AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-28, 18:02   Link #2861
JudeLee6
Burning Dragon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburgdragon View Post
Spoiler for Ougi:

Hopefully that was a little bit more clear
Thank you! I didn't mean to sound rude on my first reply. The whole monogatari story line is a mess in my head since i don't know Japanese. Also, what happened to Oshino Meme?
JudeLee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 01:49   Link #2862
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
As Pi-face suggested, I've been making summaries for the Monogatari Short Stories. I only have "Hitagi Throwing" so far. I'll work on the other ones whenever I have time. Below is the Wikia link:
http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki..._Short_Stories
Thank you!
Senjougahara showed her kindness, hidden behind a mask of popularity. Moreover prudent kindness, stuffed with cold spikes. How cute. And Kanbaru being rude. Kinda rare thing for her.
It was definitely better than I've expected.
And one question - Kanbaru is the narrator of this story, doesn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudeLee6 View Post
Thank you! I didn't mean to sound rude on my first reply. The whole monogatari story line is a mess in my head since i don't know Japanese. Also, what happened to Oshino Meme?
Read this thread from page 139, and you will see the whole picture.

Last edited by Pi-face; 2014-07-29 at 04:12.
Pi-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 14:45   Link #2863
Casarial

I just read synopsis at bakemonogatari.wikia (thanks a lot iceburgdragon )
And I have a question.
Spoiler:
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-31, 19:42   Link #2864
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casarial View Post
I just read synopsis at bakemonogatari.wikia (thanks a lot iceburgdragon )
And I have a question.
Spoiler:
In winter, that's after they meet.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 22:44   Link #2865
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Ougi was the one behind the conflict in the series? Ougi is Araragi's shadow?
Old 2014-08-08, 13:16   Link #2866
iceburgdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-face View Post
Thank you!
Senjougahara showed her kindness, hidden behind a mask of popularity. Moreover prudent kindness, stuffed with cold spikes. How cute. And Kanbaru being rude. Kinda rare thing for her.
It was definitely better than I've expected.
And one question - Kanbaru is the narrator of this story, doesn't she?

Read this thread from page 139, and you will see the whole picture.
Yes, Kanbaru is the narator
iceburgdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 15:51   Link #2867
iceburgdragon

Ok! I added Shinou House, Hitagi Neck, Tsukihi Eternal, and Karen Arm Leg to the short story article
I also added Tsubasa Board. It looks like the next series of short stories are all going to reference a novel
Old 2014-08-09, 02:20   Link #2868
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Ok! I added Shinou House, Hitagi Neck, Tsukihi Eternal, and Karen Arm Leg to the short story article
I also added Tsubasa Board. It looks like the next series of short stories are all going to reference a novel
Yeah.... Koyomi and Karen needs to fuck like now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 10:12   Link #2869
Casarial

Thanks for the synopsis
I hope you do rest of them some time soon
I am waiting for my artbooks, when I receive them I can send you stories which are inside of them.
I wonder if they make some OVA or something with those stories... Or if someone would translate them whole...
Old 2014-08-10, 15:21   Link #2870
iceburgdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casarial View Post
Thanks for the synopsis
I hope you do rest of them some time soon
I am waiting for my artbooks, when I receive them I can send you stories which are inside of them.
I wonder if they make some OVA or something with those stories... Or if someone would translate them whole...
No problem! Yeah, if you can send those to me that'd be great. I have no access to the raw short stories. Besides Baka-Tsuki, I don't know any other sites that does translations for this series.
But yeah, I feel like a lot of those short stories can be animated into a 5 minutes mini-episode that can be fit at the end of a main episode. That would be cool.
Old 2014-08-10, 18:28   Link #2871
iceburgdragon

I'm done writing up the summaries for all the short stories Pi-Face gave me. If you guys have any more scans, and want to know what they are about, let me know!

Reading all the short stories where they reference the literary fictions, I wonder if Nisio Ishin has actually read all of them. That would be pretty impressive.
Old 2014-08-11, 00:51   Link #2872
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
I'm done writing up the summaries for all the short stories Pi-Face gave me. If you guys have any more scans, and want to know what they are about, let me know!

Reading all the short stories where they reference the literary fictions, I wonder if Nisio Ishin has actually read all of them. That would be pretty impressive.
Thank you SO MUCH! This was very enjoyable to read ^^
I think yeah, he read them all. To make so much references one need to know the original to make them. So yes, it's most likely he read them all.

Nisioisin recommends us what to read through newspapers and Blu-ray's Oo Dat Nisio! Also short stories from Nisemonogatari Anime Guide Book were hilarious
But while reading these "recommendation stories" I can't help but wonder - from whose point of view they were told? Or there are just dialogues like in character commentaries for Blu-rays?

Last edited by Pi-face; 2014-08-11 at 02:58.
Pi-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 01:54   Link #2873
Rost-Light
Nonsense Bearer

Quote:

I really grateful for all your work! For a long time I wanted to find out what are those stories are about and now I really get a chance. just wow. amazing.
Thank you again.
I think NISIO really read all of this books. He likes to make a references to different kind of literature and to little known facts a lot. And he studied at the Literature Faculty for some time after all.
Rost-Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 09:24   Link #2874
iceburgdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-face View Post
Thank you SO MUCH! This was very enjoyable to read ^^
I think yeah, he read them all. To make so much references one need to know the original to make them. So yes, it's most likely he read them all.

Nisioisin recommends us what to read through newspapers and Blu-ray's Oo Dat Nisio! Also short stories from Nisemonogatari Anime Guide Book were hilarious
But while reading these "recommendation stories" I can't help but wonder - from whose point of view they were told? Or there are just dialogues like in character commentaries for Blu-rays?
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I should be thanking you for giving me the scans. I didn't even know they existed until you told me about them.
All the short stories were told from the perspective of the person who read the book. Hitagi Salamander for example was in Kaiki's perspective. I'll indicate that in the Wikia.
Old 2014-08-11, 12:08   Link #2875
iceburgdragon

I found an interesting short story that explains Shinobu's past before she became a vampire. It's called "Utsukushi Hime" (Princess Beauty) published in Anime Monogatari Series Heroine Book #3: Shinobu.

I was only able to find the scan for the first page so I couldn't read the whole thing. I did find a person who summarized the story in Japanese, so I added that story in the Oshino Shinobu Wikia article. If anyone happens to have a scan of the whole story, I would love to read it!

Wikia article with the part of Shinobu's past that I just added:
http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki...bu_Oshino#Past
Original site of the guy who wrote the summary:
http://shimaumashita.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-404.html
Old 2014-08-11, 12:35   Link #2876
iceburgdragon

lol oh wait, someone translated the story in Spanish
So I guess for anyone who knows Spanish?
http://otomegatari.wordpress.com/201...or-nisio-isin/

I wish I still remembered some of my high school Spanish
Old 2014-08-11, 14:33   Link #2877
Crossheart

That's not Spanish, itīs Portuguese
Crossheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 14:47   Link #2878
iceburgdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossheart View Post
That's not Spanish, itīs Portuguese
Crap you're right! I didn't look at the article too carefully, but that's not really an excuse for someone who took Spanish in high school. I am ashamed haha...
Old 2014-08-11, 16:37   Link #2879
Casarial

@iceburgdragon If you will wait around 2-3 weeks I will sent you scans I already booked Shinobu and Hitagi books. Now I'm waiting for restock of Tsubasa book and release of Kanbaru book (I heard it will be released with anime but can't find any confirmation).
Old 2014-08-11, 16:50   Link #2880
iceburgdragon

Ok, someone kindly gave me the scans for Utsukushihime so I have a more detailed summary now.
http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki...bu_Oshino#Past
It's a pretty disturbing story, but it doesn't explain how exactly she turned into a vampire

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, nishio, romance