japanese to know the difference. It IMO would be too much of a let down if the songs were that identical.

It's still one of my favorite songs and, would be even if they were more identical than they are.
Old 2006-03-15, 21:35   Link #5
toot
Pow! right in the kisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevNull
I don't know if this has been mentioned before. I tried searching the forum for this and couldn't find anything.

Earlier tonight I was playing the FMP Fumoffu ending song (Kimi ni Fuku Kaze I belive it's called). A frined of mine pointed out it was quite similar to another song. When he found it and played it I was shocked at the similarties in voice intonation, music, etc. The song we were compairing it to is "Game of Love" by Michelle Branch & Santana (if I remember correctly).

Anyway I thought this was something unique and thought I'd see if anyone else has posted about it. When I didn't find anything I thought this would be a good way to make my first post.

So Hello Everyone.
so it wasn't just me after all o_O
First time i heard the song, that's exactly what i thought but it was a year ago XD
The "Game of Love" song was prolly released 2001-2002-ish which makes it way more ahead than Fumoffu song

[OT: i prefer the OP of Fumoffu]
konna ni chikaku ni kanjiru
sore ga ai deshou?

*melts*
Old 2006-03-16, 08:31   Link #6
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well I wouldn't really be concerned if the song is "just" a copy of another, since that happens all the time throughout the world nowadays. It's hard to find a real "original" group these days.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Closed Thread