AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-06-09, 21:23   Link #11541
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Rau is actually the closest to the heroes by not having any obvious racism going on, nor shooting his own soldiers (something the other four all share).
First time I heard Rau characterized that way. lol. He's not racist, he's an equal opportunist, he hates everyone equally.
Old 2014-06-10, 00:20   Link #11542
Deadpool2000

There is no contradiction. But hey, if you don't want to defend your beliefs, fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
First time I heard Rau characterized that way. lol. He's not racist, he's an equal opportunist, he hates everyone equally.
In a weird kind of way, that makes him "better" than Zala and Azrael...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 11:24   Link #11543
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
the compelling reason is so flay doesn't die
I don't want anyone to die, but that doesn't mean the story should be changed so that no one dies.
Quote:
if he's not a coordinator then what is he. he's not a natural. he is a clone a clone of a natural, but he is able to do things like coordinators because his genes were manipulated so technically that makes him a coordinator just a coordinator that was created using a clone
A coordinator is someone who has gone through a specific gene enhancement. Rau is a clone of someone who thinks he's already a perfect being, whose only change is in his rate of growth. That is not enough to classify him as a coordinator.
Quote:
and yes it is a misfire because of the justices expolsion
No, the Justice's explosion only destroyed the GENESIS after it has been fired by Patrick Zala with the destruction of the base, preventing the "beam" to reflect back to Earth. The Providence was caught in that initial fire.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 12:05   Link #11544
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
A coordinator is someone who has gone through a specific gene enhancement. Rau is a clone of someone who thinks he's already a perfect being, whose only change is in his rate of growth. That is not enough to classify him as a coordinator.
fine he is just a clone, though that really doesn't explain how he was able to pilot a zaft mobile suit since Mu's father(who he is cloned from) was a natural and i haven't seen any information that says otherwise but okay
Quote:
No, the Justice's explosion only destroyed the GENESIS after it has been fired by Patrick Zala with the destruction of the base, preventing the "beam" to reflect back to Earth. The Providence was caught in that initial fire.
then doesn't that mean athrun caused the genesis to misfire since it didn't complete the whole firing process

Last edited by shadow1296; 2014-06-10 at 13:12.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 14:10   Link #11545
Deadpool2000

Al La Flaga was pretty exceptional... And the oldest known "Newtype." Rau can pilot a mobile suit because he is just that badass...

Also, I don't think he is arguing that Genesis didn't misfire per se so much as the Providence was destroyed BEFORE Genesis misfired...
Old 2014-06-11, 04:11   Link #11546
monster

Quote:
fine he is just a clone, though that really doesn't explain how he was able to pilot a zaft mobile suit since Mu's father(who he is cloned from) was a natural and i haven't seen any information that says otherwise but okay
Being a Natural doesn't prevent you from having genes that helps you to do certain things that a Coordinator can do. The only difference is that you get them naturally. Of course, training and practice and motivation also help.
Quote:
then doesn't that mean athrun caused the genesis to misfire since it didn't complete the whole firing process
I'm specifically talking about what hits the Providence.

Your words:
Quote:
he and the providence were vaporized by the genesis misfire
The misfire actually comes later in the process. What hits the Providence was not a misfire.
Quote:
Also, I don't think he is arguing that Genesis didn't misfire per se so much as the Providence was destroyed BEFORE Genesis misfired...
Exactly.
Old 2014-06-11, 14:14   Link #11547
Aquaman OS

How I interpreted it was Genesis started to fire (and the initial blast took out Rau) but Justice blew inside it seconds later and destroys its internals, causing the beam to sputter out before it could go anywhere.

As far as Rau's piloting skills some Naturals can pilot coordinator OS's though it's very very rare, and even the ace pilots of the Mobius Zero corps couldn't do it. One of the MSV pilots though is specifically said to be able to do so.

