AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-07, 03:58   Link #3561
Triok123

bigger version of saki and imouto
Spoiler:
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 11:53   Link #3562
Excorsism

Looks like volume 6.5 is getting pushed back to 7/24 as well. Pretty good Saki cover.
Old 2014-07-07, 12:01   Link #3563
Tenzen12

EVERY cover with Saki is good
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 02:07   Link #3564
righteoustrickster01

Why do I get the idea that Hachiman will end up with sakisaki
righteoustrickster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 04:55   Link #3565
dexecutioner

I think they'll adapt the rest of the novels for the second season. Volume 9 alone can be adapted in 2 episodes.

I wonder which studio will do it though. Because tbh, I hate what Brains Base in the anime.
dexecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 05:18   Link #3566
Tenzen12

Brain base did very good job on Oregairu as far as I a m concerned and as long as second season get bigger budgets I don't see why they shouldn't continue in it.

On top of that try imagine if some other studio made changes in cast aka genshiken...
Old 2014-07-08, 06:28   Link #3567
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexecutioner View Post
I think they'll adapt the rest of the novels for the second season. Volume 9 alone can be adapted in 2 episodes.
I sure hope not , V1 was one of the shortest and it was adapted in 3 episodes and they still left out things , if they adapt the biggest one in 2 episodes they will miss out a lot of stuff.

They will probably wait for V10 to come out and adapt 4 books , 3 ep / book seems like a good deal , and they have some side stories to adapt if they want like they did in the first season.

Maybe the end will be released as OVAs or a movie if there is only 1 or 2 left after 10.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 09:15   Link #3568
lijenstina

Not only the number of episodes per book is important in general, but pacing too and not leaving out any hints and foreshadowing that make you wonder about character motivation. As I remember correctly, JC Staff did that with Golden Time - rushing through the episode 6 (and up to then) even though the series has adapted 8 volumes in 24 episodes.
Old 2014-07-09, 16:31   Link #3569
JDFUdude

The side story is finished. What a nice reading n_n
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 19:25   Link #3570
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Yukinon : “When will you be done?”

Hikki : “S-Sometime this week…”

Yukinon : “Today’s Friday, so I can assume by ‘sometime the week’ you mean today, right? Do you know when the deadline is?”

Hikki : “B-By Monday…”

Yukinon : “That’s called next week. We’ll leave your column blank and move on ahead. Once you’re done, send it over.”

Hikki : “Right. Ah, by send, you mean”

Yukinon : “Bye.”
Of course we can't have any wedding centric topic in Oregairu, without Yukinon unleashing her legendaty "nagging wife mode" on Hikki (it's not like uses that mode on anyone else for the matter ) . It's been hinted that Hikki needs someone to make him do the things that he can't energize himself to do, and Yukinon is, so far; the most perfect candidate to do that.

Komachi's ideal type is obviously Hikki But, refreshingly, she isn't really into Hikki (unlike most fictional imoutos), in other words she just admits in that way that he is a pretty good and honest person. Cool, eh?
Old 2014-07-09, 19:36   Link #3571
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Of course we can't have any wedding centric topic in Oregairu, without Yukinon unleashing her legendaty "nagging wife mode" on Hikki (it's not like uses that mode on anyone else for the matter ) . It's been hinted that Hikki needs someone to make him do the things that he can't energize himself to do, and Yukinon is, so far; the most perfect candidate to do that.

Komachi's ideal type is obviously Hikki But, refreshingly, she isn't really into Hikki (unlike most fictional imoutos), in other words she just admits in that way that he is a pretty good and honest person. Cool, eh?
Strange how she is tied with sensei for best girl though. Komachi that is.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 20:44   Link #3572
lijenstina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It was more like a call from the capo.

I like how it shows Yukino being still awkward at communication and small talk over the phone. Especially, compared to the "Ayrton Senna of cell phones".

From volume 2:
Quote:
“Uhh…” said Yuigahama. “Stuff like ‘I ate a cream puff today ☆’”

“I said ‘indeed’,” said Yukinoshita.

“‘Yukinon, can you make cream puffs?! I want to try eating other sweets next time!’”

“‘Very well’.”

What sparkling conversational skills, Yukinoshita…”

Yukinoshita looked away guiltily. “There’s not much to contribute,” she grumbled. It was sad that I knew how she felt.
Old 2014-07-10, 01:52   Link #3573
SomeChineseGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
It was more like a call from the capo.

I like how it shows Yukino being still awkward at communication and small talk over the phone. Especially, compared to the "Ayrton Senna of cell phones".

From volume 2:
Speaking about cellphones...

What do they use to wirelessly exchange contacts and why Hikki's obviously powerful smartphone can't do it? (well, there's actually obvious answer to the last question, he simply didn't enable it, but still).
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 08:03   Link #3574
lijenstina

It depends what the commonly used standard is. I've read somewhere that they used IR (infra red port) to exchange phone e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
Old 2014-07-10, 09:07   Link #3575
SomeChineseGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
It depends what the commonly used standard is. I've read somewhere that they used IR (infra red port) to exchange phone e-mail addresses and phone numbers.
IR. That explains. Among other reasons that explains resurfaced IR API in Android 4.4.
Old 2014-07-10, 12:38   Link #3576
kirayamato90

If I'm not mistaken, the usage of IR is still strong in Japan. At least from what i read from years back.
kirayamato90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 08:31   Link #3577
AP24

I heard the author said in his twitter that vol 11 will be the last. If this is true then anime 2nd season will be the last covering the rest of the novels
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 08:42   Link #3578
SomeChineseGuy

Can you find the tweet in question?

Also, that's 5 volumes to adapt, and unless sponsors are especially generous, 1-cour season will skip a lot. Again.
Old 2014-07-11, 09:26   Link #3579
JDFUdude

To adapt 5 volumes in a 12 episodes anime would mean that they'd leave a lot of content. The thing is that I can't see what parts they would leave out (well, they might cut off sakisaki, totsukawaii and orimoto parts, but It'd be a shame)

Maybe with 15 or 18 episodes might work.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 11:16   Link #3580
Excorsism

Volume 6.5 Special Bonuses:

Spoiler for Gamers:

Spoiler for Toranoana:

Spoiler for Animate:

Edit: Bigger image of Toranoana's cover.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2014-07-12 at 14:41.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, dramedy, gagaga bunko, harem, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life