AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-06, 22:59   Link #1
animan430

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

I have always loved Hayao Miyazaki films like Castle In The Sky Laputa and Princess Mononoke, I even love Future Boy Conan, but the one movie of his that I've always wanted to see was Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind) I've tryed searching for a torrent of it somewhere but I can't find it. I know that in the 80s New World Video licenced it but released it in an extremly eddited form called Warriors ofthe Wind. I'm not gonna take the time ot even watch that version but I would love to see the real movie. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 2003-11-07, 00:44   Link #2
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

I think the Japanese DVD has english subtitles. Imports are expensive, but until Disney decides to do something with their license it's at least one way (If you can get around the DVD region encoding that is).
Old 2003-11-07, 01:00   Link #3
Esperchld
Photographer

The Japanese DVD has English subs on it. Disney has the rights to ALL of miyazaki's work. I can tell you though that if you have read the manga the movie is a disapointment, but it is still a really good movie. DVD here is supposed to be out in December.
Old 2003-11-07, 01:54   Link #4
Mcgreag
Gunnm junkie

The DVD will be released on nov 16th, the collectors box (which I have preorded) have been delayed until dec 5th. The normal edition costs 4700 yen = 43$ plus shipping (from cdjapan the shipping is very low). For what you get for your money I don't consider that very expensive (but as I said I orded the collectorsbox for 24800 yen = 225$ so maybe I am not one to judge prices :-) )

And as Esperchld said ALL ghibli movies are licenced by disney. They are even working on a new english dub with Patrick Stewart and Uma Thurman (possibly Natalie Portman too but that hasn't been confirmed).
Closed Thread