AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Resharing Requests

Notices

Old 2003-11-03, 18:30   Link #1
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Prince Of Tennis

I can't seem to download Prince of Tennis. Everyone recommends it to me but BOY! the downloads are like 1kb/s ACCKKKKKKK and I've got over 90 episodes to download. (plus I've got the BitTorrent problem...)Anyone care to share? I don't have much to offer as far as anime goes to trade... since I'm kinda new... but if I have something that you would like to share I don't mind sharing

::wipes sweat off face...:: Thank goodness for unlimited bandwidth...
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:35   Link #2
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

NM... my friend is giving me a copy of it on cd...
Old 2003-11-07, 05:15   Link #3
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk Send a message via Skype™ to Garylisk
Do all your torrents go tht slow?

Are you on a broadband connection being shared/served to you through a router?

If you answered yes to both questions, the reason your speed sucks is because you're behind a firewall.

But don't worry, there's hope. CHeck out your router's manual and find out how to get into your router's settings. Once you're there, set up your port forwarding settings to send BitTorrent ports directly to your computer.

(Pics might load slow!)

If your're using a Linksys router (Like me), set up your forwarding like this:

Except for one thing... The final box there where it wants you to enter 3 digits for your computer's IP address. Do the following to find out that value.

In windows 98/95, go to Start Menu - RUN, and type winipcfg

In winipcfg, make sure your network card is selected, and check and see what it says your ip address is.

In windows 2k/XP, you'll need to go to Start Menu - RUN, and type cmd

Once the dos prompt comes up, type ipconfig and hit enter

Your IP address should be spit out like in the picture below...

Once you've set up the forwarding like you should, just hit APPLY SETTINGS, and then close the window.

Your torrents should speed up from that point on. The downside is that because the BT ports are going straight to your computer, if there's other people on your network, they can't use BT anymore.

Mods: If ya think this info is useful, feel free to use the pics and such for users who ask about port forwarding.
Old 2003-11-12, 15:59   Link #4
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

Thanks Garylisk for the info... but... (might sound like a noob and total moron for asking this... but I'll ask anyways... won't know the answer if I never ask questions...)

Is it safe to do the port forwarding? I'm very paranoid about turning off firewalls and stuff... always worried about security and stuff.

I have cable and my speed is very fast... sometimes as fast as T1 connection but I can never download very fast... it doesn't always happen all the time... there are times where it dl at 50kb/sec or 90kb/sec (once in awhile...not often)... but mostly it dl between 8kb/sec to 25kb/sec. Soooo by doing this... it will make my dls much faster?

I'll have to try it... THANKS!