AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-15, 04:38   Link #221
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
Okay, well it seems like the Day of Sagittarius III game is definitely based on a Legend of Galactic Heroes game as others have mentioned, and after a bit of research I turned up this screenshot of 銀河英雄伝説 VI (Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu 6). It seems like it's actually not massively old, it came out around 2000 or so. I haven't a clue how one would go about getting hold of it though, Amazon Japan won't ship games out of the country, and hardly anybody else seems to do Japanese PC games.
That was the 20th anniversary edition, containing several versions of the game.

A massive MMOSLG was being planned and produced by Chinese, Korean and Japanese programmers in 2004, but "LoGH VII" collapsed as a deal and the franchise effectively went dead. (Damn! It looked good too...)

The first LoGH game came out in 1989... And no, I have no idea where to get a copy of my own.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:01   Link #222
ryaken
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Think "Mickey"
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Once out there: all the new scents, the feelings, the textures were so exhilarating he just felt sorry for the "behinders" and never looked back.
I see. When I read this I was oddly reminded of Roy Batty's line..
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..." I sure the rest is known well.

I guess unusual and amazing experiences have strong influence ability, but I this swings around to questions like "Who are the static and dynamic characters of Yuuutsu, esp in the viewers perspective"

Its too early in the morning.
__________________
If it looks like the beach... it's the beach.
MyStatus
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 07:58   Link #223
Danj
Tech Bloke
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peterlee, DURHAM, UK
Age: 36
Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That was the 20th anniversary edition, containing several versions of the game.

A massive MMOSLG was being planned and produced by Chinese, Korean and Japanese programmers in 2004, but "LoGH VII" collapsed as a deal and the franchise effectively went dead. (Damn! It looked good too...)

The first LoGH game came out in 1989... And no, I have no idea where to get a copy of my own.
Well apparently somebody I know is actually visiting Japan at the moment, so I asked him if he can have a look in used game shops for it or something, showed him the boxart pictures from Amazon Japan so he knows what to look for. So maybe I'll be able to get hold of it.
__________________
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 11:19   Link #224
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
After watching the episode, I'd have to say that there was another emphasis this episode was focusing on, but was overshadowed by the impressive space battle, rather than accentuated by it - Haruhi and Kyon's trust within each other.

Even though Itsuki only touched on the subject briefly, it was evident in the whole "space battle" sequence, and also in the episode's resolution. During the whole game, both Haruhi and Kyon were really into the game with the way, they were reacting and everything (replaying 15:46 to 15:51 several times just to hear Haruhi say "watashi ga hakenishiteruwa yo" in a slightly pissed manner was worth it!) as well as treating the game, both seemed to share a mutual enjoyment to what they were "experiencing", be it the game or the space battle they might have thought up for themselves. Whether or not it's apparent, there really is an apparent mutual link betwen the two now, even if Kyon might (and will) fervently deny it.

Also, Haruhi letting Yuki decide for herself due to Kyon's intervention makes me believe that she allowed such a thing not only because Kyon told her to do so, but because she trusts in his decision-making.

Keeping these two things in mind, as well as the upcoming Haruhi no Yuutsu episodes, I definitely can't wait to see the emphasis on the growing connection between Haruhi and Kyon to gradually lead to the bond that they share that was shown in this episode.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 11:22   Link #225
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Yes, Haruhi offered herself because she trusts that Kyon will help her win this.

Kyon of course helped Haruhi win this, by given Yuki the go to pwn the computer club.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 11:28   Link #226
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes, Haruhi offered herself because she trusts that Kyon will help her win this.

Kyon of course helped Haruhi win this, by given Yuki the go to pwn the computer club.
What I meant was something more than that, though. For example, Haruhi and Kyon were enjoying the game on the same level, even Itsuki commented on it. And the way they were reeacting to certain events in the game (when Kyon was about to counter-fire on the enemies but then they disappeared, when Haruhi decided to suddenly rush in, and when they were firing back on the enemies after Yuki avtered the cheat) showed that there could possibly be more than them just enjoying it on the same level - that they're connected in some level, they share a sort of mental link, and they both completely understand each other, even though Kyon may play oblivious to it.

What I can't wait to see is how they lead to that, since several episode have already portrayed that link existing between them, and we've yet to see what might have led to that. Course, reading the novels, you know what's coming next, but with KyoAni's animation job, I just can't wait to see the last two episodes! >w<
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:00   Link #227
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
What I meant was something more than that, though. For example, Haruhi and Kyon were enjoying the game on the same level, even Itsuki commented on it. And the way they were reeacting to certain events in the game (when Kyon was about to counter-fire on the enemies but then they disappeared, when Haruhi decided to suddenly rush in, and when they were firing back on the enemies after Yuki avtered the cheat) showed that there could possibly be more than them just enjoying it on the same level - that they're connected in some level, they share a sort of mental link, and they both completely understand each other, even though Kyon may play oblivious to it.

What I can't wait to see is how they lead to that, since several episode have already portrayed that link existing between them, and we've yet to see what might have led to that. Course, reading the novels, you know what's coming next, but with KyoAni's animation job, I just can't wait to see the last two episodes! >w<
Yea I know what you mean, I'm just adding onto it lol

Actually Kyon doesn't want to accept the fact that he and Haruhi is so close to each other. He thinks Haruhi is destroying his life lol, though he actually had fun meeting such an unusual bunch of people. He has an even bigger disbelief though.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:03   Link #228
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes, Haruhi offered herself because she trusts that Kyon will help her win this.
IMO she rather wanted to be "rescued" by Kyon just like he "rescued" Yuki and Mikuru.

No offence tho, it`s only my opinion ^^
__________________
RiXeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:10   Link #229
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
IMO she rather wanted to be "rescued" by Kyon just like he "rescued" Yuki and Mikuru.

No offence tho, it`s only my opinion ^^
I'm sure she would like that lol

But Haruhi has a love for danger and being in trouble more than Kyon lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:16   Link #230
Lost
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
IMO she rather wanted to be "rescued" by Kyon just like he "rescued" Yuki and Mikuru.

No offence tho, it`s only my opinion ^^
Thats an interesting view.. putting herself into the shoes of the defenseless maiden-in-distress? But how would you substantiate that view? I like it, but I dont think it would apply as I did not see her giving any indication of such a mindset (it seems to me she just suggested that out of the blue), indeed, thruout the game she still maintained that I'm-the-leader-I'll-pwn-everyone attitude.

Althought, she did give some effort into respecting the opinions of Kyon at the start of the game by holding back, and I think thats what causing me to respect Haruhi a little more.. how shes giving more leeway to Kyon. (random tot: main character shift? ) And yes, it can only mean trust. I too can't wait to see the further implications of that. But.. only 3(?) episodes to go
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 12:29   Link #231
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
My speculation is that Haruhi is trying to be a little subordinative to Kyon (Making his comments and suggesstions matter in the planning), compared to the early part of the Haruhi timeline. Itsuki's speech about "trust" is a hint of that.

In any rate, Yuki Nagato is really emphasized these last few episodes (Ep 7, Ep 10 and this episode mainly) revealing that she is capable of human-like emotions. I really like her because she's so cool (and maybe because she's the only character in the current series that showed her fearsome power), and side from her poker-face expression, she shows a lot of her cute side too.
Truth-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 13:04   Link #232
Dakota
disregard that (″-)ﺩ-
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: mountains
Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I'll sum it up with... "lol @ computers"
__________________
Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 21:43   Link #233
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Had to give it a 10 it was damn good. I am giving it a 10 for 3 reasons. the space battle was great i thought it was really funny how each charcters personalities relflected on how their fleets and uniforms looked. First the whole talk about how Kyon and Haruhi trust each other was great, it made sense and i think it even made Kyon think a little bit more about what exactly is between Haruhi and himself. 3rd had to be Nagato not only for her super uber hacking ability but the fact that she showing more and more emotion as time passes. The look in her eyes when she was working on the computer and the happy look and moving fingers when the computer club asked to stop over sometime made me like her even more. Kudos to Kyon for stepping in and letting her make her own deicsion.

Oh yeah i totally think the SOS should just go ahead and invade the computer club and make them servents this is the second time they have lost give it up. Not to mention the super vicious drop kick from Haruhi......... I call it the Super SOS Haruhi Special Drop Kick

http://www.badongo.com/pic/215087
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 22:00   Link #234
arias
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Thats an interesting view.. putting herself into the shoes of the defenseless maiden-in-distress? But how would you substantiate that view? I like it, but I dont think it would apply as I did not see her giving any indication of such a mindset (it seems to me she just suggested that out of the blue), indeed, thruout the game she still maintained that I'm-the-leader-I'll-pwn-everyone attitude.
It will be somewhat substantiated in the final episode.

It's not really putting herself in a damsel in distress role; Haruhi is hardly that weak. But....................
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 22:56   Link #235
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
After giving a glance through GiS manga, I afraid I must conclude that there exist insufficient information on the data manipulation abilities of Nagato for me to make a final verdict on who's the clear-cut winner straight out. Mokoto is... really beyond the physical realms.

(Strange as it is, I started to get my ol' Homeworld 2 and started to relive it as my tribute to DoSIII)
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 00:06   Link #236
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
(Strange as it is, I started to get my ol' Homeworld 2 and started to relive it as my tribute to DoSIII)
You know, if I weren't so immersed in EVE right now, I'd join you in bringing glory to Admiral Suzumiya and her SOS-dan. Judging by the number of posts from people inspired to take on Space RTS games, a proper army could be assembled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
After watching the episode, I'd have to say that there was another emphasis this episode was focusing on, but was overshadowed by the impressive space battle, rather than accentuated by it - Haruhi and Kyon's trust within each other.

Even though Itsuki only touched on the subject briefly, it was evident in the whole "space battle" sequence, and also in the episode's resolution. During the whole game, both Haruhi and Kyon were really into the game with the way, they were reacting and everything (replaying 15:46 to 15:51 several times just to hear Haruhi say "watashi ga hakenishiteruwa yo" in a slightly pissed manner was worth it!) as well as treating the game, both seemed to share a mutual enjoyment to what they were "experiencing", be it the game or the space battle they might have thought up for themselves. Whether or not it's apparent, there really is an apparent mutual link betwen the two now, even if Kyon might (and will) fervently deny it.

Also, Haruhi letting Yuki decide for herself due to Kyon's intervention makes me believe that she allowed such a thing not only because Kyon told her to do so, but because she trusts in his decision-making.

Keeping these two things in mind, as well as the upcoming Haruhi no Yuutsu episodes, I definitely can't wait to see the emphasis on the growing connection between Haruhi and Kyon to gradually lead to the bond that they share that was shown in this episode.
There was definately an (underlying) emphasis in trust between the two characters in this episode. It also seemed that Kyon was surprised when Haruhi offered to bet herself in the contest. I'd think that Haruhi's trust in Kyon would be strengthened after the win even though Kyon really didn't do much to contribute to it. I'm quite happy that Kyoani decided to keep Yuutsu V and VI together to end off the series. It should prove to be a very strong finish for this series.

Oh and another thing, although slight, the characters in this episode were drawn much more closer to the original novels than any other episodes.
__________________

Currently watching: (week 2) Claymore, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, HitoHira, Hayate no Gotoku!, Murder Princess, Lucky Star, Darker than BLACK, Sola, Seto no Hanayome , El Cazador.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 02:23   Link #237
Entropy
Flame warrior
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Indeed that would be wonderful. Let's hope Relic get to making Homeworld 3 or even a Battlefleet Gothic game(they have some really cool ship designs and stuff in there IMO which I'd love to be able to control. Eldar ones especially) with that sort of scale.

*drools*
Hi.

No Homeworld 3 yet is in the making though to our knowledge, don't let the magazines fool you!
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 02:55   Link #238
Zappster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
Hi.

No Homeworld 3 yet is in the making though to our knowledge, don't let the magazines fool you!
Cool. Page bookmarked. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

As for Homeworld 3 it's more wishful thinking on my part than any rumours I've read.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 05:05   Link #239
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I m surprised there isnt any Yuki fan club after this episode
this episode is probably the best otaku fan-service.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 05:10   Link #240
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat
I m surprised there isnt any Yuki fan club after this episode
this episode is probably the best otaku fan-service.
There's one reason why there's no Yuki clubs or any other. Its because Haruhi-sama dominates SOS-dan and all her subjects, Meaning everything falls under Haruhiism.

Worshipping any of Haruhi-sama's subjects = partly Haruhi worship = Haruhiism.

So yea, theres no need of any clubs, just the SOS-dan and Haruhiism

This episode isn't exactly otaku fan service, but space opera, mecha, science fiction, RTS or just strategy gaming fan service and parodies
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-06-16 at 05:35.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.