AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-26, 22:01   Link #41
Zerowinger
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
ASS is part dead part not. there is still people in the grp. but they havent released anyting in ages. like WPP, idle grp. most of us from ASS made HOM (HearthOfMadness) that makes Hokuto no Ken Fansubbs.
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 22:19   Link #42
edkwon
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
Mininova has Victory.
I didn't see subs for those last time i looked, i assume its under Videos -> Anime
edkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 04:37   Link #43
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Victory Gundam possible *spoilers*

I've just finished rewatching victory gundam and am still kinda of confused, peraphs more so then the first time through. What happened to the Halo, I mean it sperated then reformed, lots of Uso's friends got fired during the battle, Shakti was returned and things kinda ended. So what did the Halo do? I know it activated, spread some shining stuff that didn't stop the fighting like its suppose to then the halo accended to space. Anyone got an idea what thats all about? For that matter, what made that annoying chick Katejina I think thats her name, go all insane at the end, she was fine at the start of the show and I don't think she was brain washed or anything.

PS maybe its just me but I don't know why some many people complain that this show is depressing, I think its more realistc then the newer gundams where the casuality rates are insanley low. the show kinda reminds me of blue gender with its insanley high causlity rates 3 for 3 in one segment of V gundam.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 10:22   Link #44
Strike Mk.II
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Its been a long time since I last watched Victory Gundam, I cant really remember the show that well, but for Katejina and how she turned out a the end of the series, I think she was always like that from the start of the show, she'd slowly unveil bits of her real self thorughout the series as she gained more power untill you fully see her true self.
I really need to see this show again
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:35   Link #45
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
Quote:
So what did the Halo do?
It was supposed to put humans to sleep. Through a bunch of complications, they didn't quite get the results they were after (most likely because it was Shakti controlling it). In the end, they all got sent back to space, so they won't pollute the earth.

About Katejina, she believed the queen and probably did get brainwashed since Kagatie was pretty much using the queen (at least from what I can remember).
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:39   Link #46
Souryu
nothing at all...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 28
If my memory doesn't fail me, Angel Halo was the ultimate weapon of Zanscare Empire, since it had the power to turn all humans minds into a child's. The plan was to do that and conquer all the earth, but the queen fought that Angel Halo purpose was to bring peace and stop the war.

So that it could work, it was needed a huge amount of newtypes and someone who had very strong newtype powers. The first to control the Angel Halo was the queen, but after she died, the zanscare persuaded Shakti to control it (with the same talk of peace and stop the war).

In the end, Shakti was rescued by Uso, but returns to Angel Halo to stop it (since it had gone crazy) and sends it to space.

About Kateejina, well, let's say the war changed her. She started believing in the Zanscare beliefs at first, but later she just became a huge power hunger bitch. It happens LoL.

And the thing about V being depressing... well, this is true because of its "realism". Not only because of casuality rate, but because of how certain people got killed. For example, take all the Shrike (sp?) Team deaths... it didn't have dramatic scenes, long speechs or slow-motion action. it was *BANG* dead. It remembered some of the deaths of the original Gundam.

But for me, it was depressing because of the final moments. the suicide attack of the militia + feds was crazy, it felt like it was a true final battle, with both sides throwing (literally, in the case of the militia LoL) everything they had against each other.

And the death of Odelo was just OMFG. I think most of the people think V Gundam was depressing because of this. I mean... that was totally unexpected.
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:42   Link #47
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
It was supposed to put humans to sleep. Through a bunch of complications, they didn't quite get the results they were after (most likely because it was Shakti controlling it). In the end, they all got sent back to space, so they won't pollute the earth.

About Katejina, she believed the queen and probably did get brainwashed since Kagatie was pretty much using the queen (at least from what I can remember).
Kagatie was probably one of the most idiotic "villain" in Gundam history.

Kagatie: "Wait Uso don't shot! I have the queen as a hostage!"
Uso: "Uh well, that makes sense...."
Kagatie shot the Queen for not apparent reason (a smart move... really )
Kagatie: "Ooooooops"
Uso: "huh? No hostage, no party! Now, you die!"
Kagatie is reduced to dust.

A great scene! I was half choked from laughing....
otacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:45   Link #48
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
^ I'm pretty sure that was Tassilo who did that.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 13:38   Link #49
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
yeah it was tassilo who shot the queen not Kagatie. Kagatie shot the chair the queen used not realizing that she was long dead.

As for Odelo, I was kinda expecting his death for some reason.

It might be the translation but the prayer Shakti was saying to me at least, sounded like she wanted what her mother wants so for a sec I thought she turned traitor too. I know it was suppose to put humans to sleep for a year or so (which will result in death for eveyone) and the thing seemed to have activated but it didn't work at all, humans neither slept nor did they stop fighting like Shakti wanted them to.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 16:10   Link #50
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu
Kagatie was probably one of the most idiotic "villain" in Gundam history.

Kagatie: "Wait Uso don't shot! I have the queen as a hostage!"
Uso: "Uh well, that makes sense...."
Kagatie shot the Queen for not apparent reason (a smart move... really )
Kagatie: "Ooooooops"
Uso: "huh? No hostage, no party! Now, you die!"
Kagatie is reduced to dust.

A great scene! I was half choked from laughing....
Yep, that was Tassilo. Kagatie was the machine-eyepatch old guy. You phail.

For Angel Halo, it wasn't supposed to stop the fighting, that's a lie Kagatie told Maria to get her to power Angel Halo. What it was really supposed to do was put the people of earth to sleep. Shakti's mother was never a bad guy, she wanted peace just as much as any of the good guys. But she was used as a figurehead by Kagatie.

The power of Angel Halo did make people sleep, remember the beginning of the episode where Usso beat Fuala? The Jean De'Arc was watching videos from unmanned camera planes and tanks, showing the people of earth being put to sleep by Angel Halo's power. Usso and company stopped this before it became permanent, though.

What happened at the end with Angel Halo was that Shakti and the Psychickers (however Sunrise wants us to spell it) "reversed" (sorta) the power of Angel Halo, then sent it to space so that it wouldn't be used again/wouldn't be used on earth.

Katejina was a bit selfish right from the start of the series, but that started to get worse when she met Chronicle and fell in love with him. Then it snowballed when she became a mobile suit pilot.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 19:09   Link #51
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
so what was that burst of light from the Halo? It only has one purpose and thats to basically kill people and it activated but it didn't do anything. it worked before on a smaller scale and made Uso see things but that was only testing, its kinda confusing.

as for Katejina, some of the crap she uttered made absolutly no sense, like who ever wins, between Uso and Chronicle she will love. I'm not quite sure she love Chronicle any more then she like Uso, she didn't care too much when Chronicle bites the dust, a bit selfish doesn't translate to going physco, and she didn't even see some of the worst parts of the war. Her character reminds me of Quess, though she is a bit more developed but made little sense in the end.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 00:24   Link #52
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Angel Halo = getting drugged + degenerative effects while being drugged

Main purpose: Destroy or alter one's brain causing sleep and making them become like kids. Kagatie said that it would be easier to control earth if they're dealing with kids

Shakti made the Angel Halo go back using her newtype powers but since her desire to stay earth was manifesting, the halo or all its psychickers controlled the rings and sent Shakti back to earth.

As for Katejina: Love makes you do ODD things.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 01:57   Link #53
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Albany
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Main purpose: Destroy or alter one's brain causing sleep and making them become like kids. Kagatie said that it would be easier to control earth if they're dealing with kids
I'd much rather have the people sleep than having to deal with tons of kids....heck...babysitting 1-2 loud-mouthed, crying kids is hard enough...XD

Besides...I think the human race as kids (unless kids = babies) would be even MORE rebellious in ways than grown humans XD
__________________
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
"Come on! I don't feel like losing!" - Johnny Ridden, The Crimson Lightning
"Hatred is the root of all war! That's common sense, boy!" - Anavel Gato, The Nightmare of Solomon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 02:01   Link #54
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Replace kids with babies if you must, just a few more hours on the angel halo before kids become babies
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 05:18   Link #55
otacu
Flag forever
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Yep, that was Tassilo. Kagatie was the machine-eyepatch old guy. You phail.
I just confused the names Oh well now i now it was Tassilo the big idiot!
otacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 11:37   Link #56
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
so what was that burst of light from the Halo? It only has one purpose and thats to basically kill people and it activated but it didn't do anything. it worked before on a smaller scale and made Uso see things but that was only testing, its kinda confusing.
It's a psycommu system. Usso and Odelo put it best:

Odelo: "It's that kind of machine, so who knows what it can do." (a bit touchy on translation, but this is the general idea of what he said)

Usso: "That's right, because it's a psycommu system."


Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
as for Katejina, some of the crap she uttered made absolutly no sense, like who ever wins, between Uso and Chronicle she will love. I'm not quite sure she love Chronicle any more then she like Uso, she didn't care too much when Chronicle bites the dust, a bit selfish doesn't translate to going physco, and she didn't even see some of the worst parts of the war. Her character reminds me of Quess, though she is a bit more developed but made little sense in the end.
That does make sense. As I said, Katejina was always selfish, and it got much worse by the end of the series. So, being selfish, she's all wrapped up in the delusion that she has two guys fighting each other to the death for her love.

She did love Chronicle, but she had already basically snapped at that point, although you could still see she cared somewhat when she shouted out his name as he plummeted to his doom

She had already snapped from the effect of the Angel Halo's light, which had a different effect on her because of her different state of mind. She thought of it as Shakti and Usso looking down on her, but she had just gone crazy.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 13:59   Link #57
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
It's a psycommu system. Usso and Odelo put it best:

Odelo: "It's that kind of machine, so who knows what it can do." (a bit touchy on translation, but this is the general idea of what he said)

Usso: "That's right, because it's a psycommu system."


That does make sense. As I said, Katejina was always selfish, and it got much worse by the end of the series. So, being selfish, she's all wrapped up in the delusion that she has two guys fighting each other to the death for her love.

She did love Chronicle, but she had already basically snapped at that point, although you could still see she cared somewhat when she shouted out his name as he plummeted to his doom

She had already snapped from the effect of the Angel Halo's light, which had a different effect on her because of her different state of mind. She thought of it as Shakti and Usso looking down on her, but she had just gone crazy.
um, if you snap that easily then your bascially insane, selfish does not equate to insane. There was no reason she would snap in the first place, one moment she wants to be a spy and the next she was shoting at her former allies, they never explained why, with Quess there was at least chars bs of souls are weight down by gravity (yeah like the colony doesn't have gravity).
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 14:58   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
um, if you snap that easily then your bascially insane, selfish does not equate to insane. There was no reason she would snap in the first place, one moment she wants to be a spy and the next she was shoting at her former allies, they never explained why, with Quess there was at least chars bs of souls are weight down by gravity (yeah like the colony doesn't have gravity).
Well I don't mean insane as in totally completely officially signed-by-a-psychiatrist insane, I mean she went irrational and insane.

"One moment?" That was, umm, how long ago before episode 49? Katejina became a Zanscare MS pilot like at least 10 episodes after she said she wanted to be a spy, that's plenty of time to change. But most of all, what makes you think she was being completely honest when she said she wanted to be a spy? Why couldn't she have just lied to get off the hook from Usso and Odelo. (the later had her at gunpoint at the time, btw, so she most certainly could have said that to get off the hook) Anyway, she gradually changed from a friend to an enemy as the episodes went by and she fell deeper for Chronicle. It was by no means a "from one moment to another" change. It happened over the course of 40 episodes, 4/5 of the series.

As for a more definitive explanation for why she went insane in 49, Angel Halo obviously had some kind of influence on her, as to what exactly I don't know, but it obviously did.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 16:11   Link #59
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Well I don't mean insane as in totally completely officially signed-by-a-psychiatrist insane, I mean she went irrational and insane.

"One moment?" That was, umm, how long ago before episode 49? Katejina became a Zanscare MS pilot like at least 10 episodes after she said she wanted to be a spy, that's plenty of time to change. But most of all, what makes you think she was being completely honest when she said she wanted to be a spy? Why couldn't she have just lied to get off the hook from Usso and Odelo. (the later had her at gunpoint at the time, btw, so she most certainly could have said that to get off the hook) Anyway, she gradually changed from a friend to an enemy as the episodes went by and she fell deeper for Chronicle. It was by no means a "from one moment to another" change. It happened over the course of 40 episodes, 4/5 of the series.

As for a more definitive explanation for why she went insane in 49, Angel Halo obviously had some kind of influence on her, as to what exactly I don't know, but it obviously did.
Exactly, why would she change her mind so quickly. There wasn't enough interaction between Katejina and Chronicle, he gives her orders she carries them out, there was rarely any thing personal, (thats on screen at least). Nor was there any explanation on why she wanted to be a pilot, she was a pacificst from the start, then went on a killing spree and later insane, and I doubt the angle halo had anything to do with her going insane, she was that way even before the test firing of the halo. Bottom line, her character is way undeveloped if not forced, from serving coffee to killind Odelo with no apprent reason.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 02:22   Link #60
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
..........dude, where were you when you were watching the series? How many episodes were Katejina and Chronicle together? All the way from when she was "captured" by him to the very end of the series. That's about 4/5 of the series. What the heck do you mean "not enough interaction"?

And buddy, it's clear that she was doing it for Chronicle the whole way. Her feelings for him set her on the path of a mobiel suit pilot. From there, she built an ego, and when Shakyi and Usso clashed with her ego, she snapped.

Anyway, you asked for an explanation, I gave you one. You said yourself you didn't understand how it happened, so how do you think you can correctly explain and refute explanations given by other people?

I'm calling it quits now. I try to explain something to somebody who says he doesn't get it, then he pulls a 180 and starts saying I'm wrong when, again, he said himself he didn't get it.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.