AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-07-03, 17:24   Link #21
RoboMambo

This was a curious season. Realtively few midrange stuff, lots of great shows, lots of terrible ones too. Opinion, in order of score

10: Ping Pong is my favorite anime since Utena and the only show post-2000 that I give a 10. Probably the best characters I've seen in a series. Great art

8: Break Blade, Sidonia.

Sidonia is very good sci fi, and looks great even if took some using. The action scenes werent' Majestic Prince tier but were close. The quetions regarding Sidonias past and the gauna are intriguing. Break Blade had good characters, great combat. It's great to see a whole episode devoted to a single fight, and what a fight it was.

7: Daimidaler, Chaika.

Chaika was simple adventuring fun. Somewhat intriguing story. Some missteps, mostly it's cluelesnes on how to handle Fredrica. Daimidaler was hilarious, despite my general dislike for ecchi shows.

6: Mushishi, Kamigami no Asobi, Akuma no Riddle.

Mushishi had 4 great episodes, 5 boring ones and a terrible one. Kamigami no Asobi was a nice comedy. Akuma no Riddle was kinda disjointed and the ending took a crap on the whole show, but is acceptable.

5: One Week Friends started good, but the second half decided to do it's best at sinking it with dumb turns for forced melodrama and the most obvious backstory possible.

4: Brynhildr in the Darkness was the best comedy this season. Too bad it was supposed to be serious.

3: Wixoss was mostly dumb, with twists that put me to sleep, characters that were absolutely uninteresting and senseless.

2: No Game No Life, I won't talk about this.

Ongoing and still watching: Matsutaro is fun, and in an unexpected turn I'm watching Ashita no Joe right now. Majin Bone is very good if like kiddie shows. JoJo is JoJo, although the first series was better so far. Mahouka is terrible in concept, execution, ideas and writing, it's treatment of magic is comparable to a high-school physics book.

Dropped: M3 was a mess, bad in every way, and it decided to get rid of the only thing keeping it afloat. Captain Earth, aka name-dropping: the anime, consisted mostly of talking heads.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 04:06   Link #22
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Since I caught up with most of the show, here's what I think:

Akuma no Riddle - Had potential, but suffered from being too short and having too many characters, hardly any of which got real development (not even our two protagonists). The ending also seemed to be too much of a cop-out. 7/10

Black Bullet - It has some glaring flaws, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, even if the main attraction were the cute, and ass-kicking lolis. 8/10

Bokura wa MInna Kawisoui - I had my doubts in the first few episodes, but it turned out to be very enjoyable near the end. Ritsu is hella cute, and the other characters were funny. 8/10

Date A Live II - Season 1 didn't really move me, this season was much of the same. It wasn't bad, but not very good, either. 7/10

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? - To me, this was the best show of the season, or at the very least, the best SoL show of this season. Heartwarming, cute and relaxing. 10/10

Hitsugi no Chaika - I liked it a lot. Chaika is cute, Frederica is funny and even though I don't really care much about the other characters, it was definitely better than I initially thought. Looking forward to the second half. 8/10

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - This was quite funny, even if it was short. Liked all the characters whose names were derived from animals. Would've liked more development between the two title characters, but I guess I can't win them all. 8/10

Isshuukan Friends - The best 'feel good' show of the season (was there even competition?). Wasn't too keen on the drama in episode 10, and I would've liked Hase and Fujimiya move past the 'friends' stage and into the 'lovers' stage, but that might be something for a second season, assuming we'll ever get one. 9/10

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara - The surprise of the season. I went in, expecting a typical harem, with lots of fanservice, but it turned out be quite tame, and even though the story left me in a state of confusion near the end, I applaud it for even having one, or at least one that made some sense. 8/10

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - I have yet to continue this one (left off at episode 5), but I have mixed feelings about it, and am currently undecided whether I should continue or not, especially when reviews seem to be mixed as well (though bordering on negative). Current status: unknown.

Mangaka-san to Assitant-san To: The Animation - I loved this one. The pervy MC was funny as hell, and the girls that eventually became part of his daily life were quite lovely as well, and I liked how they eventually warmed up to him bit by bit. 9/10

Mekaku City Actors - I'm unfamiliar with the whole Kagerou franchise, but MCA proved to be quite interesting on its own. Even without all the stuff that was revealed in other projects, I managed to understand most of it. SHAFT's visuals weren't always high-class, but given how the people involved are perfectionists to a tee, the BD will probably look a lot better. 8/10

Nisekoi - Carryover from last season. Highly entertaining romcom. Chitoge = best girl, with Kosaki coming very close second (her shyness was both her strength and her weakness). Could've done with Marika, who struck me as annoying lost of the time. Regarding visuals, this show was tailor-made for SHAFT, and they did a good job on it. 9/10

No Game No Life - Second best show of the season. Sora is badass, Shiro is adorable, and together they're unstoppable. The side characters are quite interesting, too (especially Jibril). 9/10

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin - This show also proved better than expected. It was nice that the main guy wasn't what he appeared to be. Nanana was cute, and Tensai was just awesome. Ending hook was probably unnecessary, given that S2 chances are probably low. 8/10
Old 2014-07-05, 23:13   Link #23
KanaMinami

Mushishi - this is the most notable series this season specially that the season 1 was way way past back then, and still delivering a epic story of the relationship between man and mushi.

No game no life - also another notable series wherein my expectation was exceeded by many folds, it's an adaptation in a nice form considering the ln adaptation being a mess.

Black bullet - have a huge impact on me specially on the characters department to be precise, the lolis. If only the pace of this was right it can even surpass mahouts which is full of difficult terms.

is the fairy this coming season
// Sig by ganbaru
KanaMinami is offline   Reply With Quote