AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-22, 13:38   Link #2621
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Nah, that's you.
The allow me to rephrase the statement. Thanks for telling me my opinion is in fact an opinion.

Anyway... The reason I think it superficial is because its just a silly childhood crush where the girl knew the guy for like, what, two weeks.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 13:42   Link #2622
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
If it is a childhood crush why label it as superficial? Some times is requited and sometimes not.

Btw, said guy was influyent on her family, heck, Hikari made her family.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 13:46   Link #2623
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
If it is a childhood crush why label it as superficial? Some times is requited and sometimes not.
Because of the time. And then I look at Manaka and Chisaki, who have known Hikari for most of their childhood, then Miuna looks even more superficial and lacking in pathos by comparison.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 13:51   Link #2624
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
By comparsion, not by itself. Miuna didn't have a crush on Hikari, it wasn't until he returned that he light the spark on her, btw, she is well aware that her crush is hopeless to not say impossible because of Manaka.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:02   Link #2625
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
One of the interesting things about Miuna's feelings for Hikari is that at first she didn't like him, as the brother of the woman she felt was wrongly taking the place of her mother. Then he became the one who cured her of her dislike for sea-people, and her feelings flipped over into affection. As far as I recall, this happened before the ofunehiki, rather than after he returned. Looking at how she is portrayed, by image and voice, she seems to have deep feeling for him, to me. Deeper romantic feeling for him than Manaka has ever shown me, in fact. Manaka's feelings for him seem more like feelings for a brother, as far as she has actually shown.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:04   Link #2626
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
By comparsion, not by itself. Miuna didn't have a crush on Hikari, it wasn't until he returned that he light the spark on her, btw, she is well aware that her crush is hopeless to not say impossible because of Manaka.
And if that means she never has the play a part in the plot again then pop the champagne!

But irregardless, I'm referring to the events that transpired in episode 20 and those events were bad, superficial, navel-gazing (The list goes on) drama. You could have taken away anything involving Miuna and I would have been none the wiser. And what worse, she didn't come to the conclusion at the end of the episode by herself.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:13   Link #2627
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And if that means she never has the play a part in the plot again then pop the champagne!
Just like Kaname, Tsumugu and Sayu, the anonymous boy who confessed to Miuna, etc ....

Screw it, you're not making sense there.

Quote:

But irregardless, I'm referring to the events that transpired in episode 20 and those events were bad, superficial, navel-gazing (The list goes on) drama. You could have taken away anything involving Miuna and I would have been none the wiser. And what worse, she didn't come to the conclusion at the end of the episode by herself.
Chisaki took 5 years to re-realize he is in love with Hikari though.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:22   Link #2628
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Just like Kaname, Tsumugu and Sayu....

Screw it, you're not making sense there.
I was more referring to the fact that you said "Miuna's realized things were hopeless" which would technically mean that we wouldn't have to worry about Miuna's feelings ever again. No hope means no point.

Quote:
Chisaki took 5 years to re-realize he is love with Hikari though.
And when she did realize it, she realized it by herself.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-02-22 at 14:34.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:45   Link #2629
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And when she did realize it, she realized it by herself.
Then give her time as well .

EDIT:
Spoiler for fun space:
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 14:56   Link #2630
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
after read many comment here my impression

the time skip on this series was one of the worst time skip done i see in anime, basically a term of narration development/moving not changed, the time skip was just a plot device, to place muina and her friend more inside the drama.

chisaki confessed and get rejected before time skip and not changed, frozen in time

tusgumu was just watching her from behind without doind anything, another frozen in time

miuna just grow enough to somehow develop a half-assed strong unrequeted love for hikari now, before time skip she never looked like really in love with him to the point of when he awake she suddenly now is deep in love with him to the point of even deep inside wish manaka never awake(that was poor write)

miuna friend(i forget her name) had a better development lead to her crush to kaname than miuna( actually we see hints of it and even her showing some jealous before time skip).

basically the only thing this time skip did was somehow make chisaki and tsugumu probably ending as a couple since them not fit anymore inside the friend circle and bring more pointless drama (unrequeted love) to something who already enough messed.

and only finally makana awakes is who the things finally gonna develop, this means we get something like 7 to 8 episodes of pointless drama only to show who almost nothing changed after what happened.

we had peoples mopping here and there moving to random pointless directions(or walking in circles) just waiting the team be complete again for finally stop to walk in circles.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 15:31   Link #2631
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Actually I don't think Chisaki is frozen in time at all and this episode proved my thoughts with the last episode. People seemed to think because Chisaki said she still had feelings for Hikari she was stuck on him and did not grow. But the opposite is true.

Just because Chisaki realizes Hikari is out of her reach does not mean she suddenly has to throw her feelings away for him. However while Chisaki still may have feelings for Hikari, it is clear to me she has moved past those feelings.

