AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-07-26, 14:24   Link #921
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Going back again to SSj forms. I remembered Trunks saying he has more power than his father, but that form does make him powerful with bulky muscles, but becomes slow. Another is that Pai-Ko defeated Cell and Freeza with one hit, but Goku only had SSj at that time, but was able to beat Pai-ko in a tournament. Also remember Goku can absorb the spirit bomb when he gets it from the earth or the sun which he defeated android 13 with which is still fact ssj1 level.

For the guesses and speculation of the revived person since it's said "SOMEONE" and lets disregard the fact of the one year and kami rules for now.

It could be Broly for reasons he's pretty popular, Buu since probably Goku wants to defeat him solo without using the spirit bomb, Bardock Goku wants to know and ask his real father questions that leads to something chaotic or an original character movie only.
Old 2014-07-26, 15:27   Link #922
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Buu has already been reincarnated at this point. I don't think he can be revived. Goku would just effortlessly defeat him anyway. SSJ God completely screwed up the powerlevel scale.
Old 2014-07-26, 15:47   Link #923
GDB

Pikkon isn't canon in the slightest, so don't look at anything involving him for hints on power scale. Same for Goku absorbing the Spirit Bomb. That was just asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It could be Broly for reasons he's pretty popular, Buu since probably Goku wants to defeat him solo without using the spirit bomb, Bardock Goku wants to know and ask his real father questions that leads to something chaotic or an original character movie only.
Broly isn't canon, and bringing him in would canonize the other movies that wouldn't fit in canon. Buu is already reincarnated as Uub, though he hasn't been introduced (as Kanon said). Bardock couldn't even come close to doing anything that'd bring the ultimate despair or anything.

And yeah, SSJG Goku is quite a bit stronger than Super Saiyan Gogeta or Vegito (he said Vegito in the movie if I recall, but since he was talking about fusing to beat Beerus it'd make more sense to use Gogeta's power instead of Vegito, but Gogeta isn't canon), so even Gohan absorbed Super Buu wouldn't hold a candle to him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 20:13   Link #924
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I agree with SSJgod tipping the power levels, but it's artificial and "ANY" of the SSj Z warriors can become a SSjgod since all of them are sinless now. Bills/Beerus is scale of power. SSjgod can match him, but due to the time limit Goku lost. Vegito relies on the potaro earrings absorption or probably if you destroy one while battling Vegito they'll be separated.

I really do wish they canon a few of the movies Gogeta would be great. GT as always non canon, but that is the most logical thing to do in a situation like that. Though the down side is that any fusion with Vegeta and Goku only results to a more arrogant over powered Gogeta/Vegito.
Old 2014-07-26, 21:30   Link #925
GDB

Destroying the earrings doesn't destroy the fusion. Kibito Kai is still fused despite his earrings being destroyed, as is Elder Kai.
Old 2014-07-27, 03:10   Link #926
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Really? I didn't know that or slipped my mind since it's been a long time watching DBZ series and I don't wanna repeat watching it with DBZ Kai. You know long popular dragging animes *cough Naruto*

Anyways the only clue we have from the teaser is that the power up Goku has is the power up that Vegeta did when he fought Bills.
Old 2014-07-28, 17:33   Link #927
GDB

I wouldn't put any stock in the trailer. Not until we get actual footage, and even that's subject to change (see: Super Saiyan Gohan).

As for the earrings, the ones Vegito initially used were the ones that fused Elder Kai. He didn't defuse when the earrings were broken inside Buu. When they lured Kid Buu to the Kai planet, Kibito Kai handed Goku and Vegeta his earrings, which they promptly broke, without him defusing.
Old 2014-08-01, 19:27   Link #928
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox

Spoiler for after you watched it:
Old 2014-08-01, 19:30   Link #929
GDB

I knew it was KaiserNeko before he started talking normally (and before the T4S logo showed). It was weird how the characters kept getting slight frame changes as he talked.
Old 2014-08-01, 19:57   Link #930
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I knew it was KaiserNeko before he started talking normally (and before the T4S logo showed). It was weird how the characters kept getting slight frame changes as he talked.
ahhah yea, I noticed that. Think it was intentional XD
Old 2014-08-05, 00:48   Link #931
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Funny thing is that Bills didn't do pressure moves on ssj Goku which could have stopped him or koed him.

As for the changes, I really don't care adjustments are always needed to make things consistent and better for the film.
Old 2014-08-08, 05:55   Link #932
Samari
World's Greatest

I hope for 2015 we actually get a film. Battle of Gods was extremely disappointing when I saw it a few months ago or whenever it was. Toriyama and company really need to hammer out a solid plot and not make something that is essentially an hour and a half get-together at a party. Dragon Ball has never really been great for solid, tight storylines, but they can do much better than what was just released.

I'm guessing Frieza is the one that is going to be revived. And no more new transformations please. Enough is enough. Should have stopped after Super Saiyan 2.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 12:06   Link #933
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Bought the movie on my PS4. I must say, surprised how much better the VAing is now.
Old 2014-10-15, 17:17   Link #934
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
I hope for 2015 we actually get a film. Battle of Gods was extremely disappointing when I saw it a few months ago or whenever it was. Toriyama and company really need to hammer out a solid plot and not make something that is essentially an hour and a half get-together at a party. Dragon Ball has never really been great for solid, tight storylines, but they can do much better than what was just released.
Personally, I'd prefer a series, even a mini-series, over a movie. DB movies can be fun, but they've never been good with developing the universe. Most of the time, they're not even canonical. A post-"Battle of the Gods" series could be fun.
Old 2014-10-15, 19:13   Link #935
dniv
Science is Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Personally, I'd prefer a series, even a mini-series, over a movie. DB movies can be fun, but they've never been good with developing the universe. Most of the time, they're not even canonical. A post-"Battle of the Gods" series could be fun.
The next movie has been confirmed to be canonical though...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:28   Link #936
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post

I'm guessing Frieza is the one that is going to be revived. And no more new transformations please. Enough is enough. Should have stopped after Super Saiyan 2.
Personally, I think they need to choose what they want to do: an epic, tension-filled type story a la the Android and Cell sagas... or a light hearted early (Pre-Piccolo) Dragonball style story. They tried to do both with Battle and it just didn't work. I don't mind Dragonball style stories, in many ways Dragonball was superior to DBZ, but "Super Saiyan God," the destruction of Earth, etc, don't really fit the early Dragonball atmosphere...

Now personally, I want the old DBZ back, I want Cell and the Androids level stuff, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll watch whatever they come out with...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 11:38   Link #937
dniv
Science is Romance

Am I one of the only few people who loved battle of the gods when I saw it in the movie theater? It was a lot better than many of the other movies... Though I probably still enjoyed Fusion Reborn the most out of all the movies.
Old 2014-10-16, 15:19   Link #938
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Am I one of the only few people who loved battle of the gods when I saw it in the movie theater? It was a lot better than many of the other movies... Though I probably still enjoyed Fusion Reborn the most out of all the movies.
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think it could be much better.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 22:46   Link #939
dniv
Science is Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I think it could be much better.
I completely agree with your statement.
Old 2014-10-17, 03:07   Link #940
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Personally, I think they need to choose what they want to do: an epic, tension-filled type story a la the Android and Cell sagas... or a light hearted early (Pre-Piccolo) Dragonball style story. They tried to do both with Battle and it just didn't work. I don't mind Dragonball style stories, in many ways Dragonball was superior to DBZ, but "Super Saiyan God," the destruction of Earth, etc, don't really fit the early Dragonball atmosphere...
Eh. Remember that the manga had already been progressing in this direction by the end anyway. Heck, the Boo-arc contained things far sillier than this movie. Need I remind you of Vegetto, the strongest piece of candy in the universe? Also on the whole I'd say BoG leaned much more towards early DB antics than it did towards epic drama. I mean come on, the last straw that makes Beerus snap is that he didn't get to eat pudding. Pretty much the only part where the movie tried to be genuinely dramatic and suspenseful would be at the very end of the battle... Prior to that, any honest serious moments were very deliberately undermined by just how silly everyone was acting. It's a bit hard to take the threat of the destruction of earth all that seriously when it's consistently phrased as "I'm gonna blow up the earth and then go home!"