Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-06, 23:58   Link #821
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Omega good job Jibril! Keep spreading the Gospel of NTR!

A nice conclusion to the Flugel mini-arc. Great to get a more in-depth explanation of why the Flugel seems to have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I suppose how Artosh was killed will be explained in the next volume. I do wonder how they managed to kill the forerunner for OTG while surrounded by his Flugel minions. Then of course the complete and utter lack of any written records of Imanity's involvement in the war...

Now the biggest question would be how in the bloody hell will they befriend the moon people when not even the #2 rank species can reach it!?
Front runner. Forerunner is either "someone who precedes someone else", a Halo species that existed before the Covenant, or a Toyota SUV (spelled 4RUNNER).
Old 2014-08-07, 00:23   Link #822
Rovert10

Quote:
Now the biggest question would be how in the bloody hell will they befriend the moon people when not even the #2 rank species can reach it!?
Time to cheat and bring out Apollo 11 from the original world encyclopedia?
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 01:02   Link #823
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I do wonder how they managed to kill the forerunner for OTG while surrounded by his Flugel minions. Then of course the complete and utter lack of any written records of Imanity's involvement in the war...

Ad Kill:
Was in the Chapter - artosh assembled all the Flügel + AvantHeim abd had them do one Giant Magic strike against the Ex Machima. The Ex Machima reflected it back though, presumably (as Azrael theorizes), while being ordered into it by the Imanity (they probably found out the coordinates or something like that) --> that strike killed him.

Ad how to Reach the Moon:
Build a space craft, (possible with help from the Eastern Federation).
There is also the possibility of getting help from the Eastern federation's Old God, since the anime already spoilered that there will be a game against him.

Another possibility is the Flügel Teleporting there.

its really only AvanatHeim that can't reach it because it is swimming on the spirits as if they are an ocean. The Flügel were already shown to be capable of only running on their own reserve spirits so thats not a problem; other than that Only space itself has no spirits, so the moon might have them.

The more important question is: Will they be able to breathe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Time to cheat and bring out Apollo 11 from the original world encyclopedia?
bad idea. Apollo 11 and its lander were made for the distance Earth-Moon as well as their specific gravitational force.
Using them on a random moon and on a planet whose gravvitational Pull they can only guess isn't a good idea.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 04:26   Link #824
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Front runner. Forerunner is either "someone who precedes someone else", a Halo species that existed before the Covenant, or a Toyota SUV (spelled 4RUNNER).
I'll take Halo species for 200! But appreciate the correction grammar police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ad Kill:
Was in the Chapter - artosh assembled all the Flügel + AvantHeim abd had them do one Giant Magic strike against the Ex Machima. The Ex Machima reflected it back though, presumably (as Azrael theorizes), while being ordered into it by the Imanity (they probably found out the coordinates or something like that) --> that strike killed him.
And the #6 Elves was barely able to deflect just ONE airstrike. You mean to tell me a lower ranked race was able to reflect a full powered starlight breaker? Obviously Artosh got done in by his own attack, but we never got HOW it happened.

Huh I stand corrected. At least as of now the ex-machina was only referenced as the one who murdered/assassinated Artosh. Guess I should confirm things first before responding.

Quote:
Ad how to Reach the Moon:
Build a space craft, (possible with help from the Eastern Federation).
There is also the possibility of getting help from the Eastern federation's Old God, since the anime already spoilered that there will be a game against him.

Another possibility is the Flügel Teleporting there.

its really only AvanatHeim that can't reach it because it is swimming on the spirits as if they are an ocean. The Flügel were already shown to be capable of only running on their own reserve spirits so thats not a problem; other than that Only space itself has no spirits, so the moon might have them.

Would be interesting if technology was used to resolve the issue, but I'm leaning more towards the magic side of things. I don't think Flugels can teleport there by pure line of sight, but I suppose if someone took a trip to the moon before it could happen. Flugel also can't fly without access to the elemental gallery. My memory is a bit fuzzy on the mechanics of NGNL magic, but doesn't it involve manipulating the gallery to affect change on the world?

And if Jibril can modify the teleportation spell she used in the previous volume, then I'm sure she can do the same this time around. The moon should at least be habitable given the race living up there.

