AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 02:29   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
How to remove vocals from music?

So can anyone tell me of a way to get rid of vocals on music files? I tried the latest version audacity but it couldn't remove the vocals and it only support center panned vocals.
Old 2014-04-19, 02:41   Link #2
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Do not have an answer directly, but perhaps another app may be of help? The freeware app Reaper may be able to help. It has a pretty thorough how to manual as well.

http://www.reaper.fm/
Old 2014-04-19, 12:41   Link #3
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Due to the way vocals are recorded in a studio, "removing" them is a tricky process. The easiest way is to split the stereo track into 2 separates instead of one whole, and then invert the bottom track. Swap the track now to Mono, and you'll be getting as close as you initially can.

From that point, you can basically mix Noise Removal alongside detail work in Audition to finetune it as best as you can. Even this method will leave tiny bits of reverb from how prominent the original recorded voice was.
Old 2014-04-19, 16:35   Link #4
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I know I cannot remove the vocals entirely but I cannot find an instrumental version of this song. It appears to be from a private company so there isn't any instrumental songs and I cannot entirely remove the voices at all.
Old 2014-04-22, 07:45   Link #5
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

What format is the song in? It needs to be as close as possible to the source. For example MP3 encoding will make the afore-mentioned inversion technique ineffective. And that's what all vocal removal is based on.

Could also be that the song is recorded in a way that makes it impossible.
Old 2014-04-22, 17:03   Link #6
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I actually ripped it from a CD and encoded in Mp3 format but now I think I need the CD to make the vocalless songs.
Old 2014-04-22, 19:52   Link #7
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Depending on the quality of the removal that you need, the easiest way is to download Wavosaur.

1. Open the file in Wavosaur
2. Click on Process -> Vocal Remover

This does not completely remove all vocals. The background vocals will still remain, and there may be some remnants of the main track as well.
Old 2014-04-23, 01:28   Link #8
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I kind of want to use to low vocals while keeping the song.
Old 2014-04-23, 07:49   Link #9
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
You never want to use a program's built in vocal recorder filter. It distorts the entire waveform and you'll get an irritating result that's never satisfactory. Always always always separate tracks manually. Once you've fine-tuned it, noise removal filters with multiple tiny noise profile passes will compress it to where you want it.