AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-06-11, 12:01   Link #21
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
For a true example of the horrors (or joys? =P) of man nipples watch Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu!
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 12:28   Link #22
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Man nipples are a little bit freaky, but I ignore them most of the time. I've also noticed some women in anime will have huge nipples. It freaks me out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
For a true example of the horrors (or joys? =P) of man nipples watch Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu!
I don't remember man nipples being in that. It's a weird enough anime without man nipples though.
Old 2006-06-11, 12:45   Link #23
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxon
I don't remember man nipples being in that. It's a weird enough anime without man nipples though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SL6CZe7b4

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 09:39   Link #24
DaFool
Resident devil

1.) I don't think you'd save that big of a budget by not drawing two ovals. It's more like there is no audience for man-nipples. But it could be different for yaoi (could someone verify if there are man-nipples there?)

Actually, real-life man-nipples do serve a purpose. In some remote cultures where the father takes care of the newborn he breastfeeds it. (lol I'm reminded of those fake cruise control buttons on low-end auto models...you never know when you need to make them functional) Same with women who aren't necessarily previous mothers who wet nurse (okay I am giving waaaaay too much info here....

You folks forget guys have the X-chromosome too, and all fetuses start out as female. (hehe Simoun-style gender determination in the womb)

2.) Cicadas = summer.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 09:54   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
1.) I don't think you'd save that big of a budget by not drawing two ovals. It's more like there is no audience for man-nipples.
Well yeah, I was merely using that as an example. My point still stands, that I wouldn't particularly care either way if they're drawn or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
hehe Simoun-style gender determination
Heh, that's the first thing that sprang to my mind when you said that as well.
Old 2006-06-12, 10:11   Link #26
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Nipples are nipples...
I go around shirtless all the time in my neighborhood no complaints... maybe even swoons.

Virginia Summer Is a furnace *Too much Humdity*.

Though I can see why men are drawn without them.

United Leecher Front.

Save your Love ones from Disease.
Folding@Home Team Animesuki
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 13:06   Link #27
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Also note that there's a rule for all bishounen/seinen and even anime men in general when it comes to hair....

The only place they have it is on their head. XD
Old 2006-06-12, 15:19   Link #28
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurz
Nipples are nipples...
I go around shirtless all the time in my neighborhood no complaints... maybe even swoons.

Virginia Summer Is a furnace *Too much Humdity*.

Though I can see why men are drawn without them.
Yea, guys without shirts is normal around here. You think Virginia is bad? The humidity here is killer (note the tropical storm).
Old 2006-06-13, 01:01   Link #29
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Well, where I am right now you would think we breath water, for relative humidity can go up to 90%... and temperature rises up to 37 °C. Even so, people insist in wearing a lot of stuff on (lol, it's funny, you can recognize tourists for they always wear shorts and very light clothes). Returning to nipples, dunno, I think it's kinda ugly to draw them. Perhaps it's because I'm not used to see them much in anime as stated in the original question, most probably if it appeared regularly, it wouldn't be disgusting (for me). And since body hair was mentioned, not all head hair is acceptable either... have you seen any animes w/hair coming out of the nose or ears?
Old 2006-06-13, 01:17   Link #30
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris DJ
for relative humidity can go up to 90%
Holy crap, that's bad. Relative Humidity here (UK) yesterday was up to 40% and it was around 33ºC for most of the day. That was horrible. I can't even begin to imagine how horrible 90% would be.
Old 2006-06-13, 01:51   Link #31
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Normally it's around 75%, but it can go up to 90%, believe me, as soon as you're out of the bathroom (supposedly to refresh), you're sweating again. I lived for a while in Costa Rica, the humidity there was about 45% and they were always complaining. To me it was paradise for even at 27°C I wouldn't sweat. And by the way, cicadas there sound really different to those in Japan, definitely long distance relatives will have a ring even more different than those living in nearer places.