Last edited by MonkeyDude; 2014-08-07 at 05:13. Reason: stuff
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 06:21   Link #825
Gun_Seraph

Quote:
You mean to tell me a lower ranked race was able to reflect a full powered starlight breaker? Obviously Artosh got done in by his own attack, but we never got HOW it happened.
Thou shalt find the answers that you seeketh in Volume 6.

From the spoilers in this forum I gathered:

Spoiler for Vol 6, I guess:

Spoiler for Tet Theory:

Judging from the recently released chapter on B-T:

Spoiler for Imanity:

But hey, that's just a theory ...

Also, from what I read in Volume 6 Ch. 1 on B-T:
Spoiler for Humans:

Last edited by Gun_Seraph; 2014-08-07 at 15:45. Reason: Correction in Vol 6 Spoiler
Gun_Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 08:18   Link #826
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Not a problem. Jibril has more than enough magic to handle it, and given that she's got [ ] to give her ideas and she's felt the same exact feeling herself thanks to Materialization Shiratori, even if there doesn't already exist a spell that will allow it, she can come up with one.
Old 2014-08-07, 09:14   Link #827
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
And the #6 Elves was barely able to deflect just ONE airstrike. You mean to tell me a lower ranked race was able to reflect a full powered starlight breaker? Obviously Artosh got done in by his own attack, but we never got HOW it happened.
Quote:
Ad Kill:

Actually...

Spoiler for Vol 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Seraph View Post
Thou shalt find the answers that you seeketh in Volume 6.

From the spoilers in this forum I gathered:
Spoiler for Vol 6:

Vol. 6 is really a good read, though substantially darker due to the subject. There were some Urobutcher level of suffering in there.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 09:24   Link #828
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
There were some Urobutcher level of suffering in there.
That's already apparent just from what little has been translated so far.
Old 2014-08-07, 11:45   Link #829
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Did someone say "Grail"? NGNL confirmed to be in Nasuverse.
Old 2014-08-07, 13:28   Link #830
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
*imagines Saber as a gambler*

*dies laughing*
Old 2014-08-07, 14:18   Link #831
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Actually...
I'd appreciate it if you quoted me in full as I corrected myself in response to erroneous information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Huh but NGNL doesn't have shonen heroes that repeatedly pull powerups out of nowhere for the GARness. Though I'm all for Jibril as Caster!
Old 2014-08-07, 14:33   Link #832
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
*imagines Saber as a gambler*

*dies laughing*
i'm seeing the red saber as gambler

*dies laughing*

but that kiss tho
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 15:59   Link #833
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Judging from the illustrations, I can imagine the method they will use to get the princess... and considering that it will probably be Shiro's idea, it seems even more likely to be what I think it is... it's a shame that Sora seems reluctant about it.

I feel bad for Steph and Izuna though... seems their search was kind of pointless in the end.
Old 2014-08-07, 17:10   Link #834
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I'll take Halo species for 200! But appreciate the correction grammar police!

Huh I stand corrected. At least as of now the ex-machina was only referenced as the one who murdered/assassinated Artosh. Guess I should confirm things first before responding.
No its not what I, want to tell you it is what Azrael wants to tell you - because that is exactly what she said ' the Spell was reflected' Also note that the ExMachima are also a God-Slayer race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Not a problem. Jibril has more than enough magic to handle it, and given that she's got [ ] to give her ideas and she's felt the same exact feeling herself thanks to Materialization Shiratori, even if there doesn't already exist a spell that will allow it, she can come up with one.

The problem is more whether magic even works up there, but as I said earlier we already saw Jibril 'working' fine in Space, so the probability that it does is high.

On the other hand you also have to question why the Flügel didn't go up there looking for the Old God in Avant Heim's stead then.

Quote:
Actually...

Spoiler for Vol 6:

Just citing what Azrael said according to the translation

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-08-07, 21:26   Link #835
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

May I just say that the Flugel were a really depressing bunch in the past near the end of the war.

EDIT: What's the word phrase that Sora used to end the game? It's untranslated on the BT version.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2014-08-07 at 21:36.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 02:19   Link #836
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
May I just say that the Flugel were a really depressing bunch in the past near the end of the war.

