AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 02:10   Link #461
molitar

Guess it shouldn't be SOS Brigade but SOS Posse!

Now is anyone scanlating this manga out there? Isn't that Saturday's Hairstyle that they showed and hmm commenting he really would like to see Sunday's hair style since Saturday was so wacky?

Well I hope you all like my avatar this show was worth the effort I put into it. I chose the various hair styles since it really shows just how strange of a girl she is. Since I wanted to get her entire upper frame into the avatar I had to do alot of magnetic lassoing and pasting her into a filled in background that I had to patch up. Took me couple of hours but I'm really happy with it Since the original frames were not the same she tended to jump from right to left so took a bit of time to create the edited background and mask to keep her from moving around alot.

Now for those other avatar makers out there what gif software are you using that does the frames? I haven't played with gifs in a long time so I don't know what is a good gif software to use now. And man I have respect for avatar makers on these forums such a small image size and file size on these forums here I haven't seen such strict avatar restrictions on many forums I frequent as this one. End up having to clip out 10 of her hair frames Oh well I was able to fit 15 of the 25 frames.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 02:55   Link #462
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophismata
Started to collate the images, gifs, and links provided into an SOS団 images thread.
Excellent Sophismata! This topic has became a "little" crowded and has started to lose a proper focus. Don't worry about mine I'll recollect them all myself.

But now I have a question... probably I miss the reply, if there is one, in one of those 24 (24!) page, but I was wandering if I'm the only one who doesn't know the real name of Kyon. I re-check the second ep but I still can't find it.

P.S.: Very nice work Molitar, probably the majority of AS giffer are using Imageready but as for me I don't have it so I work with what I have at hand (mostly freeware or shareware). And I don't find AS so strict but the forums I usually frequent are usually around 30 kb limitation
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:05   Link #463
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
But now I have a question... probably I miss the reply, if there is one, in one of those 24 (24!) page, but I was wandering if I'm the only one who doesn't know the real name of Kyon. I re-check the second ep but I still can't find it.
I don't read the novels, but I think Kyon probably doesn't have a name, perhaps for reasons only the novel readers know about.

I was gonna post some pics and stuffs, but [Woland]'s probably right about it being a little crowded. So I'm gonna post it in the image thread instead.

@molitar:
Good job on the avatar.
The 50kb limit can be a pain, but I just take it as a challenge.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:06   Link #464
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Our post counts have gone beyond Fate/stay night ladies and gentlemen)

Kyon is known just as that, Kyon, I can tell you that much!

(Just read a little of vol2 and I can tell you... I can HARDLY contain my excitement over this series now. Heads will roll faster, than SHUFFLE! in this one! Best of all, it comes complete with sane, logical deadpan commentaries from Kyon.)
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:06   Link #465
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
I don't think anyone knows Kyon's real name. Which has set off numerous speculative posts about Kyon's identity/non-identity/existence/non-existence. Not even mentioned at all in the 1st novel though Sushi-Y and co. will have to confirm whether it doesn't appear at all in all 7 of them.

edit: crap everyone else and their grandma beat me to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
(Our post counts have gone beyond Fate/stay night ladies and gentlemen)(Just read a little of vol2 and I can tell you... I can HARDLY contain my excitement over this series now. Heads will roll faster, than SHUFFLE! in this one! Best of all, it comes complete with sane, logical deadpan commentaries from Kyon.)
Fear the S.O.S. Brigade! Agreed on the sentiment for the beginning of vol2. "ふざけんなっ!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
頑張って一気に四巻まで読んでみて。^^
えっ、一気に四券まで?徹夜してもできないよ、そんなの... まあ、今もう徹夜しているだけど...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:10   Link #466
dxgarten

This is Kyon. Does it remind you of a particular ED scene?

<----

I should also mention that 'Kyon' is sometimes used as a Cat name.

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-04-13 at 07:46.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 03:13   Link #467
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's kinda funny but are we becoming like SW fans camping out holding 'candlelight vigils' in cyberspace while we await the next chapter of the Haruhi saga?

This is perhaps the fastest thread on this forum in this season, if not ever. Nanoha A's did not go at this hectic pacing as I recall... nor did AIR. (Makes me really scared as to how bad Kanon TV Rev.2 will be when it hits BS-i this fall).

