AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-16, 17:46   Link #1
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

Question Only local hosts? linksys router?

not sure what i'm doing wrong. but using the ABC client, it's always "yellow" (i.e. only local ports can be accessed). max connection speed is about 3k. sometimes i see it spike to maybe 7k. but that only lasts for a min. or 2. i disabled ZA firewall. no effect. i reset my router, no effect. i (think anyway) opened my TCP ports 6881-6999 and still only local. it's a Linksys router. it can't be the ZA firewall. not sure if anything in XP is fussing w/ the connection but i haven't turned on anything in the network connection (conversely i didn't turn anything off either, just left as is).

What i did in router settings:
Linksys router "homepage" > Advanced > Fowarding > Custom Appl. (entered) Ext. Port (6881-6999) Protocal TCP (checked) IP address (entered) Enabled (checked)

What i did in ZA firewall settings:
Firewall > Main > Internet Zone Security > Custom > Allow Incoming TCP Port (6881-6999)

1 torrent in the beginning was going great last week when i first installed the client on a fresh setup (clean XP). all green lights are go. in fact, i was surprised to find a large batch torrent (1GB+) was already done overnight but afterwards, it's all slowed to a crawl, even a reasonably popular series like FMAlchemist (eps#11) or Naruto (eps#61) was only getting 3-5k.

ADSL connection via SBC. u/l set @ 10k (any more and it'll drastically affect d/l speed)

stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 20:26   Link #2
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
What i did in router settings:
Linksys router "homepage" > Advanced > Fowarding > Custom Appl. (entered) Ext. Port (6881-6999) Protocal TCP (checked) IP address (entered) Enabled (checked)
It seems like you've done everything correctly. The only question that I have is what IP address did you enter above (in your LinkSys router settings)? Does it look like 192.168.1.___ ? If it does not, then I am sure that you entered the wrong IP address.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 22:57   Link #3
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

yep, i checked my IP w/ ipconfig and set it to the listed IP address accordingly.

stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 03:07   Link #4
hkwonton

I use the experimental BT 3.2.1 and a Linksys router and have no problem.

I set up my Linksys Router like this:
Linksys router "homepage" > Advanced > Fowarding > Port Triggering > (Typing in the BT ports here)

I also run zone alarm pro and use cable and have no problems connecting to outside peers.
hkwonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 04:33   Link #5
Rama
seen Beautiful Life yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
yep, i checked my IP w/ ipconfig and set it to the listed IP address accordingly.

Maybe you get a dynamic IP from your router. Check it again, if it differs you
need to assign an IP yourself and set the router to forward it.
Rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 14:32   Link #6
Zulfi

turn off the xp built in "internet connection firewall". see if that helps. it may be on so just check.
Zulfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-21, 04:10   Link #7
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

XP firewall was never on. static IP from router.

hmm...i think the problem was that when i entered "Ext. Port" settings it only allows it for 1 IP address on the router. I have 4 computers linked to the same router so only 1 was able to be used for the BT ports. when i resetted the router, it cleared all the entries in the fields and i regained access to the remote hosts on the computer i was currently using.

quick experiment of enabling the other IP's settings confirmed that only 1 IP can use the port settings at a time.

i'll try hkwonton's settings and hopefully it'll allow me to access the remote hosts from ANY computer linked to this router.
Old 2003-12-22, 05:23   Link #8
xdeath5

Send a message via AIM to xdeath5
I am having a similar problem. I'm not using XP, but I do have a linksys router. I can't do anything to fix the router because I can't access it. When I try to go to 192.168.1.1 it asks me for username and password (which I thought was blank;admin) but I can't even log in. Anyone have a solution to this?
xdeath5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 08:18   Link #9
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

both username/password, assuming you didn't change it, is admin.

otherwise, reset your router and type in admin/admin for user/pass. should work.
Old 2003-12-22, 19:47   Link #10
xdeath5

Send a message via AIM to xdeath5
Reset router, entered address, doesn't even ask for user/pass, I'm in! (Super excitement building up) Going to configure according to recent posts. Hope this works.
xdeath5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-26, 04:10   Link #11
oniyume
Inactive Member

I'm having the same problem

Linksys WRT54G.. ports are fowarded yet I can't seem to get any remote connections in Bittorrent. Anyone solve this little mishap yet? I'm getting really tired =\
Ohh.. FYI.. it -used- to work perfectly fine.. I have no idea what happened. =(
oniyume is offline   Reply With Quote