EDIT: What's the word phrase that Sora used to end the game? It's untranslated on the BT version.
It's translated read the whole line. Oh just checked it looks like they moved the translation down to an editor note because they weren't sure.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 02:53   Link #837
MonkeyDude

Quote:
No its not what I, want to tell you it is what Azrael wants to tell you - because that is exactly what she said ' the Spell was reflected' Also note that the ExMachima are also a God-Slayer race.
And I already acknowledged that Artosh got done in by his own attack and/or the ex-machina were referenced as his murderers/assassins. Could the two be related? Possibly, but it's rather hard to believe the #10 rank race can somehow reflect several Airstrikes combined into one attack when the #6 rank race can barely deflect one while suffering massive casualties. That's just me inferring what may or may not be possible based on the known (as of v5) power hierarchy in NGNL. Also, Azrael's statement lacks content. So all we can do so far (well can't comment on how much v6's translation has covered) is extrapolate on it.

They may be considered a God-Slayer race, but so are the Flugel and they can barely match toe-to-toe with higher ranked races despire their absurd combat capability. I think it's safe to say that the "Slayer" part may be overexaggerated as they won't be doing much direct combat against Gods?

Oh and just to add, not once did Azrael say it was in fact the Ex-Machina that reflected the attack. She said that the Ex-Machinae killed Artosh and that his attack was reflected. Oh sure you can deduce the two are related, but it was never explicitly stated. So yeah I'm not exactly sure which part of Azrael's statement you're citing there.
Old 2014-08-08, 07:01   Link #838
Biohazardous

Jibril <3 I look forward to more. [] is getting a nice little team going it is going to be awesome and sad when they show up in front of Tet again.
Old 2014-08-08, 12:29   Link #839
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
And I already acknowledged that Artosh got done in by his own attack and/or the ex-machina were referenced as his murderers/assassins. Could the two be related? Possibly, but it's rather hard to believe the #10 rank race can somehow reflect several Airstrikes combined into one attack when the #6 rank race can barely deflect one while suffering massive casualties. That's just me inferring what may or may not be possible based on the known (as of v5) power hierarchy in NGNL. Also, Azrael's statement lacks content. So all we can do so far (well can't comment on how much v6's translation has covered) is extrapolate on it.

They may be considered a God-Slayer race, but so are the Flugel and they can barely match toe-to-toe with higher ranked races despire their absurd combat capability. I think it's safe to say that the "Slayer" part may be overexaggerated as they won't be doing much direct combat against Gods?

Oh and just to add, not once did Azrael say it was in fact the Ex-Machina that reflected the attack. She said that the Ex-Machinae killed Artosh and that his attack was reflected. Oh sure you can deduce the two are related, but it was never explicitly stated. So yeah I'm not exactly sure which part of Azrael's statement you're citing there.
Well considering how the EX Machima are the other god slaying race, (and also the only other one confirmed to have killed one). The ranking only refers to magical capabilities btw, not to numbers or physical strength. You technically don't need to use magic to do that btw, you could as well use a piece of technology they invented.

Old 2014-08-08, 17:36   Link #840
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Well considering how the EX Machima are the other god slaying race, (and also the only other one confirmed to have killed one). The ranking only refers to magical capabilities btw, not to numbers or physical strength. You technically don't need to use magic to do that btw, you could as well use a piece of technology they invented.
And to a world that's pretty much defined by magic, the hierarchy is a pretty damn good indicator of a race's overall strength. Even the pinnacle of physical capability that can break the laws of physics is a mere 15th rank since magic can more or less neutralize that advantage. As for numbers? Well one Flugel with a headache nearly wiped out the capital of the Elves just cause she bumped her head. Of course NGNL shows that strength and power is not the end all be all, but the difference between Living Beings and Life is rather astronomical.

I'm all for making conjectures, but please don't state them as a matter of fact. The only thing known so far is that Artosh had his attack reflected, the Ex-Machina are considered his murderers/assassins, and evidently the Ex-Machina is another race created by the Old Deus (which iirc is pretty much every race since only the Imanity evolved from...something?) and they are considered God Slayers. The all important HOW is still missing so yeah not much to go with. That HOW could be technology from the Ex-Machina, but that remains to be seen.

Of course there's the spoiler you all but ignored that refutes your theory. And let's not forget that Azrael's statements implies that she knows the bare minimum. Which would make sense as she was against the UNKNOWN that defeated her master and spent the last 6000 years trying to figure out what the hell actually happened. It would not be surprising if only TET knows what actually happened and therefore we have Volume 6.

Tags
harem, light novel, move to ln (mf bunko j), pure love story