AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-04-01, 03:23   Link #1
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK!)

Search didn't show anything except for the manga.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6357

I was just wondering when is this supposed to come out?

edit:
More info in this post.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~

Last edited by Shiryuu; 2006-07-11 at 14:58.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 04:11   Link #2
shadowplay
passive observer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Probably Fall or Winter season. NHK is my favorite manga atm, even though I doubt anime will be as good can't wait to see it.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 04:49   Link #3
Keitarou
Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: #pantsureactor@irc.synirc.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Probably Fall or Winter season. NHK is my favorite manga atm, even though I doubt anime will be as good can't wait to see it.
Yeah, no definite date so far anywhere to find but I think a late fall release would be most likely, like shadowplay suggested. :)

It's also my most favourite manga currently. It beats any other comedy I've seen so far, it's by far more hectic than Sukuran, the otaku related stuff isn't as lax as in Genshiken and it does actually go out to show the whole thing in a negative context and not in an unlikely happy-go-lucky way. The drama level is also quite high but what I like the most are the characters. All of them are in a way or other broken down freaks but you just have to like them and their attempts to change something, though it mostly only backfires to make everything even worse.

And also here I wonder whether they'll actually animate all of the manga's stuff. There are a few scenes scattered over the first volume which are somewhat over the top. But then again it'll air late in the night anyway so I guess (or rather hope) they can just make it a 1:1 conversion. :)

Anyway, that's the anime I was looking for the most this year (until the recent Kanon remake announcement) and I hope they'll be able to capture the highlights of the manga which make that one outstanding in its category.

Oh and if I may wish for a next comedy manga conversion, it would be Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler) or alternatively Soldier of Wishful Thinking. :D

*edit

By the way, nice signature you have there, Shiryuu. Kotona wins. :)
__________________
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 05:04   Link #4
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Its a great manga, definetly one of my favourites, it balances comedy and drama so well, better than any other manga I've read, I heard the anime is being animated by GONZO which makes me slightly un-nerved, they have a tendency to take good manga's and make bad adaptations of them in my opinion, I would have thought it would be more suited to Gainax to be honest but oh well, time will tell I suppose.
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 07:51   Link #5
shadowplay
passive observer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Actually as the chapters go by I think it's getting more depressing, even comedy scenes are somehow sad, like the one of getting caught 'in the act' in ch.23.
Gonzo? I hope that's not true.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 08:44   Link #6
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Quote:
Gonzo? I hope that's not true.
According to here it is It says its summer aswell.
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 09:14   Link #7
shadowplay
passive observer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen89
According to here it is It says its summer aswell.
Noo...
According to http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20060324
Quote:
> 監督:山本祐介
> シリーズ構成・脚本:西園悟
> キャラクターデザイン・総作画監督:吉田隆彦
> アニメーション制作:GONZO
If I got it right, Yusuke Yamamoto is director (or supervisor?), he was directing Keroro Gunso according to ANN. Still... Gonzo...
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 09:30   Link #8
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Quote:
If I got it right, Yusuke Yamamoto is director (or supervisor?), he was directing Keroro Gunso according to ANN. Still... Gonzo...
Gonzo - Bad
Keroro Director - Awesome
Things are starting to look up... slightly
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 09:37   Link #9
CaiSter21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
what does everyone here have against Gonzo?
i think that they are pretty good in terms of animation.

i mean they did make full metal panic and speed grapher
2 of my all time favorite anime
__________________
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 09:40   Link #10
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
I have nothing against Gonzo persay, I think Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher were excellent, but they seem to take manga and make bad anime adaptations of them in my opinion (i.e. Gantz, Black Cat and Hellsing).
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 11:19   Link #11
shadowplay
passive observer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
what does everyone here have against Gonzo?
i think that they are pretty good in terms of animation.

i mean they did make full metal panic and speed grapher
2 of my all time favorite anime
They made some ok stuff here and there (Yukikaze. LastEXILE...), but mostly they produce badly directed hack jobs whose script and animation falls apart after first few episodes....like SpeedGrapher for instance
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:52   Link #12
CaiSter21
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
wat was wrong with speed grapher?
i think it had a really good story line
and the animation was really well done
then again, this is coming from a person who isn't really good at either drawing or writing.

but thats just my opinion
__________________
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 14:14   Link #13
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou
the otaku related stuff isn't as lax as in Genshiken
Genshiken is the exact opposite of NHK.
Genshiken tries to present otaku in a normal fasion. Not so for NHK.
(If I said any more, I would ruin the surprise XD. The wtf factor is going to be as high as Poni Poni Dash or Excel Saga.)

The manga is one of the most differcult stories to follow I have ever read. I had to re-read each chapter three times to understand what was going on.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 14:49   Link #14
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
I wonder if theres really enough chapters for the anime to cover, Im reading them scanslated so I'm not sure what number there up to in japan, does anybody else know?
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 21:54   Link #15
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen89
It says its summer aswell.
Thanks for the info.
Quote:
I have nothing against Gonzo persay, I think Gankutsuou and Speed Grapher were excellent, but they seem to take manga and make bad anime adaptations of them in my opinion (i.e. Gantz, Black Cat and Hellsing).
Those shows were pretty good, so I'm not really worried if it isn't exactly a complete conversion.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 03:25   Link #16
Ramen89
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London
Quote:
Those shows were pretty good, so I'm not really worried if it isn't exactly a complete conversion.
Each to his own I guess
__________________
Ramen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:00   Link #17
SWPIGWANG
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
The manga is one of the most differcult stories to follow I have ever read. I had to re-read each chapter three times to understand what was going on.
That only shows that you are not otaku enough muhahahahahahahahahaha......

It is petty scary to understand everything that when on in it though...it means you skim tooooooo close for comfort.
-----------------
I don't think it is something for people looking for comedy however....the sistuation is just too messed up unless one loves black humor..... especially from the spoilers I've read.......

----------------
Still, HIKIKOMORI ACTION ANIME FTW!
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 15:03   Link #18
shadowplay
passive observer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen89
I wonder if theres really enough chapters for the anime to cover, Im reading them scanslated so I'm not sure what number there up to in japan, does anybody else know?
Should be at 26.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 00:42   Link #19
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPIGWANG
That only shows that you are not otaku enough muhahahahahahahahahaha......

It is petty scary to understand everything that when on in it though...it means you skim tooooooo close for comfort.
-----------------
I don't think it is something for people looking for comedy however....the sistuation is just too messed up unless one loves black humor..... especially from the spoilers I've read.......
Yeah, maybe I am not otaku enough XD. I get most of the jokes though, and that scares me (especially the kiddie porn joke in the first chapter). Yikes

Black humor, shiploads of them. Enough to make you have goosebumps on your back.
In a I-hope-I-don't-know-these-people-in-real-life sort of way.

25 or 26 chapters are out. I haven't check yet.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 12:48   Link #20
Dural
Me > You
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tucson, Az
Anyone else think that this would be more suited for the an OVA release than a television release?


I think it would.
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gonzo, psychological

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.