AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG Season 2 Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 40.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 22.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 20:27   Link #21
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I'm wondering if the next episode is going to be totally different or similar in style to this one. I mean it is basically the same premise,right? K1 working hard to give Belldandy a present she wants at xmas.
Old 2006-04-19, 20:40   Link #22
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Sayoko may have thought Bell's "Im a goddess" comment in season 1 was a retort, but this time around she figures Bell is either whacked or a wierdo. She told her she hated her and Bell responds with "and I like you." Good god talk about turning the other cheek.

Saying stuff like "Im a goddess" or "I saw/am god" are things they put you in padded rooms for ya know. Well unless you're a priest. They can get away with saying stuff like "I saw god" and whatnot. Damn double standards!
Old 2006-04-19, 21:21   Link #23
Furudanuki

As with the opening episode, I wound up rating this episode as a solid 8. The episode did not have much to speak of from the standpoint of development, and we really didn't really learn anything about K1 and/or Belldandy that we didn't already know. But the interesting and compelling presentation of Sayoko was the heartbeat of this episode, and raised my overall rating accordingly.
Now watching: Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, Allison to Lillia, Clannad - After Story, Daughter of Twenty Faces, Hidamari Sketch x365, Kannagi, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~, Telepathy Girl Ran, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Toradora, Zettai Karen Children
Recently completed: Ghost Hound, Aria: The Origination, Kanokon, Kure-nai, Itazura na Kiss, Special A, Birdy the Mighty Decode, Macross Frontier, Ryouko's Case File, ToLoveRU, Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Old 2006-04-19, 23:52   Link #24
SonicMonkey

This episode was a lot better than the season opener I think AMG is always most interesting when they focus on the relationship between K1 and Bell in terms of challenging it (Peorth should be fun ^_^)

Personally I think that Sayoko does actually like K1. For someone like her I bet she really doesn't pay much attention to the men around her that are always throwing themselves at her, but when there is a guy that is seemingly not interested in her she actually starts to pay attention. Of course the thing about K1 is that he's actually a really nice guy and probably the first person to actually consider Sayoko's feelings without wanting anything in return.

I actually like Sayoko alot and its a shame that she more or less has completely dropped out of the manga.
Old 2006-04-20, 00:27   Link #25
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I agree with SonicMonkey. This episode was far better than ep1 and Sayoko is falling for K1. She doesnt realize it though because she's never fallen in love so she cant ID the feeling. Shes the stereotypical spoiled rich girl that thinks $$ buys it all.

In terms of Sayoko, there was plenty of character development. She will have to struggle with unkown feelings, inevitable rejection, and will probably grow as a person because of it.
Old 2006-04-20, 14:15   Link #26
lubczyk

I've totally lost any respect I had left for Keichi. I mean I know thta Sayako might not have the best intentions in this episode but at least she's trying. Tell me whne I was the last time you had your former girl/boy friend tell you "Wow this tea/sunset/sweater/moment/cooking reminds me alot of my former girlfriend/mom/sister et cetera." Keichi not only comes off as ignorant but also as an asshole. I mean Sayoko at least tries not to hurt his feelings and takes the feelings of others into consideration when she speaks but K1 doesn't. Belldandy is ignorant in a lto of ways but speaks in ta manner that doent offend others. I mean It's not just what K1 says but how he says it. I am really saddened thta Keichi hasn't changed at all since the first season.

K1 is just becoming a unsympathetic character for me in that he is the only one in the series his age that talks this way openly.
Old 2006-04-20, 21:04   Link #27
TTHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk
I've totally lost any respect I had left for Keichi. I mean I know thta Sayako might not have the best intentions in this episode but at least she's trying. Tell me whne I was the last time you had your former girl/boy friend tell you "Wow this tea/sunset/sweater/moment/cooking reminds me alot of my former girlfriend/mom/sister et cetera." Keichi not only comes off as ignorant but also as an asshole. I mean Sayoko at least tries not to hurt his feelings and takes the feelings of others into consideration when she speaks but K1 doesn't. Belldandy is ignorant in a lto of ways but speaks in ta manner that doent offend others. I mean It's not just what K1 says but how he says it. I am really saddened thta Keichi hasn't changed at all since the first season.

K1 is just becoming a unsympathetic character for me in that he is the only one in the series his age that talks this way openly.

Sometimes when people are really in love, or I should better say, infatuated, they can't help but gush to others.

I wonder how the sweater feels.
Old 2006-04-20, 23:29   Link #28
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Lubczyk: realize too that Keiichi has no romantic experience other than Belldandy.
He's bound to put his foot in his mouth.

And his perception of Sayoko is flawed - he was shot down by her once, perhaps
he believes that she is just a friend despite her not realizing herself what her
feelings truly are deep down.