AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 01:20   Link #1
Raviel

Need some help with a no signal monitor

Hello, this is my first time posting in this part of the forums so I'm not really sure if this belongs here. Anyway, I have a problem with my monitor saying "no signal" when I boot up my PC, everything else turns on except the display for my monitor.

After restarting the PC a few times I finally get a display and everything works perfectly fine but I'd still like to hear some tips on what could be causing the problem.

Also, I'm not really that knowledgeable with computers but I did some research and from what I can tell I think the cables connecting my PC and monitor are fine.

I don't think it's my video card either because I can play games just fine without anything happening.

Furthermore, if it helps, the problem always happens when I have to turn my PC on and then off

If anyone could give me some ideas on what could be wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Here are some of my specs just in case

CPU: Inter Core i3 (2.93GHz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 6770 PCS+ Vortex II
RAM: 4gb

Monitor: not sure what it's called but it's a generic LCD tv my dad bought on sale

P.P.S. The fans on my PC have been broken for quite some time (a year at least) and I haven't been able to replace them due to a lack of cash. I've been relying on the built in fans of my hardware and I'm thinking the sub-par cooling on my PC has finally caught up to me ehehe
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 10:44   Link #2
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that and the internals are probably dusty
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote