AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 19:50   Link #1201
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
^ don't think too much about it. Even Kaguya's were abnormally large with her outfit, even on par with Yuzuru's, despite their arc pretty much nailed the difference between them.
Origami's being bigger is just a design mishap.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 20:08   Link #1202
Guido

The Truth about Miku

Last week I watched the ninth episode, so right now I'm posting on it to leave everything settled by the time I'll be watching the last episode for this season tomorrow.

Overall, Miku got the short end of the stick with her fanbase due to the rumours pulled against her, and why it was unfair I at least cannot condone much of her actions to manipulate other people with her Spirit Powers.

The rest is DEM staff either crushed by Kururmi, or Origami, or Mana, or that same staff going nuts overwhelmed in power. That, and their boss is quite one-dimensional lunatic with no value to influence the plot.

I got that she had Ellen stabbing Shido to near death so as to traumatize Tohka into the breaking point for her to snap into a very dangerous form, which I'll get to witness in full glory in the final episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 20:09   Link #1203
the one above all

The episode was rushed but still enjoyable. Ellen and her boss were really underdeveloped and Orgami was left out at the ending. I also felt like the Yamai sisters should have played a bigger part. After their arc they became just like Yoshino. Miku was pretty enjoyable though and I really liked her development. Dark Tohka was awesome and I felt that it was worth the wait. They probably should have cut out the opening to save some time. Overall might not have been as good as the first season but still enjoyable.
Old 2014-06-13, 20:18   Link #1204
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Not as good as the first season, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Not really sure why I saw some people "disappointed" by the last episode, the message of the whole show is the "Power of Love". This isn't an over the top action show.

It's unfortunate to see the shows budget was smaller than the first seasons. It definitely showed, and it made me cringe at times.

Also, dat lesbian conversion. Good job Shido!

7/10. Really excited for the movie. Let's hope a third season will be in the works soon.

P.S. Oh, and where the hell was Origami at the end? Seriously? She got shafted pretty damn hard this season. I sincerely hope we see more of her as a main character in future installments.
I'd guess the disappointment largely comes from the whole Dark Tohka thing not only being just one episode, but also being resolved SO quickly along how it seems to move on into the old antics afterwards quite fast, and not that much happening in the meantime.

I'm hoping this isn't going to become a trend...a series that generates a bunch of questions, but rather than answering them within the series, they leave it quite open-ended in anticipation of a "movie" (which will usually be a recap of the series with some extra scenes). It just gives off a feeling of "milk the franchise".
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 20:28   Link #1205
Death Usagi
Death by Re

I can say this with confidence.

They should have done this as a 12 episode anime. Too rushed like crap
Old 2014-06-13, 20:52   Link #1206
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the ending felt rushed it would of been better if there was at less one or two more epiosdes but got to say Miku was the best new girl

6/10 there wasnt enough of Yoshino she was ether watching tv or in the background
Old 2014-06-13, 20:54   Link #1207
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
I can say this with confidence.

They should have done this as a 12 episode anime. Too rushed like crap
At least they got enough materials to wrap up a season, despite of the "3 episodes per volume" quota that led to plot 'butchering' and poor execution of a few scenes.

PS: Miku is now my second favorite.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2014-06-13 at 21:23.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 21:47   Link #1208
rladls2121

I skipped Miku's arc because I could not bear watching Miku's sadistic tone and acts on Shido or anyone else.

But then I'm still kind of reluctant of watching after this arc because this is not the last of Miku.

What? This is this Last episode?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 21:58   Link #1209
Xero8420

^
It's the last episode of the season this week.

Then you've missed the reason why Miku was bitchy as she was in the present. Because of her male fans turned her away in the past due to the rumors and a scandal about her circulating around the internet. All those negativities got into her nerves to the point that she lost her voice as the result of her psychological distress disorder. Since then, she became a spirit because of that traumatic past of hers.
Old 2014-06-13, 22:05   Link #1210
rladls2121

Thank you for the summary, now I can finally move on.

But really, Shido's first meeting with Miku on the concert stage truly the worse meeting than any other spirits.

Shido really grown up, not having any trauma after that.
Imagine what would have happened if Miku was the very first spirit he had to capture instead of Touka.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:06   Link #1211
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well either way I must admit I was looking forward to something really cool with Inverse Tohka and I must admit I was thoroughly disappointed by it the episode was actually quite terrible tbh not rushed it just wasn't nearly as impressive as I thought it would be
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 22:24   Link #1212
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Thank you for the summary, now I can finally move on.

But really, Shido's first meeting with Miku on the concert stage truly the worse meeting than any other spirits.

Shido really grown up, not having any trauma after that.
Imagine what would have happened if Miku was the very first spirit he had to capture instead of Touka.
That would sound great and interesting for an alternative scenario.

Cause Miku is human, like Kotori, who turned into spirit. With her spirit power sealed, she revert to human once more. Even if spirits no longer exist, Miku is still there.

Oh yes~! With this season ending, I can say Miku will make a perfect end girl for Shido~! Together, they can make love and make babies, and live in happily ever after together~! Ahahahahaha~! xD

Now call me crazy! Cause Miku is my second favorite girl, I got to be honest.
Old 2014-06-13, 22:50   Link #1213
Death Usagi
Death by Re

Obviously Shidou going to have children with Origami or Kurumi >_>
Old 2014-06-13, 22:59   Link #1214
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Obviously Shidou going to have children with Origami or Kurumi >_>
But Miku would allow a harem route
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 23:10   Link #1215
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
But Miku would allow a harem route
I wholeheartedly this.

Miku needs love too, just like anyone else.
Old 2014-06-14, 00:05   Link #1216
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
About Wescott and how he was underdeveloped as a bad guy; while I agree, I only agree as far as DAL 2 is concerned, and even then. Remember that this is an ongoing light novel, and we're not supposed to be calling the endgame score on any of the characters, plot, or story yet. And it's a terrible story idea to explain everything too soon. All we know is that Wescott wants some mayhem and destruction, but clearly it's a bigger picture than that. You can't expect the author, Tachibana, to blow the lid on one of the main antagonists so soon, and with this being a faithful adaptation (very little anime-original material), you can't expect the anime to do any differently.
And from a more simplistic standpoint, what's wrong with simple "I want to destroy the world" types? High-budget titles and franchises use that type of bad guy, and other bad guys with similarly simple and "shallow" evil goals, all the time, including Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Meanwhile, it goes without saying but the production value for this season was nothing to write home about.
Save perhaps half of Kaguya and Yuzuru's arc, the big chunk of this season was butchered in term of design and animation. Hell, even the last episode got the short end of a stick (not as much as ep9 though), with "cut" sequence.
I take it few people looked at the Strike the Blood TV -> BD comparison I quoted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Seeing the BD version of episode 12 I realised just how bad the drawing was in the TV version. The faces were sometimes just hideous. Here are a few examples with their BD counterparts.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yukina looks just as hideous as Miku's bad animation shots in one of those pics (fifth one down on the left), and the other pics can't get much better praise. (the seventh one down is just as bad as the fifth)
Old 2014-06-14, 00:25   Link #1217
Aogami

I find it funny how the majority of people complain about Miku's attitude in the beginning regardless that she had mostly a reason to be so even though they complained about the majority of the girls aside from Kurumi were all extremely easy to romance and when a girl appears that shows to be a difficult case they complain because she isn't like the rest, talk about damned if do, damned if don't.

Also based on the light novel the rest of the spirits that will appear will be similar cases (not saying that they'll be exactly like Miku) so I can already see peoples reactions then.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 01:55   Link #1218
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

they rushed the ending.... I still hoped this could be a 12-episodes
I mean... the battle should be darker and longer..

anyway, Westcott couple is truly lame... making this mess and then just leaving like that... what the hell...
we also got several clue about Takamiya Shido... which should be the material for next season

well, Tohka re-captured is very short and simple.. I thought Shido would need more time and ideas to handle reversed-spirit but it looks simpler

at least, Shido learned how to use Yoshino's power now... so he already mastered 3-spirits power...
meanwhile, Kurumi is getting more and more mysterious... she is looking for something which means she isn't an ordinary spirit but she knew her origin well...
the speculation that she might be the last boss or the last Shido's spirit might be true after all... I can't imagine Kurumi start to join Shido's harem, live in Spirits' apartment, etc (Mana would against it)

lastly, Yoshino and Yamai sisters get decent screentime... and we didn't get any Kotori's fight in this season...
and Miku is so weird... she just get rid of her phobia against men (at least for Shido) but she could stay naked, hugged Shido for long time... I think she is the first one that did that (the others are quickly get embarrassed after sealed)

Season II isn't really better than Season I.... all of them gave quite a boost of plots and leads about how this series would end

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 02:32   Link #1219
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I'd guess the disappointment largely comes from the whole Dark Tohka thing not only being just one episode, but also being resolved SO quickly along how it seems to move on into the old antics afterwards quite fast, and not that much happening in the meantime.
That is true. Since I have not read the novels, I wonder if it was due to time constraints that this scene was cut short?

The 10 episode season they were given baffles me a bit.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 04:14   Link #1220
Rogue66

This episode we finally got Dark Tohka, she was powerful destroying a hole city like that wow. the episode ended quite nicely with Miku song, it was a good way to end the series.

In overall DAL 2 was enjoyable but it had it fair share of problem, with it being rushed at time and quality of animation but still enjoyable watch. Now they making a movie got to wait and see what that is about.
Rogue66 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem