AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-05-19, 05:00   Link #1
toru310

Mozilla weird problem!!!!

i don't know were to put this cause im in a hurry and im panic ing
well this what happened i was downloading torrent with my bittorrent and i wanted to check if the next episode of what im watching is available and when i turn on fire fox all my book marks and search engines are gone even the yahoo tabs are gone to and i decided to reboot my computer and it did a scan with the NTF i don't know what that is but it has some thing to do with the memory thingy. im scared because it might corrupt all my files and how to reformat it again.. help plsssssss
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 10:10   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binsentsu
well this what happened i was downloading torrent with my bittorrent and i wanted to check if the next episode of what im watching is available and when i turn on fire fox all my book marks and search engines are gone even the yahoo tabs are gone to

Maybe you installed something like TuneUpUtilities and it scanned your computer... found you had a lot of junk... decided to help you out... and removed it ^^... *some of these programs have this a auto-scan every ____ ... so it's possible it removed it... or maybe you have some stupid AntiSpyWere*

Hmm... by yahoo tabs do you mean the annoying yahoo bars...
Quote:
and i decided to reboot my computer and it did a scan with the NTF i don't know what that is but it has some thing to do with the memory thingy. im scared because it might corrupt all my files and how to reformat it again.. help plsssssss

Is that a
How to Format a Computer question o_O

You shouldn't get all hysterical over
1s and 0s ... if your computer gets FUBARed then you can usually fix the problem... or buy a new one... or just a new component...

Have you tried to defrag or a simple scan disc...

Tell me... do you have a antivirus ^^... has it been updated with the latest $hit @_@...
Old 2006-05-19, 19:30   Link #3
toru310

i thought reboot means restart your computer???
anyways i have an anti virus and it updates every day but i just don't know why that happened. and i didn't install the thing that you said.
sorry im just no good in this kind of stuff it freaks me out!
Old 2006-05-19, 19:54   Link #4
bayoab

Quote:
well this what happened i was downloading torrent with my bittorrent and i wanted to check if the next episode of what im watching is available and when i turn on fire fox all my book marks and search engines are gone even the yahoo tabs are gone to and i decided to reboot my computer and it did a scan with the NTF i don't know what that is but it has some thing to do with the memory thingy. im scared because it might corrupt all my files and how to reformat it again.. help plsssssss
Please write sentences with proper structure and be very clear on specifics. It is really hard to tell what you are saying. Do you mean that you rebooted your computer and it said that there was an improper shutdown and then ran checkdisk?

Quote:
i thought reboot means restart your computer???
anyways i have an anti virus and it updates every day but i just don't know why that happened. and i didn't install the thing that you said.
sorry im just no good in this kind of stuff it freaks me out!
Reboot means restart.

My guess is that your mozilla profile was in use by firefox so it loaded up a new one when you opened it. If you have ffox or mozilla and attempt to run 2 completely different copies and it cant write to the profile, it will attempt to make a new profile. That is why everything was missing.... this is just a wild guess though.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 03:45   Link #5
toru310

i understand but theres still one thing that bothers me,
the part when i restarted my computer and it made a self scan and i don't know why that happened but its not an inproper shut down.
Old 2006-05-21, 08:56   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You have to understand that Windows is the most fuuked up program ever created... who knows... maybe some program you were running just created the problem... little error or something... something like what bayoab mentioned

There's no point in just freaking out over these little things... if it doesn't happen to you on a regular basis... or if it doesn't persist... it's not that serious...
Just relax and move forward ^_^
Old 2006-05-21, 20:03   Link #7
toru310

all right i can finally relax and don't have to worry about that crap!
whew...

thanks for the reply!