AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-04-09, 14:41   Link #4881
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Is that strange? Many teams we have seen so far have one or two persons in their team to gain the point while other players' main job is to protect/carry the point.
Joke aside, with the performance of first 3 players in the line up, I wouldn't say Usuzan points are well protected. I would naturally feel extremely tense right now if I'm part of Yuan's teammates.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 15:55   Link #4882
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
To be fair Hiroko was right in saying that Chikako had put on some work. Her point loss was well within reason (less than 10000 points). It's mainly the vanguard and lieutenant that seem to have no clue what's going on. (I mean, after having played so many games even if you're not good you at least get an idea of how to play defensive mahjong. It's not terribly difficult when you're just playing not to lose. (I'm not saying it's easy, but it should not be leading to you losing every freaking hand)).
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 15:56   Link #4883
Ura-dora
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Joke aside, with the performance of first 3 players in the line up, I wouldn't say Usuzan points are well protected. I would naturally feel extremely tense right now if I'm part of Yuan's teammates.
That's the point though, they aren't tense and they seem to not care too much. Its as if their mediocre performance is accepted. The first three players are extremely confident that their VC and Captain will advance them to the finals.

The VC and Captain are also confident that they can make up the point difference.
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 21:31   Link #4884
Mahjong Dolphin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Send a message via Skype™ to Mahjong Dolphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
That's the point though, they aren't tense and they seem to not care too much. Its as if their mediocre performance is accepted. The first three players are extremely confident that their VC and Captain will advance them to the finals.

The VC and Captain are also confident that they can make up the point difference.
Hmm I took it as though Usuzan peeps may practice a lifestyle of faith where they believe everything will turn out exactly as plan whether they lose or win. lol

Chikako said earlier in some chapter that everytime she called Richi, Sawaya would win off of her... wonder if that will affect Nodoka's playing style...

Also regarding the Lion, it is usually the symbolize of Christ/Jesus. I wonder if some amazing healing will come from this match for Saki to become even more determine to bloom in the finals on the mountain lol....

Also a bit off note but Megan's voice... the only other accent I heard similar to that was Bee from Naruto (the rapper)... :S do people really have that kind of accent? or is it an anime thing? lol
Mahjong Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 22:06   Link #4885
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjong Dolphin View Post
Also a bit off note but Megan's voice... the only other accent I heard similar to that was Bee from Naruto (the rapper)... :S do people really have that kind of accent? or is it an anime thing? lol
Ironically, Megan DIDN'T have the accent when we first see her at the start of the season (she spoke softly, but still normal and unaccented Japanese instead). It's as if Chiaki Omigawa decided that Megan needed that extra bit to reinforce she's a foreigner. ^^;
__________________
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 18:45   Link #4886
kantou
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I'm disappointed I thought yuan would do something but she really very very weak....
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 23:16   Link #4887
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
I'm disappointed I thought yuan would do something but she really very very weak....
That or her opponents are very very strong.

At least the match is more interesting as a whole. Just think of Yuan as part of Hisa's bad wait instead of an actual player.

Besides the match is still half way from over so it's a little too early to say, but Yuan is really cornered at the moment so she definitely has to do something in the next chapter or two. Actually this pattern is quite similar for when people were getting impatient with Saki or Kuro hadn't done anything of note in their respective matches. Perhaps Yuan will do something near the end like those two.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 05:53   Link #4888
Serperior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Spoilers are out for the next chapter!

Spoiler for Yuan is screwed. Monster mode Choe is here.:
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 06:49   Link #4889
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Spoilers are out for the next chapter!

Spoiler for Yuan is screwed. Monster mode Choe is here.:
Oh so she really did it.

Spoiler for Latest chapter:
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 07:04   Link #4890
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Oh so she really did it.

Spoiler for Latest chapter:
Spoiler for Reply:
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:08   Link #4891
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
As Jim Ross would say

BAH GAWD!!!!

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:13   Link #4892
Serperior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
AHAHAHAHAHA! A new spoiler just came out! Oh my god. I can't stop laughing

Spoiler for This is looking VERY horrible.:

Last edited by Serperior; 2014-04-16 at 09:46.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:19   Link #4893
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
wow.... that's one downhill match >_> and Nelly will terrorize the captain match too. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully it won't take a year or 2 before its finish.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:46   Link #4894
Serperior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Well, this is embarrassing. Disregard my previous spoiler. It's apparently a fake one(?)

I have no idea if it's a real or fake spoiler but I do know one thing is that Ritz is taking a break again.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:46   Link #4895
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
It seems Ritz takes a break again..

Next chapter: 23 May
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:51   Link #4896
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
H-Hisa, you might want to reconsider your strategy.

Hisa, please, if you have a plan, now's the time.

HISA!!!

Yuan, you are one step away from taking Kana's place. How can you fail this hard!?

Nodoka must be fuming in the team's room, and Iwouldn't blame her, this is nervewrecking.

P.S: I've said this before, but damn, Choe is one pretty lady.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:51   Link #4897
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Let me guess, the Baidu boards? People there are hypothesizing what happens if a yakuman occurs, that's all.

Okay, it's not a yakuman.

Spoiler for image:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 13:28   Link #4898
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
It seems Ritz takes a break again..

Next chapter: 23 May


Rassa frassin.....

Well, if she needs it she needs it, I guess.

I wonder if we will be able to see a bit more about the wind goddess soon - I mean in terms of background material?
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 14:27   Link #4899
King-Slayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
H-Hisa, you might want to reconsider your strategy.

Hisa, please, if you have a plan, now's the time.

HISA!!!

Yuan, you are one step away from taking Kana's place. How can you fail this hard!?

Nodoka must be fuming in the team's room, and Iwouldn't blame her, this is nervewrecking.

P.S: I've said this before, but damn, Choe is one pretty lady.
Nah she's still a few shots away from second place so her plan is still in effect . And I agree with you about Yuan and Choe.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 14:39   Link #4900
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Nah she's still a few shots away from second place so her plan is still in effect . And I agree with you about Yuan and Choe.
Yuan is only one good hand away from getting busted, and both Hiroe and Choe should be perfectly capable of pulling that out and it's on their benefit. Hisa is playing with fire.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.