AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 09:26   Link #321
silvercover
Romance Expert

may work on madoka magica fic once this summer is completely done, depends if my other fic wont take up too much time.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:49   Link #322
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh and another source of basis we could go with for a continuation would be sayaka and homura's conversation regarding the wraiths.

so what will happen now, and what will homura do once all the wraiths are gone? thats a pretty good source for things to change the current status-quo of homura's world.
could lead to homura actually going for what she said to sayaka, could also be the point where her world starts to crack.

Old 2014-06-03, 10:12   Link #323
silvercover
Romance Expert

bah, in the end the problem comes from my own conflicting feelings about how I want to end it, that makes it tough for me to start on writing a fanfic.

cause while indeed, the way it would continue and is something I also want, is to go against homura.
...but my problem now, is that I also dont really find what homura did as something that bad, which brings up a conflict for me in trying to find an idea to go against her.

damn homura, your yandere antics have won me over. a little.

as a side and hilarious note, one of the ideas that wandered into my mind on thinking about a fanfic was having something like a role reversal and a deconstruction/reconstruction for an ending:
Spoiler for possible ending for my fanfic, well, if I do make one that is.:

I have no idea if im being a genius here or im going too crazy with this....

Old 2014-06-03, 22:44   Link #324
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
^ It's very creative, so some nice thinking there. However, to make it work, you'd have to have at least some build up to it.

There's a question I'd like to post to my fellow Madoka Magica fans.

For OC Puella Magi, or Puella Magi arising from crossovers with other anime shows, it would be nice to have a good list of Puella Magi weapons to work with.

I mean, a little bit of duplication might be Ok. It might be Ok to have one other sword-wielder, or someone else who uses a gun (I'd probably make a point to have it not be a musket or a hand-gun, though). But variety in weapons would also be good.

Off the top of my head, I can think of these:

Axe
Hammer
Brass Knuckles
Halberd
Scythe
Musical instrument (the character would really need to fit this though)
Knives
Wand/Scepter (a bit old-fashioned, but it might work)
Nunchucks

Can people here think of any other good Puella Magi weapons?
Old 2014-06-04, 09:23   Link #325
silvercover
Romance Expert

of course, I plan to build up on it.
from their various interaction throughout the fic, il be slowly building up their relationship to something more, or at least different from their initial one.
that idea there was just for an ending I pictured.

as for weapon ideas, im gonna take up some from BRS:
rollerblades or something akin for the girl to use kicks as attacks(like chariot).
greatsword.
robot/avatar.

then there's from kazumi magica:
magic book.
puppets/summons.

there's also weapons like flails.

well so far, those are what ive thought of.

Old 2014-06-04, 09:37   Link #326
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Not bad. Thanks for the help!
Old 2014-06-04, 09:42   Link #327
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh yeah, there's also the staff weapon.
I just remembered it after I saw the dog days banner on animesuki

Old 2014-06-06, 11:56   Link #328
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

More OC puella magi weapons:

Crossbow
Grenades/Bombs (like old fashioned black powder type)
Various types of polearm: Billhook, Partisan, Naginata, Bardiche etc
Various other Sword Types: Katana, Gladius, Zweihander, Katzbalger, Claymore, etc
Sword and Shield/Spear and Shield
British-style longbow
Japanese yumi longbow
Composite/Recurve Bow
A modern-looking firearm, but not identical to any real weapon (Used this in my Madoka/Watamote crossover below)
Tanegashima (Japanese-style musket)
Blunderbuss
And many more- just look up various historical weapons for ideas

Also, an excerpt from a Madoka/Watamote crossover I may or may not continue:

I'm Not Popular, So I'll Make A Contract:

Character Profile: Puella Magi Tomoko Kuroki
Wish: Become popular and attractive
Soul Gem Color: green
Magical Girl Outfit: Black skirt and stockings, green top, black jacket, fingerless gloves
Weapon: Modern-looking sniper rifle (based on her fantasies as a sniper and an arms dealer), combines various real-life weapons, appears to never run out of ammunition, and can fire special projectiles such as explosive, incendiary, homing, electrified etc.

Spoiler for Saving Space: story below:

Also, another planned Madoka crossover, with a manga I read recently:

Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (translated (I think) as something along the lines of "About How I Was Killed By An Unwanted Virgin")

Summary:
Spoiler for Ore ga Doutei summary, saving space:

Potential Titles:
A Peculiar Case

About How I Made A Contract To Save Myself From Being An Unwanted Virgin

Fanfic Plot Synopsis: If you are among the few people who read it Ore ga Doutei (at least the translated chapters, so this may be unknowingly AU), you will have probably guessed that its is not Kazuya that is the protagonist of this fic, but Masaki, who naturally makes a contract to
Spoiler for Minor OreDoutei spoilers:
. Kyubey walks into Masaki's apartment, stating that he is very unusual for a 32-year old male, as most adult, and males for that matter, lack the "potential" (read: despair) that he has. So it is that Masaki becomes the first magical.... Miserable 30-something salaryman...
May also involve time travel back to Masaki's either highschool or college days.

Character Profile: Vir Magi (Latin, "magical man") Masaki Tanaka
Transformed outfit: A set of plate armor, but no helmet, haven't thought much further on it.
Wish: To date his highschool crush
Weapon: Infinitely summoned European-style longswords, with the ability to fire the blade off like a ballistic knife, which will then explode in the body of the target (an ability originally intended for Sayaka, according to the production notes)
Soul Gem color: Unsure, possibly white, gray, green, or orange
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 11:29   Link #329
Szadek

I'm currently reading some fan continuation,but I'm also thinking about a way to continue the story myself.
I have an idea for a plot,but it's still a bit lose.
Szadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 00:27   Link #330
Triple_R
Center Attraction

One idea I've been struggling with when it comes to a post-Rebellion fanfic is the idea of "How would Homura approach Madoka?"

These are the ideas that I have in my mind:

1. Aim to develop a close friendship.

2. Carefully watch over Madoka from afar but not actually befriend Madoka. Might try to sort of control/monitor Madoka through Sayaka (presuming Madoka and Sayaka become friends again in spite of Madoka now having spent 3 years in America while Sayaka was in Japan).

3. Grow bored with keeping watch over Madoka and/or eventually become sort of satisfied with the situation, and hence Homura turns her attentions elsewhere.

I'm divided on which of the three is most likely, and I'd like to get the takes of fanfic writers/fans familiar with the Rebellion movie.
Old 2014-06-12, 07:00   Link #331
silvercover
Romance Expert

well for me, its more on giving an actual conflict for the plot to move.

yes, there is conflict between homura and sayaka, however, I lack a focal point that will cause a change in the status quo.
I feel like I need to create an enemy or a threat, cause if it comes to philosophical points I dont really think it would make a change not to mention im not really well versed in all the philosophies so probably shouldnt attempt to go there(though I can argue, better to say I dont know the terms).

there's also the issue of the girls standings, like are they magical girls still or rendered human? madoka's probably human, but for kyouko, sayaka and mami? or is sayaka also left out of the loop and only mami/kyouko still have their powers to fight the wraiths.

as for your choices, triple R, it would really depend on what you want homura's direction to go.
personally though, I think #1 is foregone already.

here's a fanfic I really like that makes a very good postrebellion story, only slight problem is that its also a sequel of his other fic that contains several OC.
while the guy does, of course, give his OCs the focus, he's not ignoring the main cast especially in importance. for instance, you could basically ignore the OCs and you wouldnt be missing out on the plot/story. from a glimpse of them though, id say he makes good OCs, I just am not really interested in learning about them.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9966378...m-Those-Fallen

Old 2014-06-12, 11:03   Link #332
Szadek

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One idea I've been struggling with when it comes to a post-Rebellion fanfic is the idea of "How would Homura approach Madoka?"

I'm divided on which of the three is most likely, and I'd like to get the takes of fanfic writers/fans familiar with the Rebellion movie.
I'm pretty sure Homura wants to be close Madoka,but perhaps it's too dangerous.
As we have seen in Rebellion Homura's memory manipulations are fragile,a single mistake could potentially destroy the illusion.
The last option is intersting,but seems unlikely.Maybe after a very long,eventless time?
For me it's 2>1>3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
well for me, its more on giving an actual conflict for the plot to move.

yes, there is conflict between homura and sayaka, however, I lack a focal point that will cause a change in the status quo.
I feel like I need to create an enemy or a threat, cause if it comes to philosophical points I dont really think it would make a change not to mention im not really well versed in all the philosophies so probably shouldnt attempt to go there(though I can argue, better to say I dont know the terms).
My idea so far is that Homura is unable to keep Madoka happy,even with her new powers.
Maybe Homura has to suppress more and more memories,but this process has negative side effects on Madoka.
For example,she forgets all her memoires about Sayaka,but they are very important to her and without them she is no longer the same person.
Over time Madoka gets more and more unhappy and depressed,maybe even sick.
Now Homura has a dilemma.

This is as far as I got.I'm not sure where to go from here.
Maybe Sayaka confronts Homura ,because of what she did to Madoka.
The problem is,I don't think Sayaka has a chance against a Goddess.
All the witches Madoka saved are probably also willing to fight for her.
2 Problems:Where are they and how could they help her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
There's also the issue of the girls standings, like are they magical girls still or rendered human? madoka's probably human, but for kyouko, sayaka and mami? or is sayaka also left out of the loop and only mami/kyouko still have their powers to fight the wraiths.
I'm unsure about Madoka.In Homuras transformation scene it looks like she took her powers,but what about the final dialog scene?
Was it only symbolic?
It looks like Sayaka is still a witch (or whatever she was in the movie) and as far as we know Homura hasn't done anything to the other Magical Girls.
I think they still have magical powers,but it's possible that they don't remember it.
Old 2014-06-13, 07:55   Link #333
silvercover
Romance Expert

well another theme im also playing around with is having homura struggling to keep this state of the world. sayaka notices this which results in her eventually giving homura a hand due to understanding her feelings and does end up agreeing that the world is good, but she still doesnt like homura keeping madoka suppressed, which will be brought up occasionally.

ah geez, so much ideas so little time...

Old 2014-06-13, 11:05   Link #334
Szadek

I just had an idea.
Maybe Madoka is smarter than we thought.
Maybe she knew the possible outcomes and prepared some kind of back-up plan for the worst case scenario.
She was certainly hoping for a diffenrent chain of events and she knew the risk,but she had to try it anyway.
Old 2014-06-13, 15:15   Link #335
Laevatein

I think the situation can only be resolved by Madoka and Homora working together. One of the series' themes is balance. Madoka can't keep the world stable alone, and neither can Homura.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 17:18   Link #336
Szadek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
I think the situation can only be resolved by Madoka and Homora working together. One of the series' themes is balance. Madoka can't keep the world stable alone, and neither can Homura.
I agree,but how do we get there?
Madoka obviously has to regain her memorys first and she probably needs help to accomplish that.
Old 2014-06-13, 18:07   Link #337
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
actually madoka did a pretty good job at keeping the world stable with her wish, only problem was that kyuubey decided to mess things up again.

I can see the appeal for that, but honestly it doesnt really seem possible with how madoka and homura are at opposing values.

it would require a 3rd party to change that one, someone that would be able to either influence homura or madoka to think differently.

if you guys do go for that idea though, I vouch for sayaka.

she'll be the one most likely to be able to create a bridge for these two, as she falls in line with madoka in believing justice and law yet also understands the feelings of desire and love that homura is in.
madoka and homura's beliefs are opposing each other too much for them to see the other points, they need someone to help them reach a compromise.

Old 2014-06-14, 06:47   Link #338
Szadek

Ok,I think I got it.
Act 1: Homura is unsatisfied with her new world.
Either because Madoka isn't happy,or because Homura realises that Madoka is nothing ,but a doll.

Act 2:Serious talk with Sayaka
Sayaka regains her memories(this part is a bit tricky) and they talk.
Maybe Homura wants to talk to her,because Sayaka is only one who can understand what she is talking about.
Sayaka tells her that Madokami was happier than ever before.
Homura still don't want to return the universe to the pervious stage,because she is worried about the Incubators.
Finally Sayaka presents her a solution.

Act 3:Homura and Madoka ascend together
Homura releases Madoka and her powers are restored(possibly through a new wish).
The universe is like it was at the end of E12,except Homura is missing.
Madoka returns to her duty and Homura becomes her eternal gaurdian.
They are both happy and safe.Incubators are no longer a threat for them,because Homura can sabotage them with ease.
Old 2014-06-14, 09:41   Link #339
silvercover
Romance Expert

^one of my theories for that one, is that homura didnt really wipe all of sayaka's memories. she just altered it to have her forget about the whole ascension and likely things related to madoka. she still retains the rest of her memories, as you could sort of get from how she teared up on seeing kyousuke.
because if she didnt, why would she cry? or if we assume that its just her subconscious reacting, then she should be going like "why am I crying?" and she shouldnt be trying to look "mysterious" to hitomi and kyousuke, if she forgot she'd go like "oh maybe something hit my eyes, this is just nothing". sayaka looked like she was faking the whole thing there.

the way I see and interpret that scene, homura wanted sayaka to get used to her world rather than force the change.
"why dont you simply enjoy the happiness from getting another chance to live a human life? someday, you'll forget about all that happened in the past, and this place will seem perfectly natural."

from the dialogue , bolded part implies that homura wants sayaka to stand down on her own stance. the italized part implies that homura didnt erase sayaka's memories, at least not all of it. the underlined part continues on with the first part in homura wanting sayaka to adjust to her world.

so yeah, the way I see it, sayaka's got her memory intact, probably just lost her memories of being with the goddess side, and maybe being friends with madoka.

well thats the general plan if your a madokaXhomura shipper.
for me though, as a homuraXsayaka shipper, it'd go something like this(based on your script, ive got other different script drafts):

act 1: same as yours, though other reasons may be due to homura just getting tired/bored since she's all powerful and nothing challenges her.

act 2: similar to yours(serious talk with sayaka) but,
sayaka has her memories beforehand so there's no recovery needed, and their relationship in school is somewhat "tense" to say the least...
either sayaka starts to notice something wrong(like homura seems more annoyed/harsh/melancholy/etc.) and talks to homura about it, or homura figures there's nothing better to do so she decides to humor sayaka
both get into heated arguments, with no side really winning out
the two break away with no compromise being made, but both get hit by the other person's point(homura suppressing madoka vs the world being all good)

act 3: character development and story build up time
SoL events occur such as the school festival, christmas, valentines day, summer vacation, etc.
wraith battles are done, with maybe mami and kyouko still being magical girls to fight them
occasional sniping/banter/arguments between the two
all the girls(meaning madoka, and perhaps hitomi too if she's not busy with kyousuke) also start coming together to form a circle of friends, kind of like the world homura made at the start of the movie
things start cooling down between the two as they start being friendly, but still dont really see eye to eye(or at least still refuse the other's belief)
things sort of maintain this happiness until someone, or rather, some people, start to desire a change

well that's like so far my general plan, after that it gets complicated.
im sort of thinking of making a love dodadecagon, the question comes on which pairings do I start with, how they start to change the status quo, how things get broken down, who gets broken down, etc.
but in general, the plan is to have one or more of the girls to consider a relationship thats more than friends... which leads to a series of chain reactions that will mess up the balance and order in their friendship circle.

Old 2014-06-14, 16:42   Link #340
Szadek

Form what I got Sayaka's memories are going to change steadily over time,and act 1will take sometime to play out.
I also just really like the idea that Homura wants to talk to her,even though she considers Sayaka a threat.

Your idea for act 1 is great,too.
Maybe she don't know what to do with herself after she finally got what she always wanted.
Alternatively she is not used to life without struggle.

I'm not sure what to think about your soap opera-ish approach.
It has potential,but I'm not into that kind of stuff.

and yeah,I'm a madokaXhomura shipper all the way,no point in denying it.
(Although,recently I appreciate Sayaka more and more.)
I really just want a happy ending for them in a way that makes sense.

Tags
discussion, fanfiction