Kyon:

Muntiacus reevesi
(Reeves's muntjac)
Chinese Name: 山羌

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed...s_reevesi.html

Muntiacus reevesi has a native range that extends throughout the subtropical forests of southeastern China and Taiwan. It has also become established in England after being introduced at Woburn, England (located in the middle of Bedfordshire county) around 1900. Feral populations may also exist in France, where introduced individuals escaped gardens and zoos. (Chapman, Harris, and Stanford, 1994; Helin, Ohtaishi, and Houji, 1999; Nowak et al., 1983; Southern, 1964)

Biogeographic Regions:
palearctic (introduced ); oriental (native ).
Habitat

Muntiacus reevesi is a forest creature in its native country of China. It creates paths through the subtropical rainforests at moderate elevations, which is why it has been termed by some as a bush hugger. It was observed that muntjacs in general tend to prefer habitats near streams, but evidence of this preference is not strongly demonstrated in the literature for this particular species of muntjac. Chinese muntjacs will fight to defend a fairly specific territory, but males have been shown to tolerate the presence of a subordinate male in their territory so long as that male is not in rut.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:11   Link #468
Simon
気持ち悪い

Regarding pre-orders (since this thread's growing so fast the context got lost!) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
How does that work...you order them and when they come out you recieve them ... don't tell me all the ep have already been made and you can order them
Nope, they just publish the release dates and places like Amazon start taking pre-orders (there's a list of links to the DVDs and OP/ED singles here).

It's kind of odd though to list the whole series so early - usually Amazon only list the DVDs 3-4 months ahead. Maybe some bright spark in marketing has worked out it's easier to ensnare people while the series is still hot? And it's not just SHnY that's doing this, Strawberry Panic has DVDs listed out to Feb '07 too.
Old 2006-04-13, 05:39   Link #469
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Coming in a bit late, but I loved the series. *Waits for more and downloads manga*
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:18   Link #470
sophismata
いいえ

It is my belief that "Kyon" is only real sofar as it relates to Haruhi; I think Haruhi has created Kyon and that is why some details, such as his name, seem non-existant; the creation is not that deep.

Of course, it's just speculation on my part.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:34   Link #471
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophismata
It is my belief that "Kyon" is only real sofar as it relates to Haruhi; I think Haruhi has created Kyon and that is why some details, such as his name, seem non-existant; the creation is not that deep.

Of course, it's just speculation on my part.
I had the thought that maybe it's the other way around...

Spoiler for Just random speculation:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:38   Link #472
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
I had the thought that maybe it's the other way around...

Spoiler for Just random speculation:
That's another thought. We so need a thread for this...
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:33   Link #473
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Excellent comedy!

Looking forward for next episode
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 12:42   Link #474
Julius Firefocht

VICTORY! We finally have our own forum! ALL HAIL HARUHISM!
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 13:49   Link #475
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Hail Hail Haruhi!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 15:01   Link #476
Iron Maw
Banned

And it only took 2 episodes...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 15:56   Link #477
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Finally! After so many tries I got into this sub-forum! The withdrawal symptoms were excruciating! Haruhi-sama I missed you! T_T If the 'Evanescence of Suzumiya Haruhi' novel makes me feel anything like this I'm going to cry

In any case... Yatta! Haruhi has her own sub-forum! Which would suit her purposes just fine

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-13, 16:27   Link #478
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
And it only took 2 episodes...
Seriously! I have never seen an anime that just took that number of episodes, and then BOOM! Its popularity literally exploded!

Not that I'm complaining, but that's one hell of a phenomenon.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:30   Link #479
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Seriously! I have never seen an anime that just took that number of episodes, and then BOOM! Its popularity literally exploded!

Not that I'm complaining, but that's one hell of a phenomenon.
Its a veritable explosion of information on the internet caused by Haruhi. Oh so very fitting... You'll see what I mean...

Old 2006-04-13, 18:30   Link #480
Pakxenon
popcorn

Hmmm.... I was hoping this would continue to be it's own thread, then I can look at the total postcounts and views. I mean, Suzuka has a total (including wipeout) of around 133 pages and probably 200000 views.

We win! All hail Haruhiism! (2 i's... one is part of name, the other part of suffix)
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen