AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-03-27, 14:34   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
The unofficial PSP thread

Seems like we don't have a thread dedicated just for the psp. So let's have at it

First off, what you guys think of homebrewing? Anyone even try it out? It sounds pretty much in major developmental form as of now. Also, I'm planning on buying Daxter and Syphon Filter for the psp; anyone can give recommendation on those games
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 17:28   Link #2
Tone
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Homebrew is alright, i havent tried it in a while, it may be a ton better, but it wasnt all that great in its first stages. Its kinda annoying though, since you have to have loaders and stuff for certain homebrew and firmware updates keep stopping it from working.

I cant reccomend either games, I dont know anything about them.
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 22:24   Link #3
shikamarufoo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Homebrew now is pretty good...but yay it wasn't that good in it's first stages. Homebrew games like the PSP Revolution and Sudoku can keep you on the psp for hours. I don't know about the games you listed but can anyone recommend mgs acid 1 and 2? I really like the MGS series and am very patient.
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 22:37   Link #4
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamarufoo
Homebrew now is pretty good...but yay it wasn't that good in it's first stages. Homebrew games like the PSP Revolution and Sudoku can keep you on the psp for hours. I don't know about the games you listed but can anyone recommend mgs acid 1 and 2? I really like the MGS series and am very patient.

As for metalgear acid; I know it's not like regular metal gears, because it is based on a card system where everytime you fight or play the game, you have to utilize cards you find/get durring your adventure. Sounds boring for a MG game, but I heard it's alot of fun and kinda addictive. You should try the first one, and if you like it you should buy the second because it has cell-shaded graphics, and alot of other extras.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 08:41   Link #5
1.0.7.
real folk blues..
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
i'm not a spendthrift, so my way of dealing it is this:
get sports games and fighting games.. they last you longer
i take my psp on bus rides and for when i'm bored, so having world soccer winning eleven 9 is really handy, so does street fighter alpha max
__________________
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 10:25   Link #6
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
i'm not a spendthrift, so my way of dealing it is this:
get sports games and fighting games.. they last you longer
i take my psp on bus rides and for when i'm bored, so having world soccer winning eleven 9 is really handy, so does street fighter alpha max
I have street fighter alpha 3 max, and it's great and all, but I'm really hoping capcom will release a marvel vs capcom or streetfighter vs xmen game with online (infrastructure) mode. That would really make me ooze with joy
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 11:07   Link #7
1.0.7.
real folk blues..
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I have street fighter alpha 3 max, and it's great and all, but I'm really hoping capcom will release a marvel vs capcom or streetfighter vs xmen game with online (infrastructure) mode. That would really make me ooze with joy
haha..i really don't know much about these things
usually i go for gamespot ratings, if it appeals to me, then i buy it..
there's nothing worse than being disappointed with a game you're looking forward to..ESPECIALLY when you've paid a considerable amount of money for it
__________________
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 15:49   Link #8
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 30
Super Robot Wars MX Portable = Best purchase ever!

The only real homebrew games I've played so far are Zoo Keeper and Beats of Rage which are top great homebrew IMO.
I had a chance to try Daxter and I personally love that game...thinking of buying it used later on. DBZ Shin Bodukai is a fun little fighter, although I am not really fond of DBZ anymore.
__________________
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 17:12   Link #9
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I've no homebrew at all on my PSP ^^'
It's always the latest firmware, directly updated over wifi.

My PSP-1000CKW (Ceremic White) has no warranty outside Japan, so I'm already very careful with it. Messing around with the firmware, isoloaders and homebrew is a big nono for me. A trip back to Tokyo to fix it would be rather expensive

As for games ... I'm really excited to get Naruto for PSP (Mugenjo no maki) within the next few days ^^ (Silly me pre-ordered it back in January )
Except that one, I usually play Bleach Heat the Soul 2 or Midnight Club DUB Edition.
__________________

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 18:56   Link #10
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Seems like http://thepspimp.com/ is a good place to find some sweet wallpapers for your psp. Here is one of my favs from that site:

__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 19:29   Link #11
1.0.7.
real folk blues..
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
I've no homebrew at all on my PSP ^^'
It's always the latest firmware, directly updated over wifi.

My PSP-1000CKW (Ceremic White) has no warranty outside Japan, so I'm already very careful with it. Messing around with the firmware, isoloaders and homebrew is a big nono for me. A trip back to Tokyo to fix it would be rather expensive

As for games ... I'm really excited to get Naruto for PSP (Mugenjo no maki) within the next few days ^^ (Silly me pre-ordered it back in January )
Except that one, I usually play Bleach Heat the Soul 2 or Midnight Club DUB Edition.
mine is the ceramic white as well.. sexy as hell.. and i tried going around for isos, firmware and homebrew.. too complicated for my liking, not worth it having to downgrade your firmware and stuff..
what's a good strategy game for the psp?
__________________
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 06:48   Link #12
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
よし!
521770 - USD 54.90 (~45.17 EUR) - Sunday, 08th January, 2006 - Now Shipping
1 Naruto Narutimate Portable ~ Mugenjo no Maki (For Sony PSP™ / Asia)

Someone is gonna play Naruto very soon
__________________

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 18:22   Link #13
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 30
Interesting gameplay for Naruto, kinda reminds me of Bleach for the DS. Played a bit and the button settings are kinda weird tho. Actually only played the first level in story mode where I faced Sakura and on vs com mode.
__________________
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 19:44   Link #14
Spectral
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I like my PSP it's cool I store some music on it and I spend a lot of time surfing the web on it, the games I have consist of GTA Liberty City Stories, POP Revelations, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 which is pretty good for the PSP. I plan on getting Narutimate Portable someday it looks like fun. Hey don't mean to ask but does anyone have anime on their PSP? Been trying to get something on there.
Spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:49   Link #15
Alpha123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral
Hey don't mean to ask but does anyone have anime on their PSP? Been trying to get something on there.
Yah, I've filled that little 1GB card to the brim with anime . If you need a walkthrough on how to get movies onto your PSP, I found this site here to be very helpful. That walkthorough should be pretty easy for you to understand if you just make sure your doing stuff step by step. Make sure you have a proper USB cable on hand though.

Last edited by Alpha123; 2006-04-04 at 23:10.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 05:17   Link #16
1.0.7.
real folk blues..
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
for some reason, i can't play downloaded google videos on my psp..i'm so annoyed by that..
any tips?
__________________
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 05:44   Link #17
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Did you read the faq on "how to download google video for psp" ? google faq on psp
I could try it myself, if i can find my psp...
nope, looks like its buried itself somewhere.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 14:31   Link #18
Spectral
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha123
Yah, I've filled that little 1GB card to the brim with anime . If you need a walkthrough on how to get movies onto your PSP, I found this site here to be very helpful. That walkthorough should be pretty easy for you to understand if you just make sure your doing stuff step by step. Make sure you have a proper USB cable on hand though.
lucky you, I have a crap computer so I can't download anime onto it or it would run like an old lady with no legs. I've been trying to get Eureka Seven on it for awhile but nothing is going to good.

So anyone try out Tales of Eternia/Tales of Destiny 2? I liked the one on PS1 but wanted to know if there were any edits to it that would make it a bad game.
Spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 15:53   Link #19
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 30
Tales of Eternia is supposively an exact port from PSone with the exception of having extra dungeons I think.
__________________
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 01:52   Link #20
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
RPGS.... are there any good ones on the psp at all? I really want to play a nice rpg on my psp, but I don't like my options. Does anyone know if there are plans from developers to bring any good rpg to the psp in the near future?
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.