AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-06-09, 22:53   Link #2801
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Byakumaru was one of Amenoma's merchandise before it was bought by an unknown party (Tatara didn't mention who or how this buyer looked like). Whether this unknown buyer is Enbart Nelles or if it's someone else who then gave it to him is not stated iirc.

AFAIK fandom believes this to be Minami's work, though whether Minami is aware of what a cursed sword could lead to is hard to say imho.
Wow, completely missed that the sword was foreshadowed. I had been under the impression that they were two different things (my wonderful skimming abilities at work here).

Unrelated question, but has there been any news from Kadokawa Taiwan about volume 7?
Old 2014-06-09, 23:35   Link #2802
yulinard

It was paid in cash, so its obviously adventurer.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 09:30   Link #2803
Estavali
Heart of Torpedo ~夜明け前~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Unrelated question, but has there been any news from Kadokawa Taiwan about volume 7?
Rumors suggest that it may be out in July (with 374 pages, so saith the rumor). Most of us however, prefer to wait until KadoTaiwan confirms this itself. At the moment, the July booklist is still not up yet, so nobody knows if this rumor will be verified or not.

In any case, according to the translator haniwa, the mistakes found in the Japanese (first?) release will be corrected in the Chinese version =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
It was paid in cash, so its obviously adventurer.
Money is not limited for Adventurers only, you know, though Mamare did mention that most Adventurers are understandably more well-off than most Landers. However, Clean Artifacts are far from cheap. In fact, the start of volume six talks about Akatsuki's dilemma about wanting a Clean Artifact kodachi (one of which is Byakumaru...) and how she, a solo player, sorely lack the funds for one.

Incidentally the other sword that she had in mind (her first choice) was the Haganemushi, which was eventually gifted to her by Tatara herself. But of course anyone who have read volume six, either the actual novel or the translations at Baka Tsuki, would know this already =3

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-06-10 at 09:42.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 10:27   Link #2804
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makarich View Post
Who is those Q from StarTreck?
The "Q" are god-like entities in Star Trek universe, who are nearly omnipotent, but not quite omniscient. One particular curious Q became heavily interested in the workings of mortals, especially Captain Jon Luc Picard in particular, and meddled with their affairs a lot.
He was sort of like the Marvel's Beyonder, just not as pathetic.
Old 2014-06-10, 19:40   Link #2805
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Money is not limited for Adventurers only, you know, though Mamare did mention that most Adventurers are understandably more well-off than most Landers. However, Clean Artifacts are far from cheap. In fact, the start of volume six talks about Akatsuki's dilemma about wanting a Clean Artifact kodachi (one of which is Byakumaru...) and how she, a solo player, sorely lack the funds for one.

Incidentally the other sword that she had in mind (her first choice) was the Haganemushi, which was eventually gifted to her by Tatara herself. But of course anyone who have read volume six, either the actual novel or the translations at Baka Tsuki, would know this already =3
if i remember correctly, isn't Nureha used the money from the nobles to buy the cathedral to made all Minami Adventurer join PH? So, I guess some Landers had much more money than some Adventurer.

But, still I agree with the theory PH has something to do with with the murdere case. let's wait patiently. I'm sure Mamare would explain it to us...
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 13:43   Link #2806
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
if i remember correctly, isn't Nureha used the money from the nobles to buy the cathedral to made all Minami Adventurer join PH? So, I guess some Landers had much more money than some Adventurer.

But, still I agree with the theory PH has something to do with with the murdere case. let's wait patiently. I'm sure Mamare would explain it to us...
Nureha didn't get that sum from just one Noble but almost a entire countries worth of Nobles.
Old 2014-06-11, 17:59   Link #2807
mPervy
Professional NEET

Well, that's true... but, come on man. It's the cathedral! Isn't the price about 700 millions or something? And the maintenance fee was 1.2 million. Even if it's several nobles, I believe it's certain that each of the nobles had much, much more money than regulars adventurer.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 19:30   Link #2808
DQueenie13

I don't know if it was stated in the story or not, but I heard that she manipulated the Kunie clan member(s) stationed in Minami. That may or may not have helped.
Old 2014-06-12, 00:38   Link #2809
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

Quote:
I don't know if it was stated in the story or not, but I heard that she manipulated the Kunie clan member(s) stationed in Minami. That may or may not have helped.
you mean seduce
Old 2014-06-12, 00:49   Link #2810
yulinard

By turning Akiba into free PK zone? Yeah, they check mate round table council but I think Shiroe play the field with building ownership reset.
Old 2014-06-12, 01:16   Link #2811
Estavali
Heart of Torpedo ~夜明け前~

Quote:
Ahhh, about this, Route 43 mentioned something interesting. The name of the clan is actually written with different kanji between the the Eastal and Westlende factions. Kunie for the eastern branch is written as 供贄 while for the western branch is written as 久爾永.

From what I understand, some 2channers have speculated, based on their understanding of the kanji, that 供贄 implies altruism (or at least common good) and 久爾永 would suggest self-interest. My source from the Chinese fandom also question whether the different names implies that the two Kunie clans are actually two utterly different groups rather than just different branches of the same family.

Of course we don't know if this is really the case =3

While I'm at it, chapter 66 also mentioned about how the demi-humans are spreaded over Yamato, as in who's prominent in where. Goblins in Kantou and Kantoku field zones, Ogres westwards from Kansai, Lizardmen in Shikoku and Orcs in Kyuushu. With this we pretty much have an idea how the demi-human divide the country between themselves, the way the mafia does in Italy

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-06-12 at 01:26.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 05:38   Link #2812
Sheba
朝、か……。少し、休んでくるね。

Mental image of Don Ork spreading.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 14:07   Link #2813
yulinard

Too bad demi-human already seperate species than 4 main race. i really wish at least one author other than Tolkien and Marvel to tackle the truth that Orc and Elf are related.
Old 2014-06-12, 23:11   Link #2814
J4n1

Orcs are a subspecies of elf (Mer) in Elder Scrolls series (computer games).
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 22:34   Link #2815
Gimmesum

any new chapter by the way ?
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 22:36   Link #2816
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post
any new chapter by the way ?
No, because volume 8's finished (for the web novel), so Mamare's probably working on revising it for the publication as well as gathering research/information for volume 9.
Old 2014-06-15, 19:17   Link #2817
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Wonder if we will see a dictatorship formed by players over the landers, cause so far most of the players seem quite civil. I kind of want to see something like a dystopia, something similar to far cry, or something like that.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 19:28   Link #2818
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Wonder if we will see a dictatorship formed by players over the landers, cause so far most of the players seem quite civil. I kind of want to see something like a dystopia, something similar to far cry, or something like that.
Wasn't Brigandia sort-of like that?
Old 2014-06-15, 19:35   Link #2819
tsunade666

Quote:
Wasn't Brigandia sort-of like that?
True. They even used the landers as slaves or whore if I remember it right. The anime tone it down but the novel is different.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 01:20   Link #2820
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Yeah, Susukino pretty much degenerated post-apocalypse that after Akiba got stabilized by Shiro and the RTC they had to physically go there to evacuate people who wanted to leave.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers