AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-08-30, 12:37   Link #6221
The Green One

This is getting....weird....
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 15:13   Link #6222
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Am I correct to assume that Minnie had M for...muscle? o_0
Old 2014-08-31, 01:00   Link #6223
DorkingtonPugsly

Aside from the weird chapter we have vol. 64 coming out and 65 in oct.

Old 2014-08-31, 05:25   Link #6224
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Am I correct to assume that Minnie had M for...muscle? o_0
Not quite, she's Sternritter P (Power), which comprises of monstrous strength. Now she's gonna show her true form, hope her shiny new uniform can contain her awesome power, lest she suffer a wardrobe malfunction. ^^;; We'll see.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:27   Link #6225
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Aside from the weird chapter we have vol. 64 coming out and 65 in oct.

This guy definitely does not deserve to be on the cover
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 13:44   Link #6226
Slayerx

Quote:
He just has to realize that it's okay not to give everyone attention in every single arc That being said, I always liked bleach for its school setting and the characters around it (had a somewhat persona feel to it with the zanpakuto and stuff), but since the highlight of the story is presently a war, a single villain can be strong enough to eliminate a group of seasoned shinigami - except zero squad members...maybe.
I think the problem is that he's gotten accustomed to upping the ente'. After you save the world doing anything less seems like a step backward, meaning you have to keep saving the world. But any threat to the world is gonna warrant the attention of the entire SS which has become a very large and varied cast. It creates a catch 22; you either give everyone development and create an arc that's 300 chapters long, or you skimp on development to make sure things end relatively quickly... either way, its gonna suck

Kubo should have tried to keep threats on a smaller level; something large enough to get other captains involved, but small enough that most of SS would not have to get involved. This would allow him to create reasonably paced arcs that also showcase and develop all of the characters involved.

Frankly, if he was gonna make a war, he shouldn't have made it just ONE big battle, but make more like an actual war... multiple small battles over the course of multiple days/weeks of time that resolve in one big final confrontation. Each small battle would have its own goals that are someway relevant to the ultimate goal of victory; and thus each small battle could be treated like an arc in and of itself.

A decent example would be the Arrancar battles that occured before Ichigo and his crew went to HM. They were part of Aizen's overall war on SS, but they were far enough removed that they felt like their own small arc... More of that. It would help brake up the war enough so that it doesn't feel like things are dragging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Well, atleast the volume title is accurate
Old 2014-09-02, 07:13   Link #6227
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Yeah I would've preferred Kenchan since he's not gotten a cover since vol.13...

65 will most definitely be Giselle.
Old 2014-09-03, 17:17   Link #6228
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
He just has to realize that it's okay not to give everyone attention in every single arc That being said, I always liked bleach for its school setting and the characters around it (had a somewhat persona feel to it with the zanpakuto and stuff), but since the highlight of the story is presently a war, a single villain can be strong enough to eliminate a group of seasoned shinigami - except zero squad members...maybe.
For story's sake, I'm pretty sure Ywach and co probably took out the RR. Or at least some of them before Ichigo and co arrive.

Obviously the zombies/Pepefied ones will be revived somehow but shit, Kubo can seriously kill off the Vizards and Matsumoto now for all I care.

Mayuri = best shinigami overall. Only shinigami that has SLAAAYYYED this entire arc and stayed smart while everyone got the stupids.
Old 2014-09-04, 07:05   Link #6229
DragoMuseveni
Shadow Realm Ruler

Send a message via Yahoo to DragoMuseveni Send a message via Skype™ to DragoMuseveni
Kubo is right now into zombie mode . Turn everyone in zombiees .
I hope we get faster the Ywach vs Ichigo Fight . And also ichigo bankai
Old 2014-09-04, 07:10   Link #6230
Death Usagi
Death by Re

More like, when the hell did they all turn into Zombies...?
Old 2014-09-04, 07:26   Link #6231
ImperialFlameGod8190

This guy pepe makes Charlotte Culhorn seem normal and thats hard to do. Bleach is becoming almost unreadable
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 08:37   Link #6232
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

They didn't turn Shinji into a zombie because he would tell everybody the Quincy's moves XD
Old 2014-09-04, 09:58   Link #6233
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so it's a zombie party now...
It's starting to getting lame and boring...

finish them, Byakuya!

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 09:59   Link #6234
Mangs1337

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve gone from looking forward to each new chapter, from almost forgetting to read them.

The way the arc is going right now has just killed all my interest. The last few chapters have all been so freaking weird and out of context I don’t even know what’s going on anymore. There’s battles being won off-screen, zombies of people we didn’t even saw getting killed, zombies fighting captains, Sternritters fighting arrancars, charmed vice-captains fighting captains, everything suddenly just became a huge mess of fights with no real objective.

I think the big thing that ultimately kills my interest off is the fact that this entire war will be decided by one single battle, and that is Ichigo vs Bach. I’m slightly interested in seeing Ishida’s involvement in the plot, and I’m sure whoever fights Hashwalt will get a tough battle, but in the end the other fights aren’t really relevant, because if Ichigo can kick Bach’s ass, then there’s nothing preventing him from returning to SS and simply wiping out the rest of the Sternritters.

The vice-captains, who are actually some of the more interesting characters in Bleach, have absolutely no purpose at all in this entire arch besides being fodder, and it’s so bad that some of the captains are filling this role too.

In the arrancars-arc, many vice-captains got the time to shine thanks to the fraccion being introduced, and during the battle of Karakura town, 4 vice-captains were actually given very important strategic missions (protecting the pillars), making their fights seem both meaningful and important, while the captains fought the real battles in the centre. This is what I’m missing from this current arc, there’s no strategic objectives, just a slugfest to the death, a death match between two sides.

On top of that, we get told that “it really doesn’t matter who lives or dies” because Juha Bach gets stronger by all the deaths anyway, even further reducing the importance of these fights.

I wanted to see the bankai’s we have all been waiting for (Shuhei, Ukitake, Hisagi). I wanted to see vice-captains grow (and not just Renji). I wanted to see Chad and Inoue in battle again and actually mattering. I wanted to see Grimmjow, who was teased early on in the arc, but now just forgotten.

It feels to me like Kubo simply doesn’t have a plan for this arc. He just sits down every week and draws whatever comes to mind, and he forgets his previous chapters just as easily as he starts on new ones, leaving loose threads and unanswered questions. I’ve lost so much respect for him as an artist, because Bleach used to be my favorite manga of all times, and it’s sad to see it reduced to this.
Mangs1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 11:36   Link #6235
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs1337 View Post
Over the past couple of weeks, Iíve gone from looking forward to each new chapter, from almost forgetting to read them.

The way the arc is going right now has just killed all my interest. The last few chapters have all been so freaking weird and out of context I donít even know whatís going on anymore. Thereís battles being won off-screen, zombies of people we didnít even saw getting killed, zombies fighting captains, Sternritters fighting arrancars, charmed vice-captains fighting captains, everything suddenly just became a huge mess of fights with no real objective.

I think the big thing that ultimately kills my interest off is the fact that this entire war will be decided by one single battle, and that is Ichigo vs Bach. Iím slightly interested in seeing Ishidaís involvement in the plot, and Iím sure whoever fights Hashwalt will get a tough battle, but in the end the other fights arenít really relevant, because if Ichigo can kick Bachís ass, then thereís nothing preventing him from returning to SS and simply wiping out the rest of the Sternritters.

The vice-captains, who are actually some of the more interesting characters in Bleach, have absolutely no purpose at all in this entire arch besides being fodder, and itís so bad that some of the captains are filling this role too.

In the arrancars-arc, many vice-captains got the time to shine thanks to the fraccion being introduced, and during the battle of Karakura town, 4 vice-captains were actually given very important strategic missions (protecting the pillars), making their fights seem both meaningful and important, while the captains fought the real battles in the centre. This is what Iím missing from this current arc, thereís no strategic objectives, just a slugfest to the death, a death match between two sides.

On top of that, we get told that ďit really doesnít matter who lives or diesĒ because Juha Bach gets stronger by all the deaths anyway, even further reducing the importance of these fights.

I wanted to see the bankaiís we have all been waiting for (Shuhei, Ukitake, Hisagi). I wanted to see vice-captains grow (and not just Renji). I wanted to see Chad and Inoue in battle again and actually mattering. I wanted to see Grimmjow, who was teased early on in the arc, but now just forgotten.

It feels to me like Kubo simply doesnít have a plan for this arc. He just sits down every week and draws whatever comes to mind, and he forgets his previous chapters just as easily as he starts on new ones, leaving loose threads and unanswered questions. Iíve lost so much respect for him as an artist, because Bleach used to be my favorite manga of all times, and itís sad to see it reduced to this.
PREACH IT.

The minute I realized that Kubo had no absolute interest in anyone not named Ichigo, Byakuya or Kenny this arc was when I realized that none of my faves will get a chance to shine.

This arc could've been epic but once again, Kubo proves why he's the worst mangaka around, which sucks hard because some of these characters like Ishida, Rukia, Urahara and Yoruichi were some of my alltime favorites. Now it's pretty likely that none of these characters will probably wind up getting a happy ending.

And yeah...no point in being invested when we all know that only Ichigo/Ywach matters. The nakama will just be used as cheerleaders/emotional support.

Now I seriously want Mayuri and Aizen to team up and just kill everyone off.
Old 2014-09-04, 11:39   Link #6236
itachi-san314

is Kubo torturing us on purpose? bleach is starting to feel almost sadistic against the readers
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 11:43   Link #6237
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

All I know is that after seeing Granpa Pepe in his undies with his diaper seriously looking like he's about to take a dump, it's time for me bail.
Old 2014-09-04, 12:00   Link #6238
dazo
english for dummies level

Quote:
The minute I realized that Kubo had no absolute interest in anyone not named Ichigo, Byakuya or Kenny this arc was when I realized that none of my faves will get a chance to shine.
personality i only care for ichigo..i dong give a f*ck about soul society ( too much time..i don't care anymore )

i was expecting a revolution of normal soul..that was a sub plot..and the "forced disappearances" in the start of this arc was great

Quote:
Kubo proves why he's the worst mangaka around, which sucks hard because some of these characters like Ishida, Rukia, Urahara and Yoruichi were some of my alltime favorites. Now it's pretty likely that none of these characters will probably wind up getting a happy ending.
idk, when kubo want to write something good he can make something "great".

he have a nice touch for "gore" with some "emotional problems" in some of his arcs....and lets not forget some philosophical speeches......but ...the filllers....damn you fillers...

Quote:
Now I seriously want Mayuri and Aizen to team up and just kill everyone off
yes.
well i expect a nice plot hole with aizen bankai that can create a lot of different endings.
because a kubo ending , in his actual state (jump why...) is a no

about this chapter.

filler..just filler.....

hisagi almost made it, byakuya want(considerer) break his new sword...*why would you think/do that?*, zombies vizard.....*sigh* just meat-bags...
..and that "cherubim" ....no...this is a rotund no....filler
Old 2014-09-04, 14:18   Link #6239
ChampDream
Alive

too Boring, it just creepy and with a lot of Zombies
Old 2014-09-04, 14:44   Link #6240
rladls2121

I'm sure Byakuya is mentally suffering while still holding onto his serious face.
He just overcame his fear, I don't know how he can overcome this ugliness though.

These love-controlled shingami and zombie-controlled shingami are.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter