AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-04, 00:35   Link #41
Breogan
Umeboshi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Spain
Age: 35
Quote:
Well personally I feel that after watching these eps. Takayuki only really sees Mitsuki as "lets do it" "lets do it later" "lets do it today" "I can't do it" with the emphensis on nothing but sex.
When he was around Haruka, he was a happier person, so it seems. He seemed more "human" and seemed to be better.
Well, when he was with Haruka he wasn't recovering of an emotional trauma (probably verging on suicide) so he could afford being happy-happy.
When he started going out with Mitsuki he was bearing in his shoulders the sadness of the loss and the weight of the guilt, since he sees himself as the cause of her accident for being late.

Btw, that Star Trek parody at the end was pretty funny
Breogan is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 00:42   Link #42
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
But I really liked at the end how Haruka + Takayuki were both staring at the moon...

sorta leads on to something...
Yeah, they stare at the night sky at the end of the episodes just like in the ED sequence. I guess it's a kind of symbolism? Though I have no idea what it stands for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Well, when he was with Haruka he wasn't recovering of an emotional trauma (probably verging on suicide) so he could afford being happy-happy.
When he started going out with Mitsuki he was bearing in his shoulders the sadness of the loss and the weight of the guilt, since he sees himself as the cause of her accident for being late.
Yeah, also he seemed to have gotten pretty happy with Mitsuki during the three months after they decided to move together. So it was all because of guilt over Haruka and his inability to get over her before that... And after that when haruka wakes up.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 00:42   Link #43
Shift_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down Under
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
Well, when he was with Haruka he wasn't recovering of an emotional trauma (probably verging on suicide) so he could afford being happy-happy.
When he started going out with Mitsuki he was bearing in his shoulders the sadness of the loss and the weight of the guilt, since he sees himself as the cause of her accident for being late.

Btw, that Star Trek parody at the end was pretty funny
Yea that Star Trek Parody was like relating to "copyright violations" They had something like that in the first ep of Tsukihime where they had rolling text that was like "Distrubuting files on the internet is illegal, please dont do it etc..."

Because they were like "You can't say that or the people on the OTHER side of the OCEAN will..."

heh...
Shift_ is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 01:03   Link #44
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
I love the fact that they actually used Computer-Graphics for the ship.

It's pretty funny.

(And that was definately important, cuz I was pretty depressed after the episode.)

[I'm glad that the authors realize that the episode can really get views depressed, the short 'comedy' often helps alleviate the mood]

oh, not to mention no previews... that's EVIL.
eMpTy265 is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 01:29   Link #45
lordwu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yeah, they stare at the night sky at the end of the episodes just like in the ED sequence. I guess it's a kind of symbolism? Though I have no idea what it stands for...
It might have something to do with the "magic" they "casted" in episode 2. I'm guessing it will appear in the next episode again.
lordwu is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 01:40   Link #46
Xess
Go Suzuka!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Malaysia
Hrmm, doesn't Mitsuki mean full moon? This show sure gives the strangest clues...
__________________
Xess is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 19:55   Link #47
Green²
It's Magic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Up and to the Left
Age: 34
(Takayuki & Mitsuki)

I believe, as that Takayuki became further depressed, Mitsuki felt that she needed to refill Takayuki's prescription. This way Mitsuki's medicine would keep Takayuki stable until the previous sensei returns from vacation. Only, it seems that Mitsuki gave Takayuki too much of an prolonged overdose. And now Mitsuki & Takayuki are afraid of what could/will happen should the previous sensei find out.
Green² is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 20:04   Link #48
Wolfwood2970
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 27
ok ok This Episode of Kimi Ga Nozomu definently shows that Mitsuki isnt the Backstabbing person that most people think she is

After watching this i definently feel sorry for Mitsuki in many ways

(in my opinion the only thing that should be in the spoiler text thingy is if your talking about the game and what happened in the game and future episodes as opposed to this)

OK EVERYONE WHOEVER IS READING THIS IM ASSUMING YOUVE SEEN Episode 1-5 CONCIDERING THE NAME OF THIS THREAD!!!!

1. Well as you guys saw in episode 3ish the relationship between Mitsuki and Takayuki seems one sided where Mitsuki loves Takayuki (kinda reminds me about episode 1 how the relationship of Takayuki and Haruka was like at that moment) and the fact that it seems like Takayuki seems like he is using Mitsuki as a replacement (it still feels like a one sided love)

2. The fact that Mitsuki had to quit swimming and (in my opinion) did poorly in swimming because of the incident and so she had to quit and ended up working at this job she seems sad to work at

3. The fact that she is is seemed like the backstabbing person by Akane when in fact Mitsuki helped Takayuki significantly... If Takayuki kept on going like he was going after the accident im pretty sure he would of ended homeless and maybe dead

Anyways i dont think she is a backstabbing person because she said it herself that she felt wrong by confessing and such but at the situation they felt as if Haruka was never going to wake up...
Wolfwood2970 is offline  
Old 2003-11-04, 20:34   Link #49
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Iserlohn Fortress
Age: 31
Once again ...
this is entirely depended on your point of view ...

Mitsuki acts on her own feeling ... is it really wrong with that ??? There is no right or wrong in love. For those who are in love before you should know that hiding your own feeling is quite difficult. Every time when you meet the person you like, you'll have to put on a "fake" mask in your face to hide your feelings and pretend there is nothing going on. Mitsuki put on that mask since at the very beginning. Is it wrong to express your love to the that you like?

IMO
I still think using the word "backstabbing" to describe Mitsuki is a bit too strong. She only acts on her own feeling just like the rest of us, for we are all human beings.
144M_HYPERION is offline  
Old 2003-11-05, 16:23   Link #50
1stStrike
Pro Leecher
 
Join Date: May 2003
Mitsuki was also the name of the lead character in Full Moon wo Sagashite and yes it does mean Full Moon.
1stStrike is offline  
Old 2003-11-05, 16:30   Link #51
1stStrike
Pro Leecher
 
Join Date: May 2003
My thoughts on all this is that Takayuki, yes he's "weak" but then again consider the normal anime's you watch as well. He's not some super hero freak, he doesn't have a giant sword and he's not crazy. Takayuki is more of a normal person that real life people can relate to. I think that most of you would end up like him if you went through the same things. I can certainly relate to him on a lot of different aspects.

Mitsuki..she just seems desperate. She didn't really know what else to do, and after holding in all of her feelings for so long they just burst out and she couldn't hold herself together nor think straight anymore. Of course, not saying it was right to just throw herself on him though.

I'm looking forward to episode 6 of this series and I believe that it will certainly unlock a lot of things that we're all wondering about.

Also, anybody have a clue as to how long this series would be? It would be great if it was longer then 12 or 13 episodes. At the rate it's progressing though I don't see that happening.
1stStrike is offline  
Old 2003-11-05, 16:35   Link #52
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
14 episodes. Perfect length, if you ask me
Mentar is offline  
Old 2003-11-05, 16:40   Link #53
Breogan
Umeboshi
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Spain
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stStrike
Also, anybody have a clue as to how long this series would be? It would be great if it was longer then 12 or 13 episodes. At the rate it's progressing though I don't see that happening.
It's 14 episodes long.
Breogan is offline  
Old 2003-11-06, 02:18   Link #54
Yellat
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nor cal
Send a message via AIM to Yellat
i think that right now the characters are all no more then the vicitim of circumstance.
Yellat is offline  
Old 2003-11-06, 02:33   Link #55
tem
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down South
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Well personally I feel that after watching these eps. Takayuki only really sees Mitsuki as "lets do it" "lets do it later" "lets do it today" "I can't do it" with the emphensis on nothing but sex.
I'm glad I wasn't the only person who was bothered by this. I can't see much depth and feeling in Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship because of that. It seems to me as if he's using Mitsuki's feelings for him as a way of getting back on his feet. Dareisay a substitution for Haruka? I mean, when Mitsuki asked him if he loved her, he did take an awfully long time to answer. I, for one, think Mitsuki deserves better than that.

Takayuki seems still stuck on the past, on Haruka. Until he can get over the past and the fact that the past is IN the past, I really can't see him ending up with Mitsuki. At least, I hope not.
tem is offline  
Old 2003-11-07, 01:17   Link #56
wireless
Regular Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellat
i think that right now the characters are all no more then the vicitim of circumstance.
amen to that, therefore the only solution is more episodes
wireless is offline  
Old 2003-11-07, 02:45   Link #57
Lareolan
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Well personally I feel that after watching these eps. Takayuki only really sees Mitsuki as "lets do it" "lets do it later" "lets do it today" "I can't do it" with the emphensis on nothing but sex.

When he was around Haruka, he was a happier person, so it seems. He seemed more "human" and seemed to be better.

I still don't think Takayuki deserves any of them.
Well, you are right that their relationship seems more sexual than anything in ep. 3. But that can probably be attributed to the fact that their real emotions and feelings are still locked away behind all the guilt even all those years later.

Also, I was wondering why no one seems to have caught on or mentioned the significance of the ring. It doesn't just symbolize her flirting with her best friend's boyfriend, but remember that Takayuki was running late for the date? She was still waiting for him when she was hit. And to make matters worse for Mitsuki, it was her flirting and asking Takayuki to buy her the ring that caused him to be even more late. Both of them also would have that hanging over them that had Takayuki not been late, this would not have happened. I don't know, maybe I'm reading a little too much into things, but I know sure as heck I would blame myself if something like that happened (From both of their perspectives). Added to that all the other tortures they put themselves through and you have a pair of very messed up teenagers.

Everyone keeps saying how it was wrong of Mitsuki to throw herself at Takayuki like that. Well, there is no such thing as right and wrong. Had there been such a thing, there would be no need for lawyers. Right and wrong are not absolutes, they are highly affected by circumstance and in that circumstance it wasn't the "wrong" thing to do. Not the correct thing to do maybe, but not wrong. I can understand all of their feelings pretty well. I know I would have reacted in much the same way had that happened to me. (Maybe I'm a little bit too much like Takayuki, I keep finding these little personality similarities that are a bit frightening). Takayuki was in a very vulnerable state, and so was Mitsuki. I do not think that was love even though they said the word "love" in that scene. I mean, it's true that Mitsuki has liked Takayuki for quite some time now, but at that moment it was not love, it was solace. But neither person wanted to call it that, so they used the "love" excuse.
I think that is also why their relationship isn't moving much even 2 years after the fact. It's because they just keep having sex to sort of comfort each other, instead of because they truely love one another. (It is still unclear wether there is actual love there or not. The fact that Mitsuki liked him, doesn't mean she loved him. And Takayuki's feelings are very much kept to himself). I don't see their "relationship" ever improving as things were going.

I think Haruka waking up is actually a very good thing for Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship because this event forces both of them to reflect on their actions. I mean really take some time apart, take a break from the sex and think where they are now. Why they are there. How they got there. And what should they do. Haruka is the reason for both of them breaking down as human beings and so she may also serve as a catalyst to bringing them back so to speak.

Heh, this is my first post on this forum and it already turned into a huge rant. Heh. Sorry folks, all of my posts tend to end up like this so forgive me and this post (and any future posts I make).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
I don't know of ANY girls that throw their naked selves at a guy that they really really like NO matter what. *shrugs* I mean it's great for us guys if they do.
Something similar has happened to me, so it's not impossible. Uncommon perhaps, I don't know. But when emotions run high, people tend not to act very rationally. And don't say it in such a way, because you make it sound like all girls are not sexual creatures (or frigid) and all guys are horny bastards. Sex is natural, it's everywhere and it's very pleasant especially with someone you care about. Just because society still sort of frowns upon girls displaying their sexuality many years after the sexual revolution does not mean that girls like sex or are interested in sex any less than guys are. I do not know your age, so perhaps you're just a bit too young to really notice this, but this is true and you will see it so eventually. (Trust me, I've been where you are. I also used to think that way about girls being these sort of almost divine creatures who are above simple carnal pleasures, but the truth is, we're all human).

This concludes my first post on this forum. Please do welcome me and treat me nicely, I'm fragile.
Lareolan is offline  
Old 2003-11-07, 03:43   Link #58
tem
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Down South
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lareolan
Takayuki was in a very vulnerable state, and so was Mitsuki. I do not think that was love even though they said the word "love" in that scene. I mean, it's true that Mitsuki has liked Takayuki for quite some time now, but at that moment it was not love, it was solace. But neither person wanted to call it that, so they used the "love" excuse.
Bravo, that's what I've been trying to say unsuccessfully for awhile now. Their relationship at present(and in past) is mostly them seeking solace rather than the true, healthy, loving relationship that they might have had pre-accident.

Quote:
I think that is also why their relationship isn't moving much even 2 years after the fact. It's because they just keep having sex to sort of comfort each other, instead of because they truely love one another. (It is still unclear wether there is actual love there or not. The fact that Mitsuki liked him, doesn't mean she loved him. And Takayuki's feelings are very much kept to himself). I don't see their "relationship" ever improving as things were going.

I think Haruka waking up is actually a very good thing for Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship because this event forces both of them to reflect on their actions. I mean really take some time apart, take a break from the sex and think where they are now. Why they are there. How they got there. And what should they do. Haruka is the reason for both of them breaking down as human beings and so she may also serve as a catalyst to bringing them back so to speak.
I very much agree here. I have been complaining about the lack of depth to Mitsuki and Takayuki's relationship. Haruka waking up is just what they need to start...well, start living again. Whether they stay together or not, if they both can get through this, I'm happy.

Quote:
Heh, this is my first post on this forum and it already turned into a huge rant. Heh. Sorry folks, all of my posts tend to end up like this so forgive me and this post (and any future posts I make).
No, you had alot of great points and got in some things that I was trying to say, but couldn't quite word.



Oh and, welcome to the forums.
tem is offline  
Old 2003-11-07, 05:22   Link #59
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Well, the story hints for some significant progress in episode 4 concerning the Takayuki/Mitsuki relationship. Up to then it's been Mitsuki forging ahead and Takayuki barely following. But the things turn around a bit: After running into Akane sending off her Kohais, Mitsuki drops the idea of moving together, but now _Takayuki_ is starting to actively work on moving together. Finally, right before Akane calls him up to tell him that her sister has regained consciousness, it's the first time ever since the accident that Takayuki/Mitsuki fall back into the happy pre-accident pattern when he changes the cups and teases her about it.

That's why the twist is so evil again: Just when they're making significant progress and Takayuki is about to seriously recommit, his world is turned upside down again
Mentar is offline  
Old 2003-11-07, 05:35   Link #60
GUTB_
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
The cup thing is a little love game. Young lovers (past dating and before marriage) often play games like that. The point is that they are sharing each other's cups. Seems kind of stupid if you've never been in that deep with someone. It was to show the advanced state fo their relationship -- they are almost married. The slumming around in casual clothes togther, bantering about minor stuff, playing little love-games, etc.
__________________
The Super Genius
GUTB_ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.