However they've always been evasive about Rau and Rey's genetic types and even the guidebooks list them as question marks. So they could possibly maybe be coordinators too. They never outright confirm one way or the other.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 04:25   Link #11548
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 07:20   Link #11549
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
re-uploaded to another site since I couldn't view it from that site
+
thanks

newtype characters rank july 2014
Images
Gundamx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 11:54   Link #11550
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
re-uploaded to another site since I couldn't view it from that site
+
thanks

newtype characters rank july 2014
Images
not surprising i don't think i've seen one of those poles where they weren't on it, this only strengthens the rumor that the hd remasters were successful and we might finally see the movie that was planned for it because of it, granted these were just rumors i found and i have seen nothing official yet on it
Old 2014-06-13, 13:29   Link #11551
monster

Quote:
not surprising i don't think i've seen one of those poles where they weren't on it, this only strengthens the rumor that the hd remasters were successful and we might finally see the movie that was planned for it because of it, granted these were just rumors i found and i have seen nothing official yet on it
Considering they've placed several times on some charts, I don't think the remasters had any effect at all one way or the other.

As for a sequel, I'll be glad if it ever happened, but I'm not expecting it to happen at this point.
Old 2014-06-13, 14:46   Link #11552
Deadpool2000

Quote:
Considering they've placed several times on some charts, I don't think the remasters had any effect at all one way or the other.

As for a sequel, I'll be glad if it ever happened, but I'm not expecting it to happen at this point.
Gundam Sees Destiny did get first place in the "Anime for streaming" poll...

I would say that is about as successful as anyone could have hoped for...
Old 2014-06-13, 15:28   Link #11553
monster

Quote:
Gundam Sees Destiny did get first place in the "Anime for streaming" poll...

I would say that is about as successful as anyone could have hoped for...
Oh sure, but I was only talking about the character polls. I don't think the remaster had any effect on Kira and Lacus's popularity in terms of charting in the polls. I'm not saying the remasters didn't do any good elsewhere.
Old 2014-06-13, 17:01   Link #11554
weirdguy

Quote:

Destiny's 10th year is coming up in a few months, so there might be something planned to be announced on that day.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 18:00   Link #11555
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Destiny's 10th year is coming up in a few months, so there might be something planned to be announced on that day.
Maybe, although I believe that month is when Reconguista and the second season of Build Fighters will start, so I think they will just focus on those two and the upcoming Origin for the foreseeable future.
Old 2014-06-13, 18:42   Link #11556
weirdguy

Quote:
Maybe, although I believe that month is when Reconguista and the second season of Build Fighters will start, so I think they will just focus on those two and the upcoming Origin for the foreseeable future.
I sure we don't know their release date yet, except that it will be in the fall. Origin is coming out in 2015. A sequel is most unlikely, but a movie can still happen. I'm sure all they need to do is to do the animation and voice acting since from last I heard, the script was done, but was put on hiatus till now.
Old 2014-06-29, 22:05   Link #11557
weirdguy

It's been a while since there was a comment here so I wouldn't know if it's better to add it to my previous post, or make this a new post, but resulting in a double post. Anyways, remember how Gundam.info took down Destiny, and 00. Well, it seems they are adding them back up on 7/1 with the addition of a SD Gundam series(not sure if that was taken down like Destiny and 00). Not sure how accurate my understanding of it is though...
Old 2014-06-30, 20:46   Link #11558
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
It's been a while since there was a comment here so I wouldn't know if it's better to add it to my previous post, or make this a new post, but resulting in a double post. Anyways, remember how Gundam.info took down Destiny, and 00. Well, it seems they are adding them back up on 7/1 with the addition of a SD Gundam series(not sure if that was taken down like Destiny and 00). Not sure how accurate my understanding of it is though...
They've said the series on there will be on a rotation. Z and ZZ were also up for a while and 00 will probably be back too sometime
Old 2014-07-01, 00:18   Link #11559
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
They've said the series on there will be on a rotation. Z and ZZ were also up for a while and 00 will probably be back too sometime
I don't remember them taking SEED off and that was on the website earlier than 00 and SEED Destiny. I believe Zeta and ZZ were initially an April-only (or some other month earlier this year) release, so it's good if they're bringing them back, hopefully with English subtitles for ZZ this time.
Old 2014-07-01, 09:58   Link #11560
weirdguy

Quote:
I don't remember them taking SEED off and that was on the website earlier than 00 and SEED Destiny. I believe Zeta and ZZ were initially an April-only (or some other month earlier this year) release, so it's good if they're bringing them back, hopefully with English subtitles for ZZ this time.
I noticed that too that SEED was never taken down. At this point, the probably won't be adding Z or ZZ. This time, Destiny, 00, and SD are only up for a limited amount of time.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep