AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-18, 22:31   Link #101
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
I read an interesting theory by a local college professor (I can't remember for sure since i've been hearing so much crap it's hard to keep it sorted) that I believe makes a lot of sense as to why so many in the Arabic people hate the U.S even after they help them to rid them of an evil dictator such as Saddam. It's their pride. They are embarrest that they had to be saved by a country that they find to be very imoral and in many ways evil. It embarrising that a white christian nation succeded where the Arab nation failed. They are upset because they where not able to do it themselves and it makes them feel weak. I don't think they were racist comments because the proffessor's name sounded Arabic. And foolish pride really can make people act incredibly stupid.
Yup.. pride is big with them too.. They're very religious and a prideful type. Your reasoning is very accurate. Combinining it with what I said, then u got plenty of reasons of hating the Americans and their mighty Dollar...


Zoro,

You underestimate Communism. It's not only idealistically possible, but it's been done and still doing well in China right now. I don't have all the specifics but the Chinese government has done a lot to improve China these last 40-50 years. Before communism, literacy level was very low (near 30-40% I believe). they were eons behind in technology, possessed extremely weak army force (they got conquered by tiny little Japan for crying out loud), and they had a population problem (Chinese tradition of having BIG, HUGE families). Fast forward to the present and now the population of China has been held in check and they are actually encouraging families to have two kids (1 girl at least cause they have a shortage of females now.. very sad.. if u knew what they did to baby girls when a 1 child policy was in effect). They aren't very far behind technologically anymore, families are a little more wealthy (but still massively poor but that can't be helped), they possess one of the most powerful armies in the world, and their literacy level is around 70-80% now. And that's in only 40-50 years of work. There is still a lot of work to be done but I don't think they could have achieved all that they have done if the government didn't completely control every aspect like China did. There just weren't enough educated people around to make it work. But that's not the case anymore...

there's more but i am tired...
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 23:44   Link #102
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Yup.. pride is big with them too.. They're very religious and a prideful type. Your reasoning is very accurate. Combinining it with what I said, then u got plenty of reasons of hating the Americans and their mighty Dollar...


Zoro,

You underestimate Communism. It's not only idealistically possible, but it's been done and still doing well in China right now. I don't have all the specifics but the Chinese government has done a lot to improve China these last 40-50 years. Before communism, literacy level was very low (near 30-40% I believe). they were eons behind in technology, possessed extremely weak army force (they got conquered by tiny little Japan for crying out loud), and they had a population problem (Chinese tradition of having BIG, HUGE families). Fast forward to the present and now the population of China has been held in check and they are actually encouraging families to have two kids (1 girl at least cause they have a shortage of females now.. very sad.. if u knew what they did to baby girls when a 1 child policy was in effect). They aren't very far behind technologically anymore, families are a little more wealthy (but still massively poor but that can't be helped), they possess one of the most powerful armies in the world, and their literacy level is around 70-80% now. And that's in only 40-50 years of work. There is still a lot of work to be done but I don't think they could have achieved all that they have done if the government didn't completely control every aspect like China did. There just weren't enough educated people around to make it work. But that's not the case anymore...

there's more but i am tired...
China is a sucess story. Chinese people in general are more obedient and are more likely to work well with ideas such as communism. China is also not a "complete" ccommunism. But i wont argue with the fact that china is better today than it was before Mao. Ths is only a question: do u think China would've done better with a democratic system??

i heard some rumours about the chinese grls back then. One of the most horrible one i heard was tat they eat the poor grl. I DOUBT this A LOT, tell me this isnt true. But yea, this is the worst rumour i heard.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 01:03   Link #103
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i heard some rumours about the chinese grls back then. One of the most horrible one i heard was tat they eat the poor grl. I DOUBT this A LOT, tell me this isnt true. But yea, this is the worst rumour i heard.
It is true that there is a food shortage in China, but I don't think it's gotten that bad yet . What i've read is they just take the baby girls out into the countryside or mountains and leave them to starve to death. Pretty sick if you ask me.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 11:21   Link #104
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinFangFoom
It is true that there is a food shortage in China, but I don't think it's gotten that bad yet . What i've read is they just take the baby girls out into the countryside or mountains and leave them to starve to death. Pretty sick if you ask me.
like i said, it was only a rumour that i heard. THank goodness it's not true, that would be just horrible. Leaving them in the mountain is bad too, but eating a grl is just.... ugh.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 19:42   Link #105
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
to p3psi,

my information comes from a wide variety of credible sources. not only do i read US news, but I also read foreign news (for different opinions) and I get some inside source due to the fact that I am DoD employee.
Concerning what I have posted, it is based on what knowledge I possess and have read. They are mostly correct (based on my opinion). I never once posted, THIS IS A FACT. I posted something and I allowed everyone else here to run with their own interpretation. So if you wish to contradict whatever I say, then post something and let's talk about it.
This follows up with what I've been complaining earlier about u. You basically came into this thread and trashed everyone else's opinion (because u claim it's how we said it) but u don't offer any specifics or examples and u don't back up any of your claims. if you felt it wasn't worth your time to argue with anime fans (you painted a very pretty picture by da way), then you shouldn't have started the bashing or even posted in here in the first place. to me, that's the sign of a coward. i believe myself to be very informed and very knowledgeable so if you wish, you can start a debate with me right now. I don't pull any punches though and i say it like it is if it is right. and i will admit i am wrong. so if you got something to say in this topic then say it and stop beating around the bush. disregard anyone else who doesn't provide intelligent feedback because that's what i do... or better yet, i trash them in return... but you have someone in here willing to debate with u if you want. if you want me to provide articles from respectable news sources to back up my statements then i can do that too. i don't do it because (1) i am lazy, (2) i like to assume that you and everyone else is as informed as i am about it.
omg, dragonz20, Rifk! why did i come back here to read your post.

