AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-04-17, 12:56   Link #1
clampfan

Question Explanation of Chad's and Inoue's powers?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find an existing thread on it.

Question: Is there a full explanation yet in either the anime or manga of Chad's and Inoue's powers?

I'm an anime-only person and it seems like the issue was just glossed over. I mean, Ichigo's powers make sense (he's a shinigami + plus other stuff) and so do Ishida's (he's a Quincy...it's in his blood). Inoue has talking hairclips or something? Chad just magically forms this arm thing? Both of them are humans, right? I didn't think plain old humans had powers. I'm so confused by this.
clampfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 13:01   Link #2
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Close contact with Ichigo? Maybe?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 13:40   Link #3
Grees
Ehhh

Both can see dead people, some are just more in touch of the netherworld. Some people are just like that, special, it's like seeing a talking corpse when no one else can see it, the talking corpse is there, but only they can see it.

Their reiatsu are overflowing, like a bucket where you have put too much mud in, it spill over, instead of it manifests itself into something silly as a sword, unconsciously they choose to be more original.

In this case hairclips come to life and black out armor arm, make perfect sense.

Actually it doesn't make sense at all, but who cares.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5038/greesart2ct.jpg
Grees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 13:59   Link #4
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by clampfan
(he's a shinigami + plus other stuff)
You basically said plus 2 times there, dude...

And yes, they got their powers because of contact with Ichigo. Which makes me pissed that Tatsuki didn't get any powers (plus, how did they get non-Shinigami powers from a Shinigami anyway? )
Old 2006-04-17, 14:00   Link #5
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

no Im quite sure neither of them could see ghosts before, it seems cause Ichigo is special close contact with him has caused Inoue and Chad to develope their own type of power.
dunno why chad's is his arm and Inoue's is her hairclips but it seems they are relevant to the character- Chad uses his fists only to protect but not himself so it kind of makes sense why its his fists and Inoue's clips are special to her because it was a gift and she always wears them so it also kind of makes sense.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 14:11   Link #6
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer
no Im quite sure neither of them could see ghosts before, it seems cause Ichigo is special close contact with him has caused Inoue and Chad to develope their own type of power.
dunno why chad's is his arm and Inoue's is her hairclips but it seems they are relevant to the character- Chad uses his fists only to protect but not himself so it kind of makes sense why its his fists and Inoue's clips are special to her because it was a gift and she always wears them so it also kind of makes sense.
Oh why didn't Tatsuki make special contact w/Ichgo... they're much closer to each other! And his sisters should get powers too, unless they already do somehow...

BTW, IchgoxTatsuki forever!!!
Old 2006-04-17, 14:36   Link #7
Ziv

they explain it in the anime as being exposed to ichigo's overflowing reitsu for so long.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 14:40   Link #8
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

What happens to Tatsuki and Karin below

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-17, 15:33   Link #9
Slayerx

well, how i read it is that they developed their powers through close contact with shinigami Ichigo, as well as strong ghosts and Hollows... while others have been in contact with Ichigo, contact with him while he's in his Shinigami form, as well as hollows and powerful ghost is much less frequent... at least no one has gotten the same level of exsposure that Chad and innou got

It seems like everyone is capable of have spiritual powers... all it requires is a high amount of spiritual power as well as an emotional/trained reason to manifest the power... If the reason is emotional then the power will manifest itself in a form most befitting to the person... for Chad, his armor reflects his brute strength, while for Innou it develops i the form of her hair pins, her most treasured items...

Also, when it comes to the quincy, other then above normal spitual energy, i think theres is nothing special about them... the only thing that seperates a human and a quincy is the training... in theory, you don't need to be born a quincy, just gotta be trained like one... Ishida used a trained method to manifest his power(instead of emotional), so he was able to choose the form, which for him is a bow and arrow, traditional for a quincy
Spoiler for manga:

Also makes me wonder about Don Kanonji's powers... he may have actually trained himself to be able to fire makes those little balls of energy... hey, it maybe weak, but it is another example of humans manifesting their power

So ya, i think anyone in the series can develop powers if they meet the needs to manifest it...

Tatsuki's energy seems to be growing gradually, since we know she is able to see ghosts, when she used to not be able to... if i had to guess, if given a desperate situation, her powers might end up manifesting themselves... i would guess that they would take the form of fighting gear...

Karin as well is developing a bit... i mean, for a human, she's gotten pretty good at taking on Hollows; those soccer ball kicks pack a punch... her powers too could manifest in the right situation; my guess in the form of a soccer ball or something...
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 17:08   Link #10
voldy18

According to Uruhara: "The power you were both born with... By coming into contact with Kurosaki Ichigo, it was pulled out of the depths of your souls, your natural powers!!"

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

voldy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 03:50   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, that took place in omake episodes at the back of the manga volumes. It is cannon.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:05   Link #12
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Karin has a kick@ss soccer-ball as her weapon. Although this isn't as sprightly or versatile as Ichigo's it still is a weapon and it still kicks ass.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:18   Link #13
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Also, when it comes to the quincy, other then above normal spitual energy, i think theres is nothing special about them... the only thing that seperates a human and a quincy is the training... in theory, you don't need to be born a quincy, just gotta be trained like one... Ishida used a trained method to manifest his power(instead of emotional), so he was able to choose the form, which for him is a bow and arrow, traditional for a quincy
I'd say they are special since Quincy powers are the opposite of any other beings powers. As I recall Hollows, Shinigami's all give off Reiatsu while Quincy's steal reiatsu which is why the Shinigami's wiped them out. The special properties of the Quincy seem significant enough to say something is different.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:28   Link #14
Novarain

Quote:
I'd say they are special since Quincy powers are the opposite of any other beings powers. As I recall Hollows, Shinigami's all give off Reiatsu while Quincy's steal reiatsu which is why the Shinigami's wiped them out. The special properties of the Quincy seem significant enough to say something is different.
Eh i don't think that's correct...

Shinigami: Uses a soul slayer to send hollows and wandering souls back to soul society.

Quincy: Uses their bow and arrows to destroy hollows.

I think it's due to the destruction of hollows that the Shinigami wiped them out. Something to do with the souls not being returned to soul society and thus screwing up the balance of both worlds...

Yeah right...
Novarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:01   Link #15
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Karin has a kick@ss soccer-ball as her weapon. Although this isn't as sprightly or versatile as Ichigo's it still is a weapon and it still kicks ass.
Well, a soccer ball has much more killing power than a hairpin, me thinks
Reminds me of a topic back there in the Lunar forums, where it went like "If you were a Bleach character, what would be your weapon?". Amazing ones like "Shovel" or "Paper clip" always made me laugh.

And personally, i don't like the way they explain their powers in the anime. It seems to fictional or too 'miraculous' to me. Maybe it goes further in the manga, but I'm not sure. I usually like things explained well, because when things just "happen" is not pleasing to me in any anime series. I know they explain that it's because of Ichigo's power, but come on. And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2006-04-18 at 08:16.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:20   Link #16
voldy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
The Quincy were wiped out because they were endangering the balance that exists between SS and the real world. A Zanpakuto does not destroy a Hollow. It cleanses the soul of their sins and sends them to SS, allowing them to be reborn in the future. A Quincy however can only destroy a Hollow, which means that the soul can never be reborn. Because of that the souls would only increase on the side of reality, which would mean that SS would spill over into reality. Therefore they decided to destroy the Quincy.

If I remember right, Ishida gathers spiritrons from the space around him and forms an arrow out of those with which he then shoots Hollows. Therefore he does not steal reiatsu.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by voldy18; 2006-04-18 at 08:30.
voldy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 08:44   Link #17
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.
I dunno, they seem to perfectly fit Inoue's personality to me. I don't think they are necessarily created by the mind (conscious or subconscious) of the person, I believe they are a reflection of their personality. Thus Chad's glove/shield thing that he's vowed to only use to defend others. Inoue's powers are centered on her desire to not fight but to be useful, and the fairy/flower bit is just typical Inoue weird/cute-ness.
Old 2006-04-18, 10:01   Link #18
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Reminds me of a topic back there in the Lunar forums, where it went like "If you were a Bleach character, what would be your weapon?". Amazing ones like "Shovel" or "Paper clip" always made me laugh.

And personally, i don't like the way they explain their powers in the anime. It seems to fictional or too 'miraculous' to me. Maybe it goes further in the manga, but I'm not sure. I usually like things explained well, because when things just "happen" is not pleasing to me in any anime series. I know they explain that it's because of Ichigo's power, but come on. And also, I can understand Chad's power, but Inoue's are just a mistery to me. Come on, even if her brother DID give her those hairpins, did she ever, uncontiously at least, imagine those faeries being created and taking the form of her pins? It's kind of odd to me.
too fictional?
so you want a scientific explanation of how they got their powers?
Like Ichigos body had a higher concentration of spirit power and since he had close contact with Chad and Inoue the spirit power diffused into them, going from a higher concentration to a lower concentration?

I don't think there is ever gonna be a detailed explanation tuff break
Old 2006-04-18, 14:08   Link #19
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:

They should just watch Rozen Maiden ... lol

Hey ... I like soccer-balls as weapons. Sensui (sp?) of Yu Yu Hakusho has a black one that he uses to beat up the guy with the ray gun ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 15:36   Link #20
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, that took place in omake episodes at the back of the manga volumes. It is cannon.
Does everything need to be in the manga to be canon?

...no. Anime=/=manga.