AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 27 25.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 28.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-22, 08:29   Link #61
Sir Alex
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Mmm. With episode 8 now just a day or so away, this seems like a good time to post something I noticed a week ago that blew this arc apart. No, I didn't use any information outside the anime to come up with this, nor is it foolproof, but even so...
Spoiler for an extremely important point that the show has been hinting at, I think:


Spoiler for And what, then, of this?:
Sir Alex is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 09:09   Link #62
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
The main reason that particulal scene didn't have much of an impact had to be the sound pitch of Mion or the lack of it.
Spoiler:
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 09:21   Link #63
melange
Reset, reset, reset...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex
Mmm. With episode 8 now just a day or so away, this seems like a good time to post something I noticed a week ago that blew this arc apart. No, I didn't use any information outside the anime to come up with this, nor is it foolproof, but even so...
Spoiler for an extremely important point that the show has been hinting at, I think:


Spoiler for And what, then, of this?:
Don't have time now to review the scene but
Spoiler:
__________________

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 10:21   Link #64
Beyond the Shave
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Wow! I never would have noticed that. Great find.
Beyond the Shave is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:00   Link #65
FubaredByAnime
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
That would be some detective work if what you say is true. Then the comparative scene would be when
Spoiler:


Oh man, I'm at work, so I can't check that. Have to wait eight hours.
FubaredByAnime is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:04   Link #66
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:
__________________
'The world we live in is always in darkness.'
'Yes, and that is why we seek light.'

Matrim is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:13   Link #67
Vicke
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Svea
Age: 30
Spoiler:
Vicke is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:15   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I remember back in school i used to switch around which hand i used to carry my bag - really i don't think that has anything to do with it.

& just like what Matrim said, you could proof this lil' idea of with anything Shion or Mion have done with there hands.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:24   Link #69
Hellkat672
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
damn double posting.
Hellkat672 is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:25   Link #70
Hellkat672
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicke
Yes maybe not but it doesnt make sense why she then would wear Shions clothes when she makes the second phone call. To bad we dont get to see the other person on the third call.
Spoiler:
Hellkat672 is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 11:47   Link #71
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler:
Circular Logic is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 12:38   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
The main question that is plaguing me from this episode is, how does the inspector know Shion is missing after the night of the festival? If this fact is taken for granted, all the suspicion automatically falls on Mion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Mion's voice was indeed chilling. The voice itself isn't at fault, rather, it's how the face was animated in that scene. If this scene was seen for the first time with the mute button in your media player turned on, how would you have imagined her tone of voice of speaking after seeing her face contoured in rage such a way? I suppose, in the end, it's all matter of personal point of view.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 13:04   Link #73
FubaredByAnime
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
The main question that is plaguing me from this episode is, how does the inspector know Shion is missing after the night of the festival? If this fact is taken for granted, all the suspicion automatically falls on Mion.
I don't think Oishi stated that Shion went missing after the night of the festival, only that she went missing as stated to Keiichi in the car. I too originally thought he meant that, but after watching the car interrogation scene again, I realize that he said she's missing, with no time noted. The reason I checked was because Oishi saw both Keiichi and Shion (or Mion) at the Library, so that's probably the last time anybody saw her, so it wouldn't make sense for Oishi not to think of that day. I suspect that Shion was reported missing the day after the library meeting (or the day before car interrogation).

Memento has a good timeline description on his blog, so you may want to refer to that as an aid.
FubaredByAnime is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 13:17   Link #74
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
You know. (I blitzed through all the episodes subbed yesterday.) Mion is the one that´s been scaring the shit out of me time and time again. First when she looks at through the spring between the door and the wall in the first arc. When they gave him the onigiri. (That scared the shit out of me.) Then later on we have the moments with the ladder and the laughs through the phone. They really gave me the chills.

It feels like it´s been ages since I found a really good horror/thriller movie/series. Higurashi made me start to bite my nails again.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 14:56   Link #75
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
I don't think Oishi stated that Shion went missing after the night of the festival, only that she went missing as stated to Keiichi in the car. I too originally thought he meant that, but after watching the car interrogation scene again, I realize that he said she's missing, with no time noted. The reason I checked was because Oishi saw both Keiichi and Shion (or Mion) at the Library, so that's probably the last time anybody saw her, so it wouldn't make sense for Oishi not to think of that day. I suspect that Shion was reported missing the day after the library meeting (or the day before car interrogation).
In the game, Oishi mentioned that she went missing the day after the festival, and that the library encounter (which took place the day after the festival) was the last time anyone has seen her.

The anime tends to leave out some important things at times, I don't know why they do that.
__________________
Sushi-Y is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 14:57   Link #76
Gackt=good
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Hmm well fist of all the ladder scene. You really think of a higher crazier voice when you say Mion's face so that's the only thing that bothered me.


But something important(^.^) When the Watangashi chapter begins it says: "Jealousy". So maybe Mion is actually jealous at Shion and that would explain why she stayed in Shion's clothes even at home. Well this is all pure speculation, but maybe worth looking at?



BTW: I love this anime.
Gackt=good is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 15:14   Link #77
FubaredByAnime
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
In the game, Oishi mentioned that she went missing the day after the festival, and that the library encounter (which took place the day after the festival) was the last time anyone has seen her.

The anime tends to leave out some important things at times, I don't know why they do that.
Darn anime! Not the first time lack of info screwed me over! But I do have the tendency of looking of scrutinizing every small bit of detail ad nauseum. Oh well.
FubaredByAnime is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 17:06   Link #78
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
Identical twins have the same dominant hand.
__________________
---K Millz

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 18:19   Link #79
Mei Hikari
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
So, um, WinD released a second version of episode 7. They changed the "no blood" line from Mion to "that's it".

And it doesn't turn red anymore. Is that significant?
__________________
Mei Hikari is offline  
Old 2006-05-22, 18:32   Link #80
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Hikari
So, um, WinD released a second version of episode 7. They changed the "no blood" line from Mion to "that's it".

And it doesn't turn red anymore. Is that significant?
No, it seems they re-translated the part on the note that I made in post #15 of this thread.
kj1980 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.