Actually I would argue that Miuna right now is very similar to Pre-Time skip Chisaki. Like I said in the previous episode when Chisaki was looking at Miuna she saw past self. If this was Chisaki pre-time skip I could actually see her being in Miuna's position questioning whether she wants Manaka to wake up despite caring about her. If you recall Chisaki often had conflicting feelings for Manaka as well, she cared deeply for Manaka as her best friend, but she was also jealous of Manaka.

Now while Miuna is not best friends with Manaka, I also think she cares about the girl who saved Akari and the girl that Hikari loves. Interestingly enough Miuna also mentions that what she seems to love most about Hikari is something he gets out of his love for Manaka. This is the same thing that Chisaki has said previously.

Also I don't really see how Miuna's love for Hikari came out of nowhere when people were definitely shipping them on this very thread pre-time skip. That being said I am more convinced than ever that Hikari will wind up with Manaka because of the Miuna/Chisaki parallels that I see.

I think people are stuck on the fact that "things haven't changed" based on what the characters are saying but are actually missing the context clues. Yes some things have stayed the same (Hikari's love for Manaka) but things are definitely moving forward despite some of the characters not wanting to change. Change is actually a important theme to this story and it has been all along.\

edit: And another parallel between Chisaki/Miuna is Tsumugu understanding the girl who loves Hikari.

Although of course Tsumugu and Miuna have a bunch of their own parallels.
__________________

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2014-02-22 at 15:48.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 16:03   Link #2632
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Just because Chisaki realizes Hikari is out of her reach does not mean she suddenly has to throw her feelings away for him. However while Chisaki still may have feelings for Hikari, it is clear to me she has moved past those feelings.
I don't think so. In fact, considering how jealous of Manaka she looks in the preview, I'd say she hasn't moved on at all. She's stuck.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 16:13   Link #2633
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think so. In fact, considering how jealous of Manaka she looks in the preview, I'd say she hasn't moved on at all. She's stuck.
I am glad you can get that all from a preview which can be taken completely out of context.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 16:24   Link #2634
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Actually I don't think Chisaki is frozen in time at all and this episode proved my thoughts with the last episode. People seemed to think because Chisaki said she still had feelings for Hikari she was stuck on him and did not grow. But the opposite is true.

Just because Chisaki realizes Hikari is out of her reach does not mean she suddenly has to throw her feelings away for him. However while Chisaki still may have feelings for Hikari, it is clear to me she has moved past those feelings.

Actually I would argue that Miuna right now is very similar to Pre-Time skip Chisaki. Like I said in the previous episode when Chisaki was looking at Miuna she saw past self. If this was Chisaki pre-time skip I could actually see her being in Miuna's position questioning whether she wants Manaka to wake up despite caring about her. If you recall Chisaki often had conflicting feelings for Manaka as well, she cared deeply for Manaka as her best friend, but she was also jealous of Manaka.

Now while Miuna is not best friends with Manaka, I also think she cares about the girl who saved Akari and the girl that Hikari loves. Interestingly enough Miuna also mentions that what she seems to love most about Hikari is something he gets out of his love for Manaka. This is the same thing that Chisaki has said previously.

Also I don't really see how Miuna's love for Hikari came out of nowhere when people were definitely shipping them on this very thread pre-time skip. That being said I am more convinced than ever that Hikari will wind up with Manaka because of the Miuna/Chisaki parallels that I see.

I think people are stuck on the fact that "things haven't changed" based on what the characters are saying but are actually missing the context clues. Yes some things have stayed the same (Hikari's love for Manaka) but things are definitely moving forward despite some of the characters not wanting to change. Change is actually a important theme to this story and it has been all along.\

edit: And another parallel between Chisaki/Miuna is Tsumugu understanding the girl who loves Hikari.

Although of course Tsumugu and Miuna have a bunch of their own parallels.
if i'm not wrong in the episode she realized her feelings toward hikari still inside(chisaki) we see her acting all children again like how she was when was at their age, chisaki grow outside(physically) but her mentally still trapped in her 14years, she not moved yet, like tsugume told neither him or chisaki moved their get stuck in time waiting everyone is back for the can finally move.

man in the beginner most of the shippers with miuna was the famous "loli shipper" just because hikari saved miuna or helped her over come her problem peoples started to ship her with hikari, but really inside the anime if you could remember, never was true foreshadowed who she is true developing feelings toward hikari or who she even have enough time to develop a feeling strong enough to survive for this 5 years, unlike her friend where we get clues showing her display feelings toward kanami.

indeed i was thinking about this anime being about "changes and accepting changes"(but still can be) but until now we see only peoples whining cuz their dont want to change, because most of then feel betrayed for this time skip and now their are whining to avoid changes, even if the changes are knocking their doors, even tsugumu who looked the more "mature" in the end also was another stucked in time because even acting more "mature" he still somehow children and dont know what to do or have corage to do something to change.

like i told we have a big "PLEASE WAIT" serie where everyone is waiting for the other person to do the first step because he/she is afraid to be the first one to do.

we are something like that:
tsugumu=kanami --- are waiting for chisaki move on who is waiting for hikari to move who is waiting for manaka

miuna is waiting for hikari who is waiting for manaka
miuna friend waiting for kanami who is waiting for chisaki

none really is try to do anything than "wait" for someone do anything.

cuz in the end the person who gonna ending does the first step probably will be manaka.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 16:31   Link #2635
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
^ I know quite a few people who shipped Miuna/Hikari who were no loicon shippers on this thread. And no I don't think Miuna/Hikari came out of nowhere. It came in the same place Sayu/Kaname did. Hikari was kind to Miuna when she was a child, and she developed feelings for him.

As for Chisaki still acting like a child again I disagree. I don't think Chisaki is mentally a child. The issue is she isn't an adult and doesn't have to be. She is 19 and doesn't have to be completely mature or have all the answers. It is healthy for Chisaki to realize that.

If Chisaki is stuck it is because all her friends who she grew up with have came back and they are the same but she is not. It's not that Chisaki wants to remain a child, it's just that she doesn't want to lose what she had with the other three. And I also don't think feeling bad or even a bit jealous about this is "childish".
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 17:01   Link #2636
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
But that's the problem. I (And several others) believe Miuna's become the main character through questionable means (And I've said what they are, so I don't feel like writing it all over again). And as has been said by others, her drama is superficial at best. Which is why I think it lacks pathos.
I understand your complaint, but after six episodes you should have accepted she's the new heroine and moved on. It doesn't matter how she reached that status, she's there and she isn't going anywhere. I'm not saying you have to like her, but seeing the same complaints raised every week Miuna gets a lot of screentime is getting tiresome (I'm not talking about you in particular). And I think it's quite disrespectful if not insulting for the writers and her fans to claim she's only there to increase sales with her pretty face, as some have done. She's a perfectly legitimate character and she fits the themes of the show.

As for her drama being superficial, I don't see how it's any different for the rest of the characters. The majority of them are dealing with unrequited love just like she is. It's pretty much what the whole show is about now. It's annoying me quite a bit as my favorite part of the first cour were the ones that had nothing to do with romance but there's nothing we can do about it except hope for the best for the remaining episodes.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 17:02   Link #2637
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
^ I know quite a few people who shipped Miuna/Hikari who were no loicon shippers on this thread. And no I don't think Miuna/Hikari came out of nowhere. It came in the same place Sayu/Kaname did. Hikari was kind to Miuna when she was a child, and she developed feelings for him.
i'm not saying who everyone shipped her was lolicon but, was more because their are 2 childrens and looked good together rater than any real clue of her develop feelings for hikari, like i told we see sayu(thanks for remember the name) showing clear signals of jealous toward kanami, or even want be more with him, wee him pat her head and she blushing and somehow smile and things like that, while in miuna we barelly see that things happen.
Quote:
As for Chisaki still acting like a child again I disagree. I don't think Chisaki is mentally a child. The issue is she isn't an adult and doesn't have to be. She is 19 and doesn't have to be completely mature or have all the answers. It is healthy for Chisaki to realize that.

If Chisaki is stuck it is because all her friends who she grew up with have came back and they are the same but she is not. It's not that Chisaki wants to remain a child, it's just that she doesn't want to lose what she had with the other three. And I also don't think feeling bad or even a bit jealous about this is "childish".

again in the same episode we see her trying her old cloth, her acting a few childish, ok let's me be more clear, chisaki grow but a big part of her still not grow and that part start to reappear again like tsugumu told(we must take in consideration what the characters talk not just our own visions), tsugumu clear see who chisaki still stuck as himself still stuck because of her, she grow but now she still whining to accept who she grow(like when she was a children and not wanted to change) she just repeating again since all her friends are back and still "childrens" and her no, she must overcome this part of her who now is willing to accept who she grown and no more part of her group.(i'm not saying who their no more her friends but she no more a children like then).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 20:47   Link #2638
Raine721
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chisaki is just wishy washy between her 14 year old stage and being 19 years old (trying on old clothes vs. getting drunk) for now because her group of friends are all still 14 while she is now an adult. I think she's just confused :/
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 19:16   Link #2639
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I dropped this show around episode 6 or 7 because it was becoming the same usual P.A. Works crap I've seen these past 2 years post Angels Beats and Iroha. I noticed that this is a full season show and was wondering if it has gotten better now than it was on the beginning of the show.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 19:51   Link #2640
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Anyone notice that the awakening of the sea kids is somehow related to Miuna wanting them to return? Especially when this episode when Manaka wakes up because Miuna accepts that she should wake up?
I'm kind of surprised that no one else has really seemed to mention this. I wasn't thinking it was specifically Miuna, but I suppose she did want Kaname back too, as part of wanting to reconcile with Saya.

I just think it's odd that Manaka seemed to wait until the moment when Miuna worked through how she felt about the situation, and came to a decision, bringing everyone's feelings about Manaka more or less into sync.
ThereminVox is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.