AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Rumble

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 17.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-24, 22:08   Link #21
Xinil
Blargh
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
I sure as hell hope this was a filler episode. Rated this ep a 5/10. There was only one funny part, and that was when Imadori faked out Gori and then said, "Baka, baka, baka, baka." Oh, when Gori was named Gori, it was kinda funny too.

Other than those two scenes, totally worthless episode imo.
__________________
Xinil is offline  
Old 2006-05-25, 01:22   Link #22
Moogster
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
this was no filler episode. This arc concentrates about the different SR characters relationships or IMO a set up for a certain relationship to happen.
Moogster is offline  
Old 2006-05-25, 16:00   Link #23
Xinil
Blargh
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Why are they introducing more relationships when we haven't gotten anything out of the current ones that have been around for 30+ episodes?

*sighs*
__________________
Xinil is offline  
Old 2006-05-25, 17:29   Link #24
Moogster
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
That's why SR is interesting. Even the side characters have stories to tell.
Moogster is offline  
Old 2006-05-25, 17:42   Link #25
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I've rewatched School Rumble 1, OVA, and 2. And I still can't wait for a YakumoxHarima to happen.
physics223 is offline  
Old 2006-05-25, 17:46   Link #26
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
Why are they introducing more relationships when we haven't gotten anything out of the current ones that have been around for 30+ episodes?

*sighs*
Because the story is over when the current relationships become concrete?
I thought it's obvious?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now  
Old 2006-05-25, 19:37   Link #27
Onizuka-GTO
Shinobi Product Designer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Because the story is over when the current relationships become concrete?
I thought it's obvious?
obviously it wasn't...

while some animes are best told after the relationship is sorted, as in: "it's just beginning" type of thinking, School Rumble is more of a: "getting there is half the fun" sorta thing.
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2006-05-26, 14:31   Link #28
Xinil
Blargh
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Because the story is over when the current relationships become concrete?
I thought it's obvious?
The story is most definitely not over. I'm not saying the relationships have to become concrete. I just want them to continue working on THOSE (all the main characters) relationships. I think it's totally unnecessary to introduce more characters when they have plenty they can work with, with the original charactes. I don't mind them showing new characters and such, but when they spend 70% of the episode working with new characters (like this one)...it's kind of annoying.
__________________
Xinil is offline  
Old 2006-05-27, 14:21   Link #29
ApathyEcstasy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil
The story is most definitely not over. I'm not saying the relationships have to become concrete. I just want them to continue working on THOSE (all the main characters) relationships. I think it's totally unnecessary to introduce more characters when they have plenty they can work with, with the original charactes. I don't mind them showing new characters and such, but when they spend 70% of the episode working with new characters (like this one)...it's kind of annoying.
i can agree with you on that one...due to their strategy, which you described, of introducing and focusing on new characters instead of further developing the already introduced characters from season 1, is starting to get annoying
ApathyEcstasy is offline  
Old 2006-05-27, 15:15   Link #30
Moogster
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Take it easy guys its only ONE character they introduced. Just wait for the next episode and you will see that it is a set up for a certain relationship with the old characters.
Moogster is offline  
Old 2006-05-27, 18:09   Link #31
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 31
I hope they don't drag it beyond the second season. I mean, this whole "misunderstanding-double misunderstanding-reset" is killing me. I hope the manga ends pretty soon so they can end the anime too

Well, an introduced character can also be used as a tool for the main characters' relationship development, no need to start focusing on the new character We have enough decent characters to develop.
npal is offline  
Old 2006-06-02, 22:22   Link #32
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
This episode bored me. I realize the whole point was the set up the basketball arc, but geez it was a chore to watch, nonetheless.

This season has really been sporadic so far, to say the least. There have been a few good moments here and there, but it's had none of the consistancy of the first series. This episode pretty much epitomizes it. I've been very disappointed with SR so far this season. My theory is that it's because Harima has had a bit of a back seat to date. Let's face it, he was one of the big reasons why the first season why so endearing, and, with him relegated to a side role, the rest of the cast really seem to lack that certain energy to make things interesting.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2006-06-02, 22:46   Link #33
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
It will probably pick up. But then again, as one poster said, all this misunderstanding bullshit is getting old. The manga has to near an end else this isn't sitting pretty with me.

Although I do like what will happen next episode, but I can totally understand how you feel (I think).
physics223 is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 03:11   Link #34
Zappster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I actually enjoyed this episode. Not as funny as some episodes in the seocnd season by any means but it had it's moments. The season as a whole has lived up to my expectations from watching the first season. Funniest show of the spring season for me, closely followed by Ohran High School Host Club and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

If I were to rate it I'd probably give it a 7.
Zappster is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 07:19   Link #35
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Funniest show of the spring season for me, closely followed by Ohran High School Host Club and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
You think so? I think those two shows have been far and away funnier than SR this season.
Sorrow-K is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 07:42   Link #36
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
You think so? I think those two shows have been far and away funnier than SR this season.
Hey , it's a matter of one's preference.
I didn't find Ouran Host Club funny, for example. (and I'm not lying)
Incoan is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 07:50   Link #37
evil-samurai
......
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 27
Tenma was Hilarious! is this episode I'm no big Tenma fan, but I'm finding I like her more now. Tenma - "It's what they call a 'slow starter', you know."

Fantastic episode, though it was werid since I watched episode 9 before this ^^; Lala was quite funny.. she does yell to much at times, but other then that she is great to watch. The new girl was quite normal compared to the rest of the cast or to characters that just come onto the show, it doesn't look she will be around for long, still.. I enjoyed the focus she got.

Oh! and Just the one moment with Harima was perfect the Basketball Ring sure was big!

Since I did watch episode 9, I have to say this episode was a great set-up for it.
evil-samurai is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 13:29   Link #38
Shredder
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I felt bad when poor Tenma was on the swing all alone. It's still hard for me to believe that Yakumo is the younger sister, makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know why they didn't just make her the elder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
This episode bored me. I realize the whole point was the set up the basketball arc, but geez it was a chore to watch, nonetheless.

This season has really been sporadic so far, to say the least. There have been a few good moments here and there, but it's had none of the consistancy of the first series. This episode pretty much epitomizes it. I've been very disappointed with SR so far this season. My theory is that it's because Harima has had a bit of a back seat to date. Let's face it, he was one of the big reasons why the first season why so endearing, and, with him relegated to a side role, the rest of the cast really seem to lack that certain energy to make things interesting.
Well said. Harima's scenes are still golden
__________________
Shredder is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 13:33   Link #39
npal
I desire Tomorrow!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sixth Layer of Celestia
Age: 31
Yeah, one of the few times I actually felt bad for Tenma. I mean... you know... it felt like making fun of someone who's retarded but has high enough intelligence to understand his situation. Poor Tenma

This episode suffered from lack of Harima. It doesn't matter WHO Harima interacts with, as long as he does. Of course, YakumoxHarima or ErixHarima interactions are the best I hope the next episodes feature more Harima.
npal is offline  
Old 2006-06-03, 13:37   Link #40
Shredder
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Yakumo/Harima is usually touching/sweet/endearing, Eri/Harima kinda witty and snappy, and I also like comic moments between him and Hanai going head to head. I do hope the upcoming eps pick things up again and put some of the crap characters on backburner, otherwise it's more fast forward. Is Tenma going to be a fatty? That would be funny
__________________
Shredder is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.