AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-06-05, 18:01   Link #21
gmanr26

mayazaki??

I was wondering if anyone knew of like a box set of alot of the miyazaki films?? I think i remember seeing a friend of mine own one and i'm very interested in getting it... cuz i would rather that tehan buy each one... one by one...

I kinda remember it being green and the ghibli chracter on the box....
where can i find it and for how much??
gmanr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 01:40   Link #22
gmanr26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
All you need have done is google "Optimum Asia Ghibli" and you would have found your answer.

Optimum Asia

Here is the list of the planned releases (details here).

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Cat Returns
Porco Rosso
Pom Poko
Kiki's Delivery Service
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbour Totoro
My Neighbours the Yamadas
Whisper of the Heart
Only Yesterday (October release)
Spirited Away
Grave of the Fireflies

And it would have helped if you mentioned you were looking (in the U.K.) for this particular release in the first place. Also, I can't say I've seen any of these in any store in the U.K. but then I wasn't looking out for them I tend to pick up the U.S. releases (which are cheaper even when shipped across to the U.K.)

I notice the site said it would be released in the first half of 2006.... which has obviously already passed... has it come out already or am i just blind???
Old 2006-06-06, 05:09   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanr26
I notice the site said it would be released in the first half of 2006.... which has obviously already passed... has it come out already or am i just blind???
Actually, the first half of 2006 hasn't passed yet, not until the end of June at least. In addition "that site" ( assume you mean Optimum Asia) are based in the U.K. so they may not be that much help if you are in the U.S.

You also say "I notice the site said it would be released", what do you mean by "it"? Which movie do you mean, Only Yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanr26
I was wondering if anyone knew of like a box set of alot of the miyazaki films?? I think i remember seeing a friend of mine own one and i'm very interested in getting it... cuz i would rather that tehan buy each one... one by one...
The only boxset around are bootlegs, there are no known official Ghibli DVD boxsets (with English subtitles) available.

If you want the separate DVDs then check out the on-line stores (see my previous posts for links to sites such as DVDPacific).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:01   Link #24
gmanr26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Actually, the first half of 2006 hasn't passed yet, not until the end of June at least. In addition "that site" ( assume you mean Optimum Asia) are based in the U.K. so they may not be that much help if you are in the U.S.

You also say "I notice the site said it would be released", what do you mean by "it"? Which movie do you mean, Only Yesterday?

The only boxset around are bootlegs, there are no known official Ghibli DVD boxsets (with English subtitles) available.

If you want the separate DVDs then check out the on-line stores (see my previous posts for links to sites such as DVDPacific).
I live in the Caribbean.... would i be able to get the collection from that site even thouhg i dont live in the UK???
Old 2006-06-07, 13:07   Link #25
cheezisgoooood

I have a friend who was confused about his set of Ghibli movies. I knew it was bootlegged, because I saw a Trigun bootleg that was the exact same design.

I have only five of the Ghibli movies: Grave of the Fireflies, Whisper of the Heart, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and My Neighbor Totoro

My favorite is Spirited Away. Whisper of the Heart I thought was rushed at the end where
Spoiler:
Pretty weird. The rest of the movie was very charming though.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-06-09 at 13:52. Reason: spoiler tags added
cheezisgoooood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 13:51   Link #26
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
But who the HECK has a Laser Disc?
I do. Why? Because you can buy them cheap now at used stores if you know where to look, the large disc covers are very beautiful, and the inserts have very detailed and elaborate info that cannot be found in those small DVD packages.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 13:57   Link #27
raphaŽl
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I do. Why? Because you can buy them cheap now at used stores if you know where to look, the large disc covers are very beautiful, and the inserts have very detailed and elaborate info that cannot be found in those small DVD packages.
You're not a "who", you're a "what".
I mean you're not the average fan, are you? So I think Forbin is right. Only a very few people have a LD player nowadays. There's no need to give your reasons, we know they're good.
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 13:59   Link #28
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezisgoooood
My favorite is Spirited Away. Whisper of the Heart I thought was rushed at the end where
Spoiler:
Pretty weird. The rest of the movie was very charming though.
No, the ending actually is this:

Spoiler:

It wasn't really "rushed", but.. anyway, here's some background info:

Spoiler:
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 16:29   Link #29
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

BTW Arias.

I think that's how the English version of Whisper ended. They changed the whole ending around about how Seji will go to High School and return to Italy in 3 years.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote