AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-12-31, 05:15   Link #21
xfordained
you should die
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
your right i could have used proper grammer but i didnt and i dont feel like changing my post for the type of loser who scans froums try to correct ppl on forums
xfordained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 08:16   Link #22
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfordained
your right i could have used proper grammer but i didnt and i dont feel like changing my post for the type of loser who scans froums try to correct ppl on forums
Well, don't expect people to talk to you then, if they can't understand WTF you're talking about. I think it's odd that you're surprised people still value intelligible communication.

As for the NGE director's cut, I think the director was on crack when he originally MADE the series, so I won't be purchasing this (or any other) version.

--Cless
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 10:55   Link #23
Megane
Sleepy Head
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: UK
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
*AHEM* Let's try to keep this thread afloat, shall we?

Anyway, thanks to Fronzel and StarCreator for clearing things up regarding the "Remastered" DVD 1. What I would like to know now, and that I can't quite extract from StarCreator's post, is whether or not we'll be seeing anymore Remastered DVDs after Genesis Reborn and Resurrection?

The "Renewal" project that you mentioned, is that a re-re-master? What I mean to ask is, are Genesis Reborn and Resurrection English versions of DVDs from this project? Or are the Renewal DVDs remastered beyond the Director's Cut Stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
As for the NGE director's cut, I think the director was on crack when he originally MADE the series, so I won't be purchasing this (or any other) version.
And you don't think that's a great reason to buy a series? All hail Gonzo Anime Direction!
__________________
warg.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 16:46   Link #24
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Age: 32
The Director's cut isn't really a remaster. It just has additional scenes/alternate ending. It's also only for the last 6 episodes, as I mentioned.

The Renewal is the 100% remaster of the entire series, which has been released in Japan very recently, but nowhere else yet.
__________________
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 19:08   Link #25
lilitu93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megane
*AHEM* Let's try to keep this thread afloat, shall we?

Anyway, thanks to Fronzel and StarCreator for clearing things up regarding the "Remastered" DVD 1. What I would like to know now, and that I can't quite extract from StarCreator's post, is whether or not we'll be seeing anymore Remastered DVDs after Genesis Reborn and Resurrection?

The "Renewal" project that you mentioned, is that a re-re-master? What I mean to ask is, are Genesis Reborn and Resurrection English versions of DVDs from this project? Or are the Renewal DVDs remastered beyond the Director's Cut Stuff?
ADV isn't going to remaster any other DVDs as they stoped doing the overlays. All availalbe first Eva DVDs in both in the US and the UK are the remastered version. This remasting was only an English-language thing and has nothing to do with the Japanese originals. (Australians stil have the messed up first DVD, plus the 2nd one, so don't buy the R4s, at least for those two DVDs.)

"Renewal" came out in Japan and is a remaster from the originals, so it's a remaster of the whole series, plus the movies. So far, it isn't licensed for the US. Whether it will be or not remains to be seen, but I doubt it will be for a few years now because the director's cuts were just licensed, and it wouldn't make sense to release them and then release another version of the whole series. Maybe after the live action movie comes out, it will be done--who knows?

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.
lilitu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 19:41   Link #26
Megane
Sleepy Head
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: UK
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitu93
...
"Renewal" came out in Japan and is a remaster from the originals, so it's a remaster of the whole series, plus the movies. So far, it isn't licensed for the US. Whether it will be or not remains to be seen, but I doubt it will be for a few years now because the director's cuts were just licensed, and it wouldn't make sense to release them and then release another version of the whole series. Maybe after the live action movie comes out, it will be done--who knows?
...
Ah, an excellent conclusion. It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Has anyone ever wondered why the original incarnation of a remade film is released on DVD around the time the remake launches in the cinema? Lord of the Rings (although not exactly a "remake", it's a second incarnation none the less), and The Time Machine, are two examples. If a second coming becomes a box office hit, this raises awareness of the title, which will help you sell the original. Whether or not they intend to mislead consumers into buying what they think is the remake (a theory of mine) is another matter however...

I think ADV would do well to take advantage of this model, and look to aquire the license rights of Renewal. All they have to do is hope that there is enough of a popularity wave to ride on, caused by the splash that the Live-Action Eva movie makes.
__________________
warg.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 06:22   Link #27
Zigma
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
this makes me just say.. wtf

gianax is 2 cheap to make an extensive version of Evangelion, a good one would be life after end of evangelion but they say "Hey, Instead of releasing something totally new with new story, new SOMETHING, Lets continue to hype the series and release the same series on a diffrence DVD box set EVERY YEAR and name it something else.

It's stupid.

I watched evangelion, My fav series ever but enough is enough.
Zigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 07:11   Link #28
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Age: 32
If I recall, this is either the first or second time Eva has been on DVD in Japan. I'm not sure where you're getting "every year" from.
__________________
StarCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 07:34   Link #29
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Third Release on DVD in Japan. One VHS release, and a few Laserdisc

ADV had the 13 VHS, the 8 individuals, the 8 DVD box set, and now the redone volumes 7 and 8

Manga Entertainment have ONE release of Death and Rebirth, and End of Evangelion.

Due to the fact that the License for two things in the renewal project belong to two (and somewhat different) companies, chances of it getting a state-side release, even after the Live Action film, and still considering Gainax being tighter than a ducks-butt, the chances of The Eva Renewal project coming out ANYWHERE other than Japan is but a pipe-dream.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.