AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-04-23, 13:10   Link #381
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

I guess this could go here. LogHora TRPG Adventure Counter (JP).

Allows character creation, probably also allows players to interact as well. Folks who are better at Nihongo, please correct me if I'm wrong =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 03:49   Link #382
Nagrom
Strategic Dungeon Master

I need information on effects and descriptions of abilities and spells for all classes. Anybody got anything. Any spell information is needed, doesn't have to be how much damage or debuff % , I will take anything, even a basic description of what the spell/skill/ability does is fine.

Anybody got any resources they can share?

Just to note. this info will be going towards making an adaptation of Log Horizon in Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop game). Just figuring out stats and stuff, any help is appreciated.
Nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 06:39   Link #383
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

I doubt there are any complex information for you out there.

Mamare is just a novelist after all.
Old 2014-04-26, 10:16   Link #384
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom View Post
I need information on effects and descriptions of abilities and spells for all classes. Anybody got anything. Any spell information is needed, doesn't have to be how much damage or debuff % , I will take anything, even a basic description of what the spell/skill/ability does is fine.

Just to note. this info will be going towards making an adaptation of Log Horizon in Dungeons and Dragons (tabletop game). Just figuring out stats and stuff, any help is appreciated.
Pray hard and hope that someone, or a group of someones, would translate the newly released LogHora TRPG rulebook. That's your best bet, imho.

If not, there's the English wiki: http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Main_Page. It's far from completion but you will find that most of the skillsets have been translated =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-04-26, 21:44   Link #385
Nagrom
Strategic Dungeon Master

Thanks, this saves me so much work
Nagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 20:29   Link #386
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom View Post

Yukamichi has some thing translated right now, but not all of it. http://pastebin.com/u/yukamichi

I'm currently working on a list of subclasses based on some of the ones given to me by a generous Japanese speaker (who despite his claims is also pretty good at English) as well as the descriptions on Mamare's docs.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:32   Link #387
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Something have been bugging me about the character stats. Just what exactly is POWer?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:52   Link #388
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Something have been bugging me about the character stats. Just what exactly is POWer?
Physical strength, perhaps?
Old 2014-04-27, 23:29   Link #389
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

Hmm, no, that would be STRength in this case. POWer, given as 精神力 in Japanese, should be equivalent to Wisdom (+Willpower + Perception). The description given at lhrpg.com goes:
Quote:
意思の強さや感覚の鋭さなど、精神的な能力を表わします。
Roughly translated (correct me if I'm wrong), it goes: "Strength of the will and sharpness of the senses, etc, representing the capacity/capabilities of the psyche."

If it helps, Elves, Dwarves and Foxtails, all which are said to have higher mental resistances, are also the only races with a point in POW for their racial bonuses. It's worth noting that each race is given a total of two points for their racial bonuses, and except for the Wolfhair (2 STR) and Ritualists (2 INT), each race is allowed only 1 point in any attribute.

(In case anyone is interested, Humans are the only race that can choose which attributes to get for their racial bonuses; everyone else are given a fixed set. Of course, the aforementioned limit still applies.)

Also, the Healer classes have a higher POW class bonus vs INT, while the Magic DPS have higher base INT vs POW . The ratio is generally 4:3 except for the Medium (4 POW : 2 INT) and the Enchanter (2 POW : 4 INT).

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-04-27 at 23:51.
Old 2014-06-04, 05:41   Link #390
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Xylon

I guess I can post this up for viewing. I am looking for comments and thoughts on the design and possibilities on improving my Log Horizon OC,
but please be more specific than "It's BAD" "It sux" "It's ok" "Looks Great!" kind of responses in the replies.
While I still need to fine tune afew things and waiting for more details or clues on the new class and sub-class skills.
So for now I'll go from assumptions and crazy run a away fan “logic”.

Spoiler for The Hunting Party:

Server: Oceania
Name: Xylon
Race: Human (Thinking about Wolfhair)
Class: Tribal (Was told it was a re-skinned Bard so basing off there stats)
Role: Offensive Vanguard/Ranged Reargaurd
HP: Low
MP: High
Subclass/lvl: Fortune teller 90+
Guild: None, recently retired from active guild

Gear

Main Weapon: Ocean lord's crystal tear.
A rare weapon made of living crystal, coral and bone from a legendary sea boss from a water raid encounter.
Encountering the event requires the entire raid party to sail out into the ocean for the chance encounter of a monstrous serpent like monster.

This particular raid was chased into a small groups of sand islands where battle took place

The weapon boast unparalleled piercing abilities and offers per strike a chance for water and wind element attack support.

Range optional weapon(s)

Numerous Boomerangs
A cheap crafted weapon that is sold in bulk in the adventurers market or from crafters.
While not as damaging as the larger scale models adventures can effortless swarm the field with these projectiles without
needing to retrieve the weapons should they fail to return and in greater numbers.

With Xylon's current mastery skill, he can only have 5 boomerangs (airborne) active on the field at once.
Each can return to the user after hitting an opponent or completing its flightpath uninterrupted, however should one break or fail to return.
Xylon suffers a small cool-down or timer affect in the weapon slot or bar, limiting his weapons and attacks by
a factor of 1 until the weapon is replaced/regenerated from his inventory.

Wind-slasher Gigas boomerang
A massively large production class boomerang that is about the same size as a average man.
While it can be used for an improvise shield, due to its size and weight most players find it too much of a burden to use in battle.

It's sole ability is cleave, once launched it becomes a deadly offensive threat to anything in its path

However while airborne it leaves the wielder virtually defenseless until it returns.
Should something happen that effects its flightpath (such as becoming stuck or deflected) the player must physical retrieve it.
And when equipped or in use, the weapon locks out the ability to have multiple boomerangs (projectiles) active on the field

Armor: Spirit-weaved Guardian Shroud.
A unique and rare phantasmal class armor rewarded for
completing an extremely long and difficult quest chain from Spirit creatures native to a small remote location in the Oceania region.

By collecting different items and drops from different rare creatures in a series of random time limited missions.
Then the adventurer gives all the collected items to NPC spirit creatures to craft the armor.
Furthermore it's appearance and effects are depended upon the items collected and how the player interacts with the spirit creatures.

Due to this Xylon's Shroud armour boosts a high magical defense and
dramatically increases resilience to de-buffs, bad status effects and entrapments.
However the shroud offers below average physical defense and can become fragile after too many numerous large physical attacks.
In short it has no physical ability benefits or support for the wearer.

With the Shroud being one of the Phantasmal class and of it's lore origin combined with Xylon's own influence during it's creation,
it has one rare and special trait which houses a spirit within itself.
While it cannot talk or provide support while battling, the spirit acts as an affectionate, playful and cheeky non-combat companion or pet while idle or outside of combat.

When being used as armor, glowing orbs or "pixie lights" randomly appear whenever it pleases,
much to the dismay of Xylon when he is trying to stalk a monster or hide from enemy sight.
However there are circumstances where “Nuka” knows better not too.. but there a too rare of a moment.

As there is no system to officially name the entity, Xylon christened and refers to it as “Nuka”.
“Nuka” is a shape-shifting mass of energy but the three most common forms it takes are
the base armor form.

The animated form where “Nuka” puppets the armor into a horned bird like creature like form.
But it strongly resembles a puppet more than anything.

Spoiler for Puppet:

The spirit guide form where “Nuka” takes on a nearly fully humanoid appearance utilizing the armor pieces for phyical features.

Spoiler for The Terrifying Nuka!:

Extra: Reinforced headband
A common headband strengthened in order to help keep your hair in place and stop bad hair days.
It offers very small physical defence increase but its the only thing that keeps Xylon's hair back in a manageable condition.

Description
: (See spoiler at the top for a image, and yes I did make all the pictures in this post)

Height: 6'2 foot (187cm)
Medium Tanned skin
Hair: Dark Maroon/Purplish coloured wiry hair, Giant Afro without a headband.
Eye colour: Brown

(I actually have a more adequate picture planned that would actually look like some of the official character art, but I couldn't decide on a pose and accidentally trashed the sketch lol... *crys*)

Play style: Offensive Vanguard

Xylon focuses on a “Guerrilla” or Hit and Run style approach when engaging an enemy directly,
due to his lack of physical defence and low HP.
Relying on out manoeuvring any opponents with focus on speed while utilising interrupts, counter and evading abilities to stop or decrease damage before it happens. Then to jump or run out of range after dealing damage.

(*Interrupting key threats like Anchor Howl and other taunting moves*)

To further enhance his effectiveness and strategies in battle, Xylon uses the Fortune Teller sub-class talents to give himself an extra advantage and to cover his weaknesses.
With Fortune Teller, Xylon has the ability to sense when something dangerous is about to happen and can open brief glimpses into the most probable future when in battle to see a outcome.

However this comes with risks, when “Viewing” if you lose focus or delve too deep into the vision, you leave yourself exposed to the enemy.
(I like the term from Pacific Rim, “Chasing the Rabbit”)

Xylon view limit ranges from 3 to 25 seconds at most into the future while in battle.
The safest being between 3-5 seconds.

Play style: Ranged Rearguard

His Ranged Rearguard play style is similar to Offensive Vanguard style, however the only different
is that focus is given to keeping distance from the enemy and using his abilities to damage from afar and retrieve projectile weapons (boomerangs).

His signature style of backwards jumping high into the air launching range attacks was refined in PVP matches.

Spoiler for Character History:
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 20:52   Link #391
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Name: (unknown, haven't decided)
Class: Sorcerer
Species: Human

Subclass: Cook (lol)
Weapon
Book of Spells (magic power + 20%, attack power + 150, attack speed 10% and 20% chance of autocasting a level 1 spell in your arsenal)

Armor
Mage Armor ( 20% damage reduction with a 3% reduction in total mana per hit)

Accessory
Ring of evasion: 12% evasion rate from all damage.

Note: Modeled after the battle sage in Ragnarok Online

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
original content