Notices

Old 2014-07-23, 13:51   Link #1861
hamazura
whatever

the amount of finalist in hunter exam O_O
and where is tonpa?
Old 2014-07-23, 14:21   Link #1862
marvelB

So the monkey is the mole...? Well, at least it seems we DO have confirmation of a traitor, though. Also, I like how that one prince was just casually wrestling with a freaking lion while chatting on the phone. So I guess this guy is like Uvogin 2.0 or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This is probably it, which is why he should've gotten someone else to draw the manga for him long ago.
I dunno, I really don't feel it's right for an author to rely on a different artist, especially if the author's own art style is very distinctive. It's like abruptly switching to a knock-off brand of your favorite food product when you were accustomed to the original for so long, I think. It might taste similar, but it'll never give you the same satisfaction as the original.....

And for the record, this is why I was always uncomfortable with the idea of Oda's assistants taking over One Piece for him whenever he's on HIS breaks. They just wouldn't be able to capture the spirit of his art, no matter how talented they are.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 14:26   Link #1863
hamazura
whatever

hxh is so heavy for 1chapter/week shounen i think.
Old 2014-07-23, 22:03   Link #1864
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

You know I'm starting to get angry at Kanzai's shit. I mean he's constantly angry he needs to get that sand out of his vagina.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:14   Link #1865
@GEMC

Looks like this arc is focus to kurapika and leorio, we wont see Gon and Killua many chapters given how long chimera ant arc is.

I wonder how powerful Gon will be after his power return?
Old 2014-08-06, 12:38   Link #1866
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are they all (the princes) male? Some of them look female.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2014-08-06 at 12:59. Reason: grammar
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 12:53   Link #1867
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Are they all the princes male? Some of them look female.
No, some of them are actually princess, but was all referred as "prince" because their gender doesn't matter, both male and female can become the next king.
Old 2014-08-06, 13:38   Link #1868
amasposu

What will the anime do about all those nipples?
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:52   Link #1869
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised it was even published in Jump in the first place, given how afraid of nipples they are. Togashi probably told them they were something else, but no matter how I look at it, those are ugly tits.

The princes are all going to have automated stands. Getting the eyes back from the 4th Prince isn't going to be easy for Kurapika, assuming these stands will be anything like the ones in Jojo.
Old 2014-08-06, 14:53   Link #1870
marvelB

So the king of Kakin has a stand that's essentially a vagina monster with overgrown nipples..... okay.

Actually, aren't those sacred beasts or whatever basically like those nen creatures we've seen in some past arcs? Like the one Pitou had in the ant arc or the one that the curse removal guy from GI had? That's what they kinda remind me of, anyway. Anyway, I can't even begin to imagine what kind of nasty creature the villainous prince is in possession of, considering how sadistic he's been implied to be.....

Also, I rather liked the explanation of Saiyuu's ability. And how fitting it is that it's even monkey-themed, too (and the three wise monkeys at that)! But since I still sorta think it's possible that Saiyuu may be a red herring, I do hope we learn more about the rest of the zodiacs' abilities soon....
Old 2014-08-06, 15:53   Link #1871
Ryuga

Hunter keeps getting more and more depraved lol. The King's Beast looks nuts.

So basically, the abilities are kind of like inherited Nen? And that head amongst all the Scarlet Eyes.....if that's a clan member, Kurapika will go insane.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 15:58   Link #1872
hamazura
whatever

pairo severed head behind 4th prince? nice, berserk kurapika incoming
Old 2014-08-20, 10:13   Link #1873
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No chapter this week. Togashi is going on another two weeks break. Surprisingly, the reason was disclosed this time: severe back pain.
Old 2014-08-20, 14:30   Link #1874
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Surprisingly, the reason was disclosed this time: severe back pain.

Or so he claims.....

All kidding aside though, at least they actually gave a clear excuse this time around. Frankly, I doubt there would be as many complaints about his breaks if they didn't stick to vague explanations like "health reasons" (at the very least, I wouldn't complain). Hopefully, this is a sign that we'll get less vague reasons for his future breaks, as well....
Old 2014-08-20, 18:22   Link #1875
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No one who's ever suffered serious back problems would mock Togashi for this. The idea of trying to draw a weekly manga serialization while suffering back issues is truly preposterous. It impacts every facet of your life, including trying to sleep.

If indeed Togashi has a chronic back problem, it could certainly explain his hiatus issues. As to why he wouldn't have just said so I wondered about that too, but maybe it really is just that Japanese "suck it up" mentality where it's better to just say nothing than to admit a weakness. Objectively anyone can see it would have been better to just say up front what the problem was, if indeed a serious back ailment was the problem.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 03:37   Link #1876
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As someone who has a (minor) backache as we speak, I can totally feel that guy. When I say 'minor', I do mean 'hurts like fucking hell'.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 03:47   Link #1877
Breimoon

Personally i don't think all his hiatus have to do with backpain. Maybe this time's but not all the previous ones.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 07:07   Link #1878
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No one who's ever suffered serious back problems would mock Togashi for this. The idea of trying to draw a weekly manga serialization while suffering back issues is truly preposterous. It impacts every facet of your life, including trying to sleep.

If indeed Togashi has a chronic back problem, it could certainly explain his hiatus issues. As to why he wouldn't have just said so I wondered about that too, but maybe it really is just that Japanese "suck it up" mentality where it's better to just say nothing than to admit a weakness. Objectively anyone can see it would have been better to just say up front what the problem was, if indeed a serious back ailment was the problem.
Nah, it's Togashi's own problem anyway to let himself lurking in hiatus for around 30% a half of Hunter X Hunter output time which in total around 4 to 5 years of Hunter X Hunter series. There are speculation that Hunter X Hunter may not be able to finished and kicked out from Shounen Jump if Togashi went on hiatus for more than at least a month or so again.

He was written as the most popular author on hiatus more than a year two times on famous manga history. None of top 10 popular manga was on hiatus more than a year, Hunter X Hunter is number one on hiatus more than a year and it was confirmed just by the release date itself.

Odachi from one piece was older than Togashi but he never make a hiatus more than a month at any reasons.

Last edited by Ramero; 2014-08-24 at 20:17.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:36   Link #1879
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not up to you to decide what is a good reason to go on hiatus and what isn't. It's not like he owes anything to you.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 10:34   Link #1880
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The hiatus is extended. No chapter next week either.

Tags
overpowered villain