AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-29, 12:14   Link #1
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Nadia Omake torrent anyone?

Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in this. About a year ago I fansubbed the complete Nadia Omake, which were ten "mini-episodes" that were released on the Japanese LD release of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water. ADV never got the rights, so it remains unlicensed in an English format (I believe it was included in Italy's release, but don't take me at 100% for it).

Anyways, I figure I can torrent it, but I'm curious: is there a better alternative than using suprnova to upload the torrent? That's what I did when I put up the Boogiepop and Others movie a few weeks ago, and while it works, it seems to repeatedly confuse visitors who think there are no seeds or people sharing it.

Also, I just dunno if anyone would be interested in the omake to begin with. Anyone who watches it should have already seen the show from start to finish, as it's filled with spoilers, so I guess it is a pretty niche audience.

For those curious, here's my site about the omake.

Edit - new torrent at this fine place.

Last edited by Ballz; 2004-10-07 at 13:02. Reason: updated with new torrent info
Old 2003-12-30, 01:07   Link #2
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

There are other tracker sites that you can upload to... you'll have to search Google for them, I'm not allowed to link
Old 2003-12-30, 01:41   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I can't imagine why you think you wouldn't be allowed to link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Anyways, I figure I can torrent it, but I'm curious: is there a better alternative than using suprnova to upload the torrent? That's what I did when I put up the Boogiepop and Others movie a few weeks ago, and while it works, it seems to repeatedly confuse visitors who think there are no seeds or people sharing it.

Also, I just dunno if anyone would be interested in the omake to begin with. Anyone who watches it should have already seen the show from start to finish, as it's filled with spoilers, so I guess it is a pretty niche audience.
By all means, please put these up on a site. I was lucky enough to download them off of usenet last year, but anyone else who was a fan of the show would want to see them also! These were really funny! I assume that you were the one who posted them on Usenet. Thanks a lot, you did a great job subbing them. Now please make them available for the BT crowd.

Two (anime only) BT tracker sites I recommend are:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-30, 09:32   Link #4
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I assume that you were the one who posted them on Usenet.

Erm... actually, no I wasn't.

I don't know who put them on the binaries, but I'm not complaining. I was never good with that usenet stuff anyways, so I'm happy with whoever did it.

Thanks for the links, I'll try to have it up in the next day or so.
Old 2003-12-30, 15:48   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Ah. I thought it was subbed by the guy who posted it (Eric F. Alegado) since he said that he had the LDs. I just compared it to your site though and I have no doubt that it is your subs that I downloaded, though I've got it as 10 separate files instead of 1 combined file.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-30, 17:58   Link #6
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Ah. I thought it was subbed by the guy who posted it (Eric F. Alegado) since he said that he had the LDs. I just compared it to your site though and I have no doubt that it is your subs that I downloaded, though I've got it as 10 separate files instead of 1 combined file.
Hey, if he wants to go and re-encode those omake from his LD for me, I'd be more than happy to resub 'em. One of the things I was never satisfied with was the video encoding of the raws. But hey, you take what you can get. ^_^

When I seed the torrent, I'm planning on having a folder that will include both the 10 individual segments as well as the one combined segment. It'll be kind of large, but still easily fit onto a single CDR for your burning pleasure.

*Edit* Orrr... I could make two torrents, one with all ten individual segments, and one that just has the combined footage. What do you think?
Old 2004-05-31, 00:09   Link #7
dumb_ass_combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Hey guys, I thought you might be interested in this. About a year ago I fansubbed the complete Nadia Omake, which were ten "mini-episodes" that were released on the Japanese LD release of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water. ADV never got the rights, so it remains unlicensed in an English format (I believe it was included in Italy's release, but don't take me at 100% for it).

For those curious, here's my site about the omake.
-umm, I can't seem to find a torrent anywhere for these fansubs... I'm a BIG Nadia fan by the way. Can I just get a CD from you --> Distribution: Rules & Info
Old 2004-05-31, 02:43   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

As far as I know it was never put up on torrent. Only talked about. If you want a CD of it, I'd suggest that you follow the instructions on the page that you mentioned instead of uselessly requesting it in this thread.

Old 2004-05-31, 17:10   Link #9
dumb_ass_combo

Thanks for the help. I've just sent him an e-mail. And I'm so suprised that someone responded to such an old thread. Thanks again for the help. I'll let you know if I get a response back from Ballz/
Old 2004-06-15, 15:56   Link #10
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water Omake

I said I'd torrent this about six months ago and lo, now I finally got around to doing it!

This torrent is for the omake portion of the Gainax classic, "Nadia: Secret of Blue Water." The omake was not included on the R1 DVD release by ADV, and I believe they were first included on the Japanese R2 Laserdisc set. There'd be one omake segment at the end of every LD volume.

A few things...

-It is HIGHLY recommended you've seen the entire series before you begin to watch it. Even the first omake segment has significant spoilers to the final episodes of the series. You have been warned!

-The encoding is either divx 3.11 or mpeg4v2. That's because I did this a few years ago, back before XviD was all that. The raw source files were all divx 3.11, and the compression to them was really crappy. Not much I could do about that. So like, don't expect this to be DVD quality here...

-I didn't translate this. Most of it came from existing sub scripts of the omake, with some extra stuff done by duckroll of "I'm duckroll. I live and breathe anime" fame.

-This is the same thing that mysteriously popped up on the binaries about a year ago. I had nothing to do with that, but hey, I'm not complaining. Spread the joy.

-Web page.

Ready steady Go.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-06-15 at 17:00. Reason: Threads Merged
Old 2004-06-15, 17:01   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yay! Finally! I was one of the lucky ones to download it on Usenet a year and a half ago, but I am still really happy to be able to add this to our site! They were so funny! I'd mention which one was my favorite, but I'd rather that discussion of these wonderful shorts doens't happen in the submissions forum. Perhaps I should open a thread in Fansubs later, if noone beats me to it.

Old 2004-06-15, 18:00   Link #12
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Hah, didn't realize this ancient thread was only recently resurrected. Sorry it took so long, I got sidetracked with stuff, and I kind of forgot about all this until about a week ago when someone mailed me asking for a disc.

My upload cap is a little slow, but once the initial bottleneck breaks, it ought to be smooth sailing. Enjoy!
Old 2004-10-07, 12:56   Link #13
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

I'm bringing back the Nadia Omake Theater torrent for another go-round, in case anyone missed it the first time.

I put it up on animeportal.net (oops, now it's shoujo-net.com). Their front page says their BT server is down, but uh, as far as I can tell, it's working fine. So lemme know if this works or not.

Torrent info
Closed Thread