AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-15, 00:05   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The only thing I'll add is that Rin and Asa ignoring Kaede's breakdown made for good tragic drama --- they'd all been close friends for a long time and missing the clues of Kaede falling apart made for decent writing.

However, once they *knew* Kaede was falling apart, thats where both Rin and Asa stopped acting like the Rin and Asa we knew. Asa never even inquired about Kaede after Kaede's explosion - a person she almost raised. Rin, who had gone on and on about family and needing Primula home .. hardly even registers them on his radar as Kaede sinks into deep clinical depression and Primula is abandoned.

For Rin and Asa to act this way is just being jerked around by the writers and not true to their characters. The illusion that these are real characters and not just drawings was broken for many people. I blame the writers for lacking the skill to flesh out those episodes from the lame and spare game arc.

I enjoyed most of the Shuffle! series (you should hear me bitch about the Negima anime, a manga I dearly enjoy) but when some people don't pull their weight (in this case, the supervising writer and the Asa arc writer) - its really painful to think of all the other people who worked so hard ... the VAs, the other writers, most of the animators.
Old 2006-04-15, 03:57   Link #22
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
Asa was a bad influence on Rin *gets tons of flames from all the AAAs*
Hmm.. bad influence sounds so nice SeedFreedom, how about, Asa is a BITCH I like the sound to that better. I should always remind myself if I every make a friend like Asa to beat the Crap out of him so he doesn't stab me in the back and Rubs the girl I like head into his Dick area. >.<

Even though I dont really like Kaede, in fact she is annoying alot of the time, her character is a thosand times better then Asa. (talking about the anime)

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-04-15 at 09:03. Reason: short for now...
Old 2006-04-15, 04:07   Link #23
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
yeah unfortunately when rin start forgetting about Kaede the other victim is Primula.She have to watch kaede suffering ,watching kaede crying without tears.
And all of this is sooo cruel for me.
i bet people who watch Final approach can put akane as the same category as Primula in this case.

Old 2006-04-15, 09:31   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I love me some Final Approach.
Old 2006-04-15, 12:44   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I love me some Final Approach.
Final Approach kinda grew on me, i didn't like it at first.

Glad to see people are still discussing shuffle here.
Old 2006-04-15, 16:04   Link #26
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, I could have rehashed all the same old things we've all said about the Kaede part of Shuffle before, but Vexx already pretty much covered that.

I have to give Final Approach some love whenever someone else says they like it because it's pretty much universally hated and I thought it was pretty cute.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-04-15 at 19:33.
Old 2006-04-15, 17:12   Link #27
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well i never really participated in the original Kaede-Asa feud and it was still going on in a few other threads

i like final approch but a certain character annoyed the heck out of me
Old 2006-04-15, 18:15   Link #28
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh... no... suddenly I feel so tired... With a strange sense of deja vu...

I though the male lead in Final Approach was very good at first, but by ep 10, I had started thinking that Rin is not the bottom male lead of the century Oh well, at least ep 12 patched that a bit, but still, that one isn't close to THE Leads (Yukito, Rentarou, Kippei, etc).
Old 2006-04-15, 19:31   Link #29
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Was Rin ever not useless?
Spoiler:

Spoiler for minor Final Approach spoiler:

I think all male harem-leads are pretty much useless, including Rentarou. Unless giant fire spitting squids are on the agenda, and I'm pretty sure that's a once-in-a-lifetime thing. They're so useless I actually can't usually remember which one belongs to which series unless I check real quick before posting. I can't even figure out who Yukito and Kippei are (though Kippei sounds familiar, but not in a good I-liked-him sort of way).
I guess Keitaro was okay by the end of the Love Hina manga. Though if you suck for like nine out of fourteen volumes, I think that automatically qualifies you as pretty useless.
Old 2006-04-15, 19:51   Link #30
evil-samurai

School Rumble!! As soon as Harima knows there is a misunderstanding. (ep.1 second season) he does try to fix it, but the plot makes it so he cant and they keep on creating misunderstandings in the plot (which is why the show is so great)

Kippei isn't really a Harem lead, but a male lead. He was ok.. but really annoying at times, when (at times) trying to decide to look after his little cousin. I mean come on is it even a choice? You can get a girlfriend anytime, but she was just abandoned by her mum at 5! years old, you shouldn't have to have wondering.. thoughts. He is from Aishiteruze Baby, he is great! alot of the times, but not perfect, anyway.. love the post they are pretty much useless. oh! and Yukito is from AIR, but he really isn't a Harem! lead.
Old 2006-04-15, 21:01   Link #31
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, not only is Kippei not a harem lead, he's not even a shonen lead, but a shojo one (though I do actually like him, post baby). If I get to include shojo leads, than obviously Tohru Honda is probably one of the most useful harem leads ever.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:08   Link #32
Rin-Sama
Banned

What is this "Final Approach" you guys keep talking about?
Old 2006-04-15, 23:19   Link #33
rooboy
Umeboshi!

A different anime series.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:24   Link #34
Rin-Sama
Banned

well then you guys need to talk about it in it's own section and not here in the SHUFFLE section.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:24   Link #35
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
^ check this
Final approach: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/502.html

the male lead are pretty annoying from ep1 to ep11 then suddenly start liking him at ep12

about Futakoi Alternative:
and i must Rentarou is pretty good harem lead actually...
Spoiler for ed spoiler:

Old 2006-04-16, 03:15   Link #36
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFrame

about Futakoi Alternative:
and i must Rentarou is pretty good harem lead actually...
Spoiler for ed spoiler:
Yup, plus he didn't actually mess up and the way he was treating the twins was very nice. He didn't pretend to be goody-goody, from what I recall, he appeared almost totally useless, but he was good when it really mattered.

Well yes, Kippei is not a harem lead But he has a sort of harem since he was a playboy and all.

Spoiler for Final Approach:
Closed Thread