What I said was true, and instead of me trying to prove it, any logically thinking man would have tried to disprove my claims by now. no? now why is that? Are you too lazy, is that what youíre going to say. No, because there are people here who havenít bothered to pick up a newspaper, and this is compounding the misinformation problem.
Now, since they had there conversation here on the forums, they will spout off to their friends and folk with the same BS argument they pulled out of someone elseís ass.

you still dont get it, those comments i made in my last reply to you , are now become more about you. you need to climb out of that foxhole you dug yourself, and stop using the same old ammunition of yours, its obviously shooting blanks.

i think one of my old profs said this once, when a debate broke out between her and one of her students:

"Not surprisingly enough, those with the least amount of intelligence seem to be the most insecure of it when itís put to question. These are the people who claim to know it all, and others, like myself, know better not to argue with him. "

I dont know if she said it or stole it from a movie, but it works perfectly fine here.

dont bother posting up a reply here for i wont bother to read it, im tired of your "give me your opinion, your not giving me any opinion, I have an opinion and you obviously donít because youíre not saying anything, and donít post here without one" rhetoric.

OH, and in that case, i know your possible replies, here are a sample:
1.oh, you're not coming back here because you're coward, and quiver beneath my superior intellect.
2.No, you're the one that was offended about intelligence, not I, who said anything about that?
3.You still havenít posted your opinion about war and politics, donít post here if you have nothing to share. Well, although you have shared quite a lot, but still, its not about the war, and this an Iraq-USA war forum, not a general forum on a anime website.
4.Now youíre doing more flaming, but ignore my last posts where I called you a coward and such, because thatís what you are.

i shouldnt have taken you seriously the first time you said you worked for the dept of defense. Why donít you keep bringing that up, every time you say it, itís sounding like youíre trying to impress some date, "hey baby, i work for the Fbi during the day, and moonlight for the CIA!"
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 21:34   Link #106
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
I can't stand this any moooooooooore! All three (dragonz20, Zoro, and p3psi)
of you need to stop! this is getting to Funny! geeze! All of you are so long winded!!

All of you should know by now not to get into a debat with dragonz20, he really knows what hes talking about! If your ever read any his of post dealing with goverment or anything else pretaining to the military hes well informed! unless you can prove other wise. ( and you better be able to back it up! )

As for Zoro, young and smart.... but you still have know when to stop and go with the flow! you know what I mean.... you seem well informed but not experiened in the world. Does that make any sense to you.

And dear p3psi, you are so delightfully funny...don't mind dragonz20, hes really a great guy! He just likes to debat and set things right? but thats my opinion though.

Whew! back on the topic! I think Saddam deserve everything thats comming to him!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 21:37   Link #107
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I can't stand this any moooooooooore! All three (dragonz20, Zoro, and p3psi)
of you need to stop! this is getting to Funny! geeze! All of you are so long winded!!

All of you should know by now not to get into a debat with dragonz20, he really knows what hes talking about! If your ever read any his of post dealing with goverment or anything else pretaining to the military hes well informed! unless you can prove other wise. ( and you better be able to back it up! )

As for Zoro, young and smart.... but you still have know when to stop and go with the flow! you know what I mean.... you seem well informed but not experiened in the world. Does that make any sense to you.

And dear p3psi, you are so delightfully funny...don't mind dragonz20, hes really a great guy! He just likes to debat and set things right? but that my opinion though.



Whew! back on the topic! I think Saddam deserve everything thats comming to him!
Cammie you must... not... fall... into.... thier.... debating....power....*gasps*.
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 21:41   Link #108
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Cammie you must... not... fall... into.... thier.... debating....power....*gasps*.

Don't worry I'm not ! I'm much into politics! thank goodness!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-20, 11:11   Link #109
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie

As for Zoro, young and smart.... but you still have know when to stop and go with the flow! you know what I mean.... you seem well informed but not experiened in the world. Does that make any sense to you.
I understand most of it.... but wat do u mean by "go with the flow" ???


Cammie = voice of reason (?)

BTW: dragon is well informed... in fact he BETTER be well informed... he works for DoD.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 02:20   Link #110
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Did you guys know that on the day Saddam was captured, President Bush signed a bill that added some things into the Patriot Act? Things like allowing the FBI and Secret Service to probe your financial records?

Here's the story

And in other Patriot Act news, here's a story about a boy who was thrown into a federal prison for damaging a boat engine owned by former president Bush. Yes, he was declared to be a terrorist because of the Patriot Act.

Here's this story

I'm strongly opposed to the Patriot Act. Whoops, I think saying that makes me a terrorist... guess I'll be going to federal prison!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 03:28   Link #111
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redmond, WA
Age: 37
Jeeze, that's almost to scary to think about. What a prick.
__________________

OFFICIAL GAYEST SIGNATURE ON ANIMESUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear
ps. hey FinFangFoom, can you change that pic of yours in the sig because when ever I read threads that have your message post in it would make people around me think I am watching gay porn, make it smaller or something
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-30, 23:37   Link #112
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
There was a Time Magazine front cover page showing a 3 yr old boy getting a full body metal detector test at the airport. The title was something along the line of "You call this a terrorist?"
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 00:59   Link #113
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rich., VA
Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
searching little kids for bombs and stuff does sound crazy, but some people, if they were that willing to blow up a plane or whatnot, would hide a bomb/weapon/etc. on a child.....
sad, that the reality of what's going on makes people do such things.

anycase, have fun, i don't see this ending anytime soon, been going on for over a month....
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.