AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-06, 18:04   Link #1701
Velsy

Well if its something so important that made him, having to cancel his trip to the festival, then there would have to be dire consequences for the action, assuming he found out who it was O_o

Thats just my line of thought. It be uninteresting (maybe counter productive?) if he just let them off like it was nothing O_o

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:52   Link #1702
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Well if its something so important that made him, having to cancel his trip to the festival, then there would have to be dire consequences for the action, assuming he found out who it was O_o

Thats just my line of thought. It be uninteresting (maybe counter productive?) if he just let them off like it was nothing O_o
Izayoi's actually an incredibly mature person though. When he's not fighting he's a poster child for rational thought. Like, he really is.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 03:29   Link #1703
Pierre

Has there been anything more regarding Izayoi's real parents. I have heard the rumor he could be originally from little garden, and his mom could be Goku? was it, one of the buddhist gods. I am waiting for 6 to get finished, but have read some spoilers through ten.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 08:50   Link #1704
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Has there been anything more regarding Izayoi's real parents. I have heard the rumor he could be originally from little garden, and his mom could be Goku? was it, one of the buddhist gods. I am waiting for 6 to get finished, but have read some spoilers through ten.
hmm I didnt know about Izayoi being the great sage equaling heaven's son,where does that rumor come from? though its possible that Izayoi is indeed from little garden
Old 2014-07-07, 09:02   Link #1705
bludvein

Saurian Demon King speculated that Izayoi could be a demi-celestial being of the earth or whatever like Son Goku, which following mythology would mean he has no parents. Son Goku was spontaneously born from stone.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-07-07 at 09:12.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 09:08   Link #1706
bakato

Quote:
Canaria used her power to create Code:Unknown, but she had no control over who would be born with it. Izayoi was presumably born to normal parents and stolen by Canaria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well it was mentioned that Izayoi could be a divine child of the earth or whatever like Son Goku, which following mythology would mean he has no parents. Son Goku was spontaneously born from stone.
That was just Kouryuu's speculation based on Izayoi's unnatural strength.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 13:03   Link #1707
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I've watched the anime to this, and over the last week I have started reading its light novel. I am currently into Volume 3 when the stupid cat (as much as I want to kick it) has stolen his headphones. Which in turned has canceled his trip to the festival. I am sorta expecting a "fight" when he discovers who it is, in seeing how important that item is to him. Now here comes the main reason to my question and worry <.<

The thought popped up in the back of my head when he said the headphones were given to him by a layman(priest?). Previously thinking its just probably something like a present thats important to him. why a priest ? which unless hes from an orphanage would make sense. Then I thought... no way it couldnt be... I've always liked Izzy because hes just someone who appears to have innate strength, he doesnt need some dam gift. He looks like hes just has insanely high stats, maybe like a human champion or hero type of way (especially proficient at dealing with demon lords). He dont need some lame ass gift to get by! is what I thought. Now Izzy being amung my favourit with Kuro Usagi, that was fine. But the evil thought I just had.... No way, dont tell me Izzy is as lame to use borrowed power? Its not his headphones is it ? Is Izzy all the lame ? Is he whole attitude based on the boasting of his headphones which any joe blow could pick up and use ?

Now I generally not big on spoilers, but if I have hit the truth, I sorta have to know the truth. No point lying to myself, so I kinda hoping that if I have hit the mark. Is Izzy such a fraud ? Is all that talent, something that only comes from his headphones ? I'm really hope its only a keepsake of his, but I cant shake this evil thought.
1. What priest?
2. correct your spelling and grammar PLEASE. I had to read this 3 different times to figure out what you are talking about.
3. The headphones are not the source of Izayoi's power (where did u get that stupid idea). They are a gift form his younger adopted Bother in the orphanage Canaria was running.

have either of you try to finish reading the translated vols? it answer a lot of your questions.

Quote:

Izayoi already knew who stole the headphone.

Quote:
Izayoi's parent were already told by Izayoi that they gave up on him to the orphange because they can't handle him.

Kouryuu speculate that Izayoi is same type of existance as Sun WuKong (NOT GOKU).
Old 2014-07-07, 13:15   Link #1708
Quol
That Guy

When Kurousagi told Izayoi that Yo had the headphones Izayoi said he knew who stole his headphones because there was cat hair in the basket. He was just killing time until Yo decided to hand the headphones to him. From what i have read he still doesnt know that the headphones were destroyed which at one point freaked Kurousagi, Asuka and Yo out on what to do.

Also if you look at the recent novel cover Izayoi is wearing the cat headphones that Yo summoned so i guess he doesnt mind.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 20:24   Link #1709
BionicMeerkat

Hello everyone. Volume 6 Chapter 7 is translated and transferred over. It was ready to be transferred over the weekend but I was busy at Anime Midwest so I was not able to transfer it over. It's going to be good yo~

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 22:10   Link #1710
zack sager

great chapter thanks for translating cant wait for the next one
zack sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 22:23   Link #1711
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicMeerkat View Post
Hello everyone. Volume 6 Chapter 7 is translated and transferred over. It was ready to be transferred over the weekend but I was busy at Anime Midwest so I was not able to transfer it over. It's going to be good yo~
Nice I am waiting for it to be translated and finish in one go, I think that leaves only 2 more chapters or how many are in 6.

Well goku and sun wukong are basically the same character, sun wukong is the monkey king who goku is then based off of.

Also when was it mentioned that Caranria was responsible for code unknown. That is Izayoi's foster mom right. I thought she was the one who identified it as code embryo, but not that she had anything to do with it.

I forgot exactly where the discussion was, might have been tropes, but some suggested Izayoi is too powerful to have been born a straight human.
Old 2014-07-08, 00:04   Link #1712
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack sager View Post
great chapter thanks for translating cant wait for the next one
Quote:
Nice I am waiting for it to be translated and finish in one go, I think that leaves only 2 more chapters or how many are in 6.

Well goku and sun wukong are basically the same character, sun wukong is the monkey king who goku is then based off of.

Also when was it mentioned that Caranria was responsible for code unknown. That is Izayoi's foster mom right. I thought she was the one who identified it as code embryo, but not that she had anything to do with it.

I forgot exactly where the discussion was, might have been tropes, but some suggested Izayoi is too powerful to have been born a straight human.
Sorry I just realized that I made it sound like I'm the one that translated it. I'm only the editor that does the transfer and edits the chapters. All credit should be directed towards magref, not me.

Also, you are correct, only 2 more chapters before Vol 6 is completed. I'm still amazed that Mondaiji isn't in the top 30 in popularity since it has a lot of progress done but it doesn't matter.

Errr I think the Canaria thing was from later volumes. I think they touched upon it in Volume 4-6?

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

Old 2014-07-08, 03:46   Link #1713
Pierre

Quote:
Sorry I just realized that I made it sound like I'm the one that translated it. I'm only the editor that does the transfer and edits the chapters. All credit should be directed towards magref, not me.

Also, you are correct, only 2 more chapters before Vol 6 is completed. I'm still amazed that Mondaiji isn't in the top 30 in popularity since it has a lot of progress done but it doesn't matter.

Errr I think the Canaria thing was from later volumes. I think they touched upon it in Volume 4-6?
Well to magref I salute you sir, but thanks to you as well for editing. Now if only you had some STB to edit it would be perfect, oh well at least someone is on it.

I am also shocked at Mondy, especially when you look at some of the things in the top 30. Plus what makes it especially weird is that Mondy is actually fairly far along in the translations when many of the other works are lucky to have one volume. I think the top 30 should be reserved for works with decent amount of work done.

But yea, hope magref keeps on the good fight, because as much as I liked the anime, I doubt we will get more, so LN it is.
Old 2014-07-08, 05:44   Link #1714
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
thanks for informing us of this great thanks to you and magref
Old 2014-07-08, 10:25   Link #1715
cadu_

Angry Izayoi on next chapter...
Damn,i really want to read the next chapter soon.
Old 2014-07-08, 11:46   Link #1716
zack sager

Quote:

ya i know you only edit i just posted incase the translator ever looks on here he can see but thanks for saying that
zack sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 13:00   Link #1717
Quol
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Since it's the weekend, here's a rough trans. Not guaranteeing accuracy, since my grammar is probably weak.

Spoiler for Volume 6, Chapter 8:
Long time ago someone did a translation for a bit of the chapter, mostly about the fight with Izayoi. It was pretty epic (found on page 14)
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 13:09   Link #1718
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Well to magref I salute you sir, but thanks to you as well for editing. Now if only you had some STB to edit it would be perfect, oh well at least someone is on it.

I am also shocked at Mondy, especially when you look at some of the things in the top 30. Plus what makes it especially weird is that Mondy is actually fairly far along in the translations when many of the other works are lucky to have one volume. I think the top 30 should be reserved for works with decent amount of work done.

But yea, hope magref keeps on the good fight, because as much as I liked the anime, I doubt we will get more, so LN it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
thanks for informing us of this great thanks to you and magref
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack sager View Post
ya i know you only edit i just posted incase the translator ever looks on here he can see but thanks for saying that
haha yeah getting some STB activity was very nice to see! Slow and steady since it's daily updates but better than nothing yo~

No problem on the updates on the chapters. The feedback was good when I asked if people wanted updates here + noticed that baka-tsuki tended to only post about the chapter on fb roughly 5 hrs after I usually transfer them

Magref should see the posts. Not all that active here compared to BT or on his blog but magref stops by every now and then.

Edit: So I see Quol posted Volume 6 Chapter 8 in the comment above. I remember reading it when it first got posted as a lurker but could never remember which page it was posted. I'll send it to magref since it could speed up the release for Chapter 8. However, would you guys want me to transfer over Enigmatic's version in the mean time or nah?

Last edited by BionicMeerkat; 2014-07-08 at 13:12. Reason: Question
Old 2014-07-08, 18:12   Link #1719
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. What priest?
2. correct your spelling and grammar PLEASE. I had to read this 3 different times to figure out what you are talking about.
3. The headphones are not the source of Izayoi's power (where did u get that stupid idea). They are a gift form his younger adopted Bother in the orphanage Canaria was running.

have either of you try to finish reading the translated vols? it answer a lot of your questions.

Izayoi already knew who stole the headphone.

Izayoi's parent were already told by Izayoi that they gave up on him to the orphange because they can't handle him.

Kouryuu speculate that Izayoi is same type of existance as Sun WuKong (NOT GOKU).
Its all good, it got answered, water under a bridge now ^_^ I actually feel a little guilty for doubting Izzy (cause hes just so awesome), I guess I panicked a little <.<. Oh and my quick google search on layman said something about a priest? O_o Probably something I messed up.

Now that I finished volume 3, its kinda amusing.. How stupid was that, leaving cat hair at the scene of the crime. If the cat could of been any dumber, it would of been muddy paw prints leading to Kasukabe's room.

If I could bother yous again with a quick question about volume 3, I really liked the part with Canaria and her way of talking to Izzy through her will (that would be seriously creepy O-o). The question, Izzy seemed to have received 2 letters, which will had me thinking why he got two of them?. Later Leticia mentioned that maybe Canaria sent Izzy to Little garden which sorta rang the bells that lead me to this answer. Kuro Usagi sent the first letter which he was interrupted and stuffed into his bag, "probably" destined to be thrown out as junk at a later date? Thus Canaria had prepared the 2nd letter attached to her last will after showing some form of future telling. Giving Izzy to option to take the path to Little Garden if he so chose. In this way, this was her form of method of sending Izzy to Little Garden since the no-name crisis?.

Is this the proper way to interpret the events ? The timelines are sorta a little out of wack, but can be explained with the 3 problem children being plucked out from different eras.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-07-08 at 18:22.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 22:21   Link #1720
XFire
150% done

Vol 6 Ch 7

HE HURT THE BUNNY. HE MUST DIE.

Wreck his shit, Izayoi.

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko