AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Mai HiME's Fumi an android?
Yes, she is an android. 7 13.46%
No, she is a human. 37 71.15%
Who knows? 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-23, 11:17   Link #21
PastPrime

I don't know how anyone could come up with the idea that Fumi was an android. I never saw one scene that would even hint at that to me. And, since the ability to control higher order matter was part of the HiME's DNA makeup, if Fumi was an android, she would have to be a bio android. And, if someone could make a totally artificial person that was a true HiME why would SEARRS bother trying to make a fake HiME? I'm sure that their science was on the leading edge. If someone else could do it then they could too. Why bother reverse engineering Natsuki's DNA to create a fake HiME when you could start from scratch and create a real one?

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-03-23, 14:11   Link #22
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Why bother reverse engineering Natsuki's DNA to create a fake HiME when you could start from scratch and create a real one?
Is this some manga plotline

I already explained why I thought Fumi was an android in the OP. If you disagree, cool. At least a few other people made the same mistake, so I don't feel that wierd
Old 2006-03-23, 14:40   Link #23
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Is this some manga plotline

I already explained why I thought Fumi was an android in the OP. If you disagree, cool. At least a few other people made the same mistake, so I don't feel that wierd
I have never read the Manga. But how exactly do you think they created Alyssa in the Anime. They didn't come up with her out of thin air. After they failed to get Natsuki they used her mother's research, which was all information on Natsuki, to try and create a fake HiME. While they had a lot of failures, they finally created Alyssa. Which means they reverse engineered Natsuki to create Alyssa. And if someone, years earlier, had created a true HiME from scratch, why would they bother.

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
Old 2006-03-23, 17:15   Link #24
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

The timeline for that theory does not mesh up, close but not quite. Alysa is not THAT much younger than Natsuki. Given that Natsuki was 8-9 at the time of her mother's death and the fact that Alysa is 6-7 at the begining of the series.

But anyway, Fumi being an android is one of those things that you need to aply Occam's Razor to. She does not NEED to be an android to explain anything she does. (Nothing in her actions invalidates the assumption the she's a HiME) Therefore, it is highly unlikely that she's an android.

SERGE
Old 2006-03-23, 20:14   Link #25
BigPrime

For a long time while I was watching HiME I wondered about Fumi, whether she was human or not. She does seem very inhuman at times, both in actions and in mannerisms. However, her revelation as one of the final HiME late in the show pretty much seals the deal, she's human. It's just a shame her two battles were never fully shown, she seems like a capable fighter with one of the more impressive and interesting Childs.
Old 2006-03-23, 22:49   Link #26
PwrSerge
It's good to be evil...

Forget her CHILD, I want to see her powne someone with the Giganto Scythe of DEATH! (TM) I mean seriously, she'd be the scariest HiME ever.

Stage 1 == Harmless looking maid.

Stage 2 == Grim REAPER!

SERGE
Closed Thread