Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-26, 13:34   Link #4861
nero12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Spoiler for (`・ω・´)”:

Chinese translators one upped me, sounds like I need to try harder.
That pic is more dangerous than any nuclear weapon!! *nosebleeds*
Old 2014-11-26, 14:10   Link #4862
HazeOfMisery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Well good possibility it was the manuscript, given Watari's penchant for early foreshadowing. Only odd thing about that would be how did kid Hayama have the sense and means to give a manuscript to kid Yukinon.
Everything probably leads back to Haruno somehow.
HazeOfMisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 14:37   Link #4863
dexecutioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by urek View Post
It can be original manuscript.
Spoiler for volume 3 chapter 4:

Wow, good find, man. Now things are getting more clearer. Watari is truly a great writer, that was 6 volumes ago haha

Btw just saw Big gangan (where one of the oregairu manga runs) and they're already in the end of volume 6. And second season will air next year, talk about coincidence... or was it planned all along?

Either way, I'm happy. I might snipe the Monologue back once they start doing volume 7 haha
The other group is so slow...
dexecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 15:18   Link #4864
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder91 View Post
-Best Illustrator with Ponkan 8.
Best Illustrator huh ???
Too Bad , The Anime kicked out his Illustration and replace it with crap art of an crap artist .
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-26, 20:48   Link #4865
Heat066

Light Novels and Anime/Manga related books

*1. 93,457 93,698 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Vol.10
*2. 37,163 37,163 Highschool DxD Vol.19
*3. 25,288 25,288 Tokyo Ravens Vol.12
*4. 16,024 16,024 Full Metal Panic! Another Vol.9
*5. 12,641 12,641 Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Vol.3

Oregairu starting strong.

Source: MyAnimeList.
Old 2014-11-26, 21:07   Link #4866
ninetysix

sorry for asking, could anyone tell me what's going on at vol 10? cause i can't look for the summaries. thanks for the help
ninetysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 21:30   Link #4867
Quol
That Guy

Spoiler for Chap 0-2:
Speaking of which the title of the book "No Longer Human" im not exactly sure what that is supposed to symbolize. If he started reading more into the book doesnt that mean he is going deeper into being no longer human?

Last edited by Quol; 2014-11-26 at 23:00.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 21:46   Link #4868
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Speaking of which the title of the book "No Longer Human" im not exactly sure what that is supposed to symbolize. If he started reading more into the book doesnt that mean he is going deeper into being no longer human?
For one thing, you shouldn't assume it's Hachiman. Because the other two later certainly don't give that vibe that it's him. Two of the three, Haruno, Yukino, and Hayama.

All different people perhaps. Perhaps not. 2deep4me
Old 2014-11-26, 22:07   Link #4869
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Well, No Longer Human is a novel about a man and his loss of morals, his quest to look for a meaning of life and his failure to find it in the long run, all while following a path that's described as less than human, so make of that what you will...
Old 2014-11-26, 22:16   Link #4870
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Probably Hayama. He reeks like the loli in Bungaku Shoujo who reads the same book

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 00:45   Link #4871
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
With 8man, ofc.

It'd be painful. For everyone.

No. No, no and no. Fanfiction writers are for that, Watari doesn't need to resort to such a sucker punch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
*cackles maniacally*
I post about Haruno being harmful with one hand and write a HikkiHaruno fanfic with the other. Irony is not lost on me, but promises are promises.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1085100...l-will-envy-us

Last edited by SomeChineseGuy; 2014-11-27 at 01:57. Reason: Haruno =_=. of course Haruno
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 00:54   Link #4872
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Well, No Longer Human is a novel about a man and his loss of morals, his quest to look for a meaning of life and his failure to find it in the long run, all while following a path that's described as less than human, so make of that what you will...
More like about the man who wasn't good at communicating with others and pretended to be a jester to hide his growing discomfort and disconnection.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-27, 02:46   Link #4873
HazeOfMisery

Quote:
I post about Haruno being harmful with one hand and write a HikkiHaruno fanfic with the other. Irony is not lost on me, but promises are promises.

How strange. I was just thinking that someone needs to write an AU fic where Yukino was never born. And where disillusioned Hikki meets Haruno. You can guess the pairing here
Old 2014-11-27, 02:52   Link #4874
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

From what I remember of the English translation of the book (it's been a awhile since I have read it) the literal translation of the title was along the lines of being disqualified from being human; so take from that what you will.

As for who the book is representing, well it doesn't really match Hachiman in my opinion. It was a book about a LOT of sexual trauma and the protagonist creating a mask to cover it up. Doesn't fit with 8man's MO.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2014-11-27 at 03:06.
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 12:19   Link #4875
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
As for who the book is representing, well it doesn't really match Hachiman in my opinion. It was a book about a LOT of sexual trauma and the protagonist creating a mask to cover it up. Doesn't fit with 8man's MO.
It's quite amazing how you took a not so significant point to bring up. What's with this Freudian point of view?

Quote:
More like about the man who wasn't good at communicating with others and pretended to be a jester to hide his growing discomfort and disconnection.
Understatement of the year. The man's totally incapable of comprehending how humans operate, unable to taste food, and has got huuuuge inferiority complex, and it's called 'being not good at communication'.

There's quite a few common points between them:

1) Lack of understanding of basic things, yet perfect observation skills cover it up. Slightly toned down in Hachiman's case;

2) Being unable to understand women. Well, yeah;

3) Feeling inferior to other folks.

Maybe some other stuff, but it's all I can think of on a minute's notice. Also, I pointed it out somewhere, but Hachiman stopped at Second Memorandum which means he didn't reach Uni stuff, only what happened during the protagonist's school years. Take at as you will.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 12:21   Link #4876
Heat066

Quote:

You said and you did, my respect. Now for my opinion on the fic:

Even though I would like to see a glance of how this pair would play out I just can't picture them together like this.

Also 8man was quite out of character, talking about surpassing the devil...but a good effort nonetheless, and you have my thanks for it.
Old 2014-11-27, 12:39   Link #4877
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeOfMisery View Post
Everything probably leads back to Haruno somehow.
Haruno is Ultimate Boss material if she did manipulate Hayama and Yukino that well, assuming she was pre-teen at that time.

And lo and behold seems like chapter 4 is done. Not the version everyone here wants though.

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 13:34   Link #4878
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
You said and you did, my respect. Now for my opinion on the fic:

Even though I would like to see a glance of how this pair would play out I just can't picture them together like this.

Also 8man was quite out of character, talking about surpassing the devil...but a good effort nonetheless, and you have my thanks for it.
Sorry, couldn't bring myself to write it more straightforward. Otherwise thanks for the review.
Old 2014-11-27, 13:49   Link #4879
HazeOfMisery

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't bring myself to write it more straightforward. Otherwise thanks for the review.
Pssstttt, write one where they first meet at the University or something. And how she is unable to bullshit Hikki like everyone else. I want to see some HNNNGGGG moments between them.

But yeah, it was pretty great. The setting was a little weird , but it was a very enjoyable read.
Old 2014-11-27, 14:36   Link #4880
Triok123

Quote:
Just read the fanfic, one question if don't mind.......are hikki and haruno been some higher up in militar stuff here?
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck