AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-04, 11:40   Link #201
Utsuro no Hako

Chinese raw is out.

Spoiler for Chapter 44 Abridged:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 14:25   Link #202
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Ch.44

I don't know how many more of these HOLY FUCK chapters I can take....

Spoiler for Page from Ch.44:

What an interesting chapter that was...

Old 2014-07-04, 14:34   Link #203
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.

There are times when I wish I had some 4th wall breaking abilities that lets me walk inside the manga I read, so I can punch some people in there.
Dammit, I want to cry.
Old 2014-07-04, 14:44   Link #204
Arlia
Chupa Chups Eater

When I first read the manga, I didn't think I'll be one day rooting for Nishimiya's mother to act.
Old 2014-07-04, 18:36   Link #205
alluka1509

Chapter 44 [English] by 4chan http://imgur.com/a/hwyG3#0
alluka1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 18:40   Link #206
Pesti13nce

I felt a little less uncomfortable with the bullying (I say less, but only a LITTLE less) than I am with the recent events in the last few chapters. Especially since it really seemed almost out of no where to an extent. I mean there was only a VERY brief glimpse at her self loathing (When we have been so focused on his loathing and not hers) that it was almost a surprise.

I don't think Uneo is taking the right route, but I very much see where she is coming from. I mean come on, the man/boy she loves is busting his ass to make NISH feel better (make amends which he may or may not deserve at this point) and her ass goes and tries to kill herself unsuccessfully I may add thus resulting in him getting VERY hurt and possibly seriously messed up for the rest of his life (Guess we really don't know yet his state as of translated chap 43) while I think this will only add to nish's state of a fucked up mind, unless she gets help, I think she seriously needs someone to smack her around a bit (figuratively) to knock some sense into her, tho I do NOT think Uneo is that person but I can still understand her pain and why she is resorting to this, i hope the truth in what happens comes out.

Edit: after seeing what just got posted the English 44 why do i have this odd feeling that idiot decided to try and take her life for a 2nd time while Uneo was beating her ass. I might be done with this series till it's over these cliff hangers just piss me off since I'm not a huge fan of attempted suicide, bullying, or violence (After re-reading that I wonder why i even like this series lol) this is just too much sadness and stupidity wrapped into one series for me.

Last edited by Pesti13nce; 2014-07-04 at 19:16.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 22:22   Link #207
DorkingtonPugsly

Oh man I never would've thought almost 3 volumes worth of relative peace and quiet with a few scuffles would build up and lead to this.
The authors like only 25 too, really deep stuff for someone so young.
Old 2014-07-05, 03:00   Link #208
Arlia
Chupa Chups Eater

I'm truly glad that things turned like this.
For the thee past months, it was actually boring to me to read Koe no Katachi. But I was waiting, there was no way the manga was going to end without anything really serious opening.

It was so worth the wait.
Old 2014-07-05, 06:20   Link #209
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Why do I get the feeling that there are people who are thrilled that Nishimiya is getting beaten to a bloody pulp? I wonder if Ishida would join in that revelry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Why the hell would you leave a suicidal person alone in the parking lot!?!?!? WHY??!????.
If she had been properly attended to, say, spending a few days in a "rest home" under a suicide watch by professionals, then Ueno wouldn't have been able to beat the living crap out of her. It's not the first series where someone who needs urgent psychological care conveniently doesn't get it just to enable the plot.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 08:14   Link #210
Gundamx

Quote:
Why the hell would you leave a suicidal person alone in the parking lot!?!?!? WHY??!????.
I guess she was on her way to the hospital when she meet Uneo
(same path for both of them)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:43   Link #211
Utsuro no Hako

And licensed! This is going to be a great series to give people who think manga is just Dragonball and Naruto.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:12   Link #212
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess she was on her way to the hospital when she meet Uneo
(same path for both of them)
I seriously doubt that. If it were so then both her mother and sister really are heartless, uncaring and cruel, leaving her out in the parking lot to walk into the hospital by herself.

But, on the other hand, it does make me wonder why her sister was already lally-gagging in the hospital waiting room, as well as her mom also coming in without her.
Old 2014-07-05, 18:35   Link #213
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given the situation? Rule of Drama. See how both Sahara and her mom step in during "dramatic" moments, at the height of Ueno's hysterics?
Old 2014-07-05, 20:37   Link #214
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Given the situation? Rule of Drama. See how both Sahara and her mom step in during "dramatic" moments, at the height of Ueno's hysterics?
I'm not sure that I would call that a "dramatic" moment, more like a crazed blood-letting by a psychotic bully. When Sahara and sis show up, Nishimiya already appears to be unconscious and lifeless. Funny how neither her friend nor her sister bothered to immediately run to Nishimiya's aid, but instead let Ueno prattle on. And why didn't her sister do anything when Ueno grabs Nishimiya by the hair and starts bashing her around like a rag doll? I thought she vowed to always protect her big sister?

But, yes, Rule of Drama rules: if Nishimiya's mom had done the right thing, that scene would never have taken place, and we wouldn't have had this level of "high drama."

I just wonder if Ueno will actually get the thrashing she deserves, or, preferably, face criminal charges? Speaking of which, does anyone know if attempted suicide is a criminal offense in Japan? It isn't where I come from, but, especially in a case like this involving a minor, the bells and whistles would immediately start ringing, the State would intervene, and the child would mostly likely been whisked off by the authorities for psychological evaluation, and there would also be an investigation into the child's home life by the State.
Old 2014-07-06, 18:36   Link #215
DorkingtonPugsly

Didn't Shōko herself not wana come in and was apprehensive? It's not the two told her to wait there and come in on her own. She's out there hesitant and obviously in deep thought whilst Ueno came up to the hospital to see Ishida.
Old 2014-07-06, 22:09   Link #216
Heat066

Oh God...poor Shouko can't catch a breath..srsly.

It's not like I can't understand Ueno's feelings, of course she must be seriously frustrated, but the way she choose to express those is just...wrong, good thing Mom came to the rescue, time to beat(literally) some sense into her.

Hope first thing Ishida does when recovering his senses is going to Shouko and tell her he loves her(regardless of everything), that's all it would take to take her out of her depression.
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 23:12   Link #217
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, I think it's safe to say any sort of sympathy anyone may have had towards Ueno is gone. I don't care if the story ends up saying she was right despite everything (which thankfully doesn't seem to be the direction it's going), she's... I can't even say it here.

I should've expected Shouko's side of the story to be more tragic than Shouya's, but this is just...

Thank you for not being an indecisive moron, Sahara.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 01:05   Link #218
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I don't think Ueno was hysteric, that would mean she doesn't have control over her actions. But she didn't hurt Sahara which is qutie big implicatio it's not that case. Yeah she is realy pissed of, but I don't think she will regret afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say any sort of sympathy anyone may have had towards Ueno is gone. I don't care if the story ends up saying she was right despite everything (which thankfully doesn't seem to be the direction it's going), she's... I can't even say it here.

I should've expected Shouko's side of the story to be more tragic than Shouya's, but this is just...

Thank you for not being an indecisive moron, Sahara.
Actualy I like her more. While I don't approve Ueno giving beating in general sense, I thumb up to Shouko getting every signle punch. Just because she is deaf doesn't mean she can just go and ruin other people lives. It's not like I didn't see where Ueono comming from before, but now I have hard time not applause her.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 02:59   Link #219
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

i'm with ueno
Old 2014-07-07, 05:19   Link #220
whitecloud

I could understannd why ueno beat her, eventhough that is too much,if it were me, one or two punch might be enough...im sure many of you guys in ueno place will do the same, even tho not to her extent...would you?

Tags
drama, romance