AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 19:18   Link #2441
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Should we make a poll? "Do you think Jean will die next chapter?"
Old 2014-06-13, 22:15   Link #2442
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Should we make a poll? "Do you think Jean will die next chapter?"
Such "oh no he probably died, although it was only implied!"-cliffhangers usually tend to be nothing in the end, so for now I am quite positive that he is not dead, though I cannot deny the possibility that someone else sacrificed themselves for Jean.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 09:24   Link #2443
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The reason I don't think Jean is dead is because if that was really the case then we would have already seen a clear image of his head exploding.

Making people wondering about something and keeping them on a cliffhanger only to later reveal that "yeah the most obvious scenario is true" won't really satisfy the readers.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 22:40   Link #2444
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Jean should've just knocked out the person with the back-end of his rifle as opposed to just shouting at the person to not move...silly Jean...so silly
Old 2014-06-24, 14:04   Link #2445
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I hope Eren finally cures his "Princess Peach syndrome" soon...
Old 2014-06-24, 14:46   Link #2446
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's kind of nice how for once it's the male protagonist that always needs to be saved.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 19:32   Link #2447
Kinali

Quote:
It will as soon as they stop using Eren as bait. I mean has any of their plans that had Eren act as bait actually work?

I might be wrong but the only time they saved Eren from being captured was when Levi saved him from Annie and he wasn't even captured for that long. They completely failed saving him from Reiner and Bert. Eren basically saved himself and the rest that came to save him. Actually in a way Mikasa is to thank for that. Eren must have a lot of trust on SL to keep putting himself in these type of situations.

Last edited by Kinali; 2014-06-24 at 20:15.
Kinali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 04:23   Link #2448
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
It will as soon as they stop using Eren as bait. I mean has any of their plans that had Eren act as bait actually work?

I might be wrong but the only time they saved Eren from being captured was when Levi saved him from Annie and he wasn't even captured for that long. They completely failed saving him from Reiner and Bert. Eren basically saved himself and the rest that came to save him. Actually in a way Mikasa is to thank for that. Eren must have a lot of trust on SL to keep putting himself in these type of situations.
Well, to be fair "using fake Eren" (i.e. Jean) and "fake Armin" (i.e. Historia) worked perfectly well against Reeves Company.
Old 2014-06-25, 16:42   Link #2449
Death Usagi
Feeding the Adorable Loli

Except Armin got nearly raped by a gay man... D:...
Old 2014-06-25, 19:23   Link #2450
Kinali

Quote:
Well, to be fair "using fake Eren" (i.e. Jean) and "fake Armin" (i.e. Historia) worked perfectly well against Reeves Company.
I guess that counts but that was against some small fries. It was even implied that Miakasa was enough to take them on. When they use Eren as bait they actually use him to get the "bad guy/s" instead of when they used "fake Eren" just to get information. They basically put Eren in a situation that neither him or SL can handle.

Eren really is a plot device and makes him look helpless but it also doesn't make SL look good at all. They have been lucky so far but with what Isayama said about the next chapter being the most impactful their luck might run out.
Old 2014-06-30, 15:23   Link #2451
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Apparently, when Jean's hat went flying, the SFX was not that of a Gunshot but much rather a smack....
I actually read a version with the sfx translated. The guns that the military police used were more like "boom" and the sound where it shows Jean's hat was a "pop". The slicing when Levi killed the military police was more like a "swoosh". So if those translations are right then it really might be Armin using a less powerful gun. I think crunchyroll has the same sound effects.
Old 2014-07-01, 08:09   Link #2452
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali View Post
Eren really is a plot device
This is pretty much truth. He's still being caught up in what other people want him to do (or be), instead of leading himself. He's always being used, mislead and lied to, and he's always being left in the dark. For all of his power as a Titan, he's reduced to a weakling the moment anything political comes into the story, human or Titan.

I mean sure, it's not like he's passive about any of this, but it always feels like the story is happening around Eren instead of Eren being the driving force of the story.
Old 2014-07-01, 08:53   Link #2453
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This is pretty much truth. He's still being caught up in what other people want him to do (or be), instead of leading himself. He's always being used, mislead and lied to, and he's always being left in the dark. For all of his power as a Titan, he's reduced to a weakling the moment anything political comes into the story, human or Titan.

I mean sure, it's not like he's passive about any of this, but it always feels like the story is happening around Eren instead of Eren being the driving force of the story.
For the last several months Isayama has been doing interviews for Bessatsu Spoon, and one of the questions was, what were some of his requests for the anime, and his answer was to make Eren even more useless. I swear sometimes I think Isayama doesn't like Eren at all. I do remember him mentioning a sometime ago in another interview that he has a hard time relating to/writing Eren.

Also, Erwin's childhood nickname was eyebrows.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 09:05   Link #2454
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It's kind of nice how for once it's the male protagonist that always needs to be saved.
Oh that? I thought he was referring to "your princess is in another castle" syndrome, i.e. the hero works hard only to find out that it was all wasted effort.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 09:07   Link #2455
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Oh that? I thought he was referring to "your princess is in another castle" syndrome, i.e. the hero works hard only to find out that it was all wasted effort.
Well that happens too, but that is not restricted to Eren.
Old 2014-07-01, 16:49   Link #2456
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
For the last several months Isayama has been doing interviews for Bessatsu Spoon, and one of the questions was, what were some of his requests for the anime, and his answer was to make Eren even more useless. I swear sometimes I think Isayama doesn't like Eren at all. I do remember him mentioning a sometime ago in another interview that he has a hard time relating to/writing Eren.
Don't know if it was the same interview but there is one where he mentions the same thing but keeps on going about how he liked Kaji Yuuki's great voice acting that Eren has become one of the characters that he likes now. But he still hasn't really grasped him in the manga. He also mentions that the manga has been influenced by the anime and has been changing.

It also mentions that Mikasa is a compilation of what he thinks is "moe" and the female type that sticks to the protagonist. I guess that answers why Mikasa is the way she is.

Last edited by Kinali; 2014-07-03 at 01:15.
Old 2014-07-03, 15:48   Link #2457
Kiltias

Spoiler for Well shit.:
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 16:00   Link #2458
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Spoiler for Well shit.:
I don't buy it, because of those absurd arms (unless they are actually mechanical or something)... not even Isayama does mistakes like that. Actually if I look at it now... it may be because of it being LQ, but the "wound" looks photoshopped to me. If you look at the left side of the wound, that looks like a straight vertical line.

Well, I remain sceptical, until the chapter is released.
Old 2014-07-03, 16:38   Link #2459
Kinali

Quote:
Spoiler for Well shit.:
The person who made that actually posted this in 4ch. He had the whole page but you could tell it was fake so I'm guessing he decided to put that panel instead since the rest didn't look real enough. But yea its fake.

Spoiler for Full Page:
Old 2014-07-03, 16:47   Link #2460
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

At least random central-MP member got his fake 5 minutes of glory^^ He looks quite badass on that fake pic... well aside from his arms... unless they are supposed to